Home

Announcing Red Slushie 1.3 (again)

ensiform

Media, I never said the mod-makers were successful at taking care of the game. It really got bad...and JKA is on life support now. JA+ turned away from the admin abuse...but another mod showing up continuing the admin abuse isn't good. The mod community made a lot of bad decisions...which is why I joined JA+. JA+ is the #1 mod, and I wanted to at least try to get it off it's current path and get it on the right track.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First off, I think red slushie is a stupid mod that offers all kinds of absurd game altering tweaks. and the guys who made it (stubert and what not) rank as some of the worst players to ever play this series. moving on....

"and btw...this game is no longer funded or patched. Because of this, it is the mod makers' responibility to be the caretakers of the game"

No it isn't. Their attempt to add to the game has made it basically unplayable. The pub server scene in jk2 is flat out laughable.

"You must be cautious...for what we mod-makers create can very well make or break what is left of JKA."

It's already broken, and it can't be fixed, thanks to the same people you are giving credit to. Accept that you dont' know what you're talking about. These mod makers have made the game unplayable as anything other than a quasi-RPG. Go to one of those servers sometime and try to approach it like a real ffa. With jetpacks and grapple hooks, it's impossible to kill anyone who doesn't want to be killed. That's not game balance, and that's not responsible modding. The fact is this: you guys don't really want to play an FPS, you want to emerse yourselves in the star wars universe and pretend to be dooku without truly skilled gamers comming in and owning you....

Just another reason JK2 is still clearly the better game. There really is much less of this bull**** in jk2, the NF servers still enforce "no laming", but the s/o FF servers and full weapon servers are, for the most part, no rules ffa's.

never post this crap in a thread again, very unpolite. name the options that are absurd, and btw we are not some of the worst players in this series. we are members of refresh one of the largest jka communities non-main (here, dev chans). most of the jka players there arent what you would consider 'the worst players'.

uhm where do you get RPG out of a FPS game? i dislike all rpg/mmorpgs so why would i add rpg features? and how are those features listed above making the game unplayable? its all optional and customizable based on what the admin likes. and yet you say we want to emerse ourselves into the star wars universe and be dooku? how is that? there is nothing that resembles this to be like an RPG mod.

Red Slushie doesn't encourage any type of gametype or limits of force/weapons. the only thing you cannot play with red slushie is siege, it simply doesnt work.

the ideas of "laming" are quite stupid anyway. i mean it spreads through the whole game when its really only rules/courtesy for honor games.

once again like i said at the beginning of my reply... this is an announcement thread not a "bit__ at this mod thread"

First off, I think red slushie is a stupid mod that offers all kinds of absurd game altering tweaks. and the guys who made it (stubert and what not) rank as some of the worst players to ever play this series. moving on....

"and btw...this game is no longer funded or patched. Because of this, it is the mod makers' responibility to be the caretakers of the game"

No it isn't. Their attempt to add to the game has made it basically unplayable. The pub server scene in jk2 is flat out laughable.

"You must be cautious...for what we mod-makers create can very well make or break what is left of JKA."

It's already broken, and it can't be fixed, thanks to the same people you are giving credit to. Accept that you dont' know what you're talking about. These mod makers have made the game unplayable as anything other than a quasi-RPG. Go to one of those servers sometime and try to approach it like a real ffa. With jetpacks and grapple hooks, it's impossible to kill anyone who doesn't want to be killed. That's not game balance, and that's not responsible modding. The fact is this: you guys don't really want to play an FPS, you want to emerse yourselves in the star wars universe and pretend to be dooku without truly skilled gamers comming in and owning you....

Just another reason JK2 is still clearly the better game. There really is much less of this bull**** in jk2, the NF servers still enforce "no laming", but the s/o FF servers and full weapon servers are, for the most part, no rules ffa's.

you are CLEARLY mediablitz and therefore have no say in anything

The fact that you can count the number of servers running Red Slushie on one hand means any theoretical abuse that happens (if it happens) is nothing compared to the abuse that has occured and continues to occur on hundreds of JA+ servers.

Yup, and as for Wild Jedi, I'm the only person Dave abuses with admin commands, so the rest of you don't need to worry. ;)

I can vouch for mono on that. :shades2:

I don't agree with the admin commands either, simply because that should be the difference between the competitive community, and those...others. That we don't feel the need to demonstrate a false sense of superiority through use of a mod.

One question however, wheres the client side download?

Originally Posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

The fact that you can count the number of servers running Red Slushie on one hand means any theoretical abuse that happens (if it happens) is nothing compared to the abuse that has occured and continues to occur on hundreds of JA+ servers.

The point is...if RS becomes popular...it's going to be just like how JA+ used to be....admin abuse city.

Seeing as the rs admin no longer has slap/slay/trip... heres an update:

rs_adminrights values:

• 1 = Listips
    2 = Add Client as Admin
    4 = Remove Client from Admin
    8 = Origin
    16 = Mute / Unmute
    32 = Freeze / Thaw
    64 = Rename / Ren
    128 = CenterPrint Text (cp)
    256 = Print MOTD
    512 = Admin Chat
    1024 = Kick
    2048 = Kickban / Remban
    4096 = Forceteam
    8192 = Status
    16384 = NPC
    32768 = Pause/Unpause (now works properly also; time does not count down when paused)
    65536 = Noob (renames padawan's to "I'm a noob!")
    131072 = Spec 999 ping'ed clients

262143 = All of the above

also: We are happy to announce that the thermal detonators are now working properly after adding some unlagged code in G_RunFrame.

So those abusive commands were removed? Bravo sir!

The competative gamers of the world will thank you. :)

Though that "God" command doesn't sound too good. Making the admin invincible I assume? That could be used to cheat, right...? :p

Ah so it could be used on somebody who's about to kill you, or somebody who's about to capture the flag or complete an objective... (or somebody in mid jump over a pit!) ;P

Heck, in CTF it could be used to hold up the game indefinately! (since the frozen person couldn't score, return or be killed)... ouch.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived