Home

The Hunt for the Sith Hunter

Writer

There is an old legend that tells of warriors known as the Sith Hunters. They fought the Sith nearly to extinction before being killed off one by one. A thousand years after they were killed, one of them was rediscovered... very much alive and appearing to be no more than nineteen years old. The Sith created them and slowed their aging process. They cannot die of age.

Riebe Sothe continued to help the Jedi after she was found, training a young woman named Caitlin Bryce in the way of the Jedi. Caitlin went on to train Erica West and begin training Nadira DelCarr.

Riebe did as the Jedi Council requested of her even through the Clone Wars. She served the Republic in any way she possibly could. When the Emperor took over, she vanished without a trace. Shortly before the destruction of the Death Star, she reappeared again and was in an X-Wing as the gigantic space station was destroyed.

Not long after that, Riebe came into contact with Caitlin Bryce and Erica West, who had also survived the Jedi Purge. After the destruction of the second Death Star, Nadira was also discovered to have lived through the Purge. Instead of agreeing to help Luke Skywalker with his new Jedi Academy, Riebe returned to the Watchtower, the planet without a name she'd spent a great deal of time on since vanishing the first time.

While on this planet, Riebe discovered that she was not the only Sith Hunter to have survived. But she was unwilling to believe that this man, Craig, was truly who he claimed to be. She called him a clone and fled. Since then, she has not been seen.

Now, Nadira DelCarr sits alone in a dirty cantina, glancing at the chronometer from time to time. Finally, she glanced at the door as Erica West entered through the front door.

"I'm glad you could make it," Nadira said quietly. "Tell me, do you know if Caitlin is coming also?"

"She was on my heels," Erica answered. Sure enough, Caitlin Bryce came to the table only seconds later. Nadira nodded slowly.

"I've invited a few others," she said. "When they arrive, I'll explain why we're here."

((All the old ROTSH post away!))

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't take long for Craig to arrive. His sleek red starfighter, the Ragnarok (Anyone who plays FF8 knows what it looks like. Think that, but heavily armed to the teeth :p ) came to a smooth landing to a pad nearby. A black-cloaked man walked out and arrived near the group.

"Hello ladies," He said in a calm voice, smiling at them. His hood was down, his silver hair shining and his blue eyes almost penetrating the dim light of the cantina. "I'm sure my attire is..appropriate for this search, just try not to lose me." He continued with a smirk. He gave Erica and Caitlin a warm smile, "It'll be a pleasure to work alongside two fine Jedi once more." He added.

Caitlin broke into a smile when she heard the familiar voice. She rose immediately and gave Craig a hug. "It's so good to see you again." Then, she pulled away and looked into his eyes. "But search?" She looked at Nadira. "What are we searching for?"

"Let's wait a few more minutes," Nadira answered. "See if anybody else shows up. Then, I'll talk."

"So what have you been up to recently, Craig?" Erica asked, motioning for the Sith Hunter to have a seat.

Curt was on his way to the cantina on his speeder bike when some 'old friends' started to chase him. He led them all the way to the cantina. Curt jumped off the bike and bolted right in. He drew his pistol and hid around the corner from the door. The men slowly walked in, But Curt was to fast and smart for them, he put a blaster bolt in all three of thier backs.

"Sorry about the mess" Curt said then flicked some credits at the bartender. Curt sat down with the group.

"Howdy!" Curt said with a big smile.

Craig smiled fondly at Caitlin's greeting, then nodded, "I'll let Nadira explain." He said simply, then turned to Erica, "Not much really, at least not much that's very fascinating to delve into an explanation for. I'd bore you all to sleep with stories of what happened during my time of...absence, for lack of a better word." He said, smiling. He understood that although they would be glad to hear the stories anyway, they were for another time, as they had more important issues at hand.

((JM, I'm going to assume your character is not to be 'noticed' until later... that ok? ))

"We'll pry your stories from you later," Nadira told Craig. "But now to business." She paused for a moment. "The Sith Hunter, Riebe Sothe has been missing for at least a year, as I'm sure you all know. But the reason I have called you here is that I get the feeling all of us want to find her."

She let that sink in before continuing. "In my travels, I've come across some rather interesting individuals... and they put me on the trail of our missing Sith Hunter."

"Where is she?" Caitlin demanded. Nadira held up a hand.

"I didn't call you here because I know where she is," she said. "Caitlin, she trained you and I can only assume you learned some things about her that the rest of us wouldn't know. Craig, you are also a Sith Hunter and therefore know much more about her distant past than the rest of us. Erica, you were trained by Caitlin longer than I was and therefore had more contact with her master. Curt, I asked for you because you seem to have the most access to recent history that might involve Riebe."

"So we are to search for her," Erica said. Nadira nodded.

"She's left us one clue after another," she said. "She knows that, if we get the right group together, we'll be able to find her and if we can find her, we are who we claim to be. Craig, this includes you. When we find her, she might be more willing to believe you are who you claim to be."

"Pry as you wish, but it'll be like borrowing food from a starving Rancor." He said with a grin. "Of course, but there'll have to be more proof given. Thoughts, memories, and speech are easily emulated over to a cloned person. It's my actions and choices that will have to reveal to her who I really am." He said with a more firm tone.

(( :eek: ))

Nadira led the way to a nearby lift. When the entire party was inside, she directed it downward, stopping it forty levels down from where they started. When it stopped, she left it and went directly to a small door nearby. With a short glance at the others, she knocked. A small light came on over the door.

"Identify," a voice said.

"Nadira DelCarr."

"You have companions," the voice said. "They must wait here while you enter."

The door slid open, but was shut immediately after Nadira entered. Caitlin stared at the door for a moment before turning to Craig.

"Now might be a good time for one of your stories," she said quietly.

((Yeah. All that time off the face of the boards suddenly either made my character transparent to Curt-Man's sight, or he got a sex change I was not aware of.

That's really... REALLY...

Freaky.))

(([raspy voice] And that is why you don't leave the boards[/raspy voice]

Craig shrugged, "I could tell many things. I will tell you this for the moment though. I've stirred up a lot of trouble down here in the past. I'm not the one to normally say this, especially to two well trained such as yourself, but please be careful, and if for at any reason someone tries to come after me, do not try to help out. They're only after me, and there's no need to involve any of you." He finished in a low tone. Then after awhile he shrugged, "So some stories from beyond the edge of known space? Well I'll tell you this, you think hyperspace piracy is bad here.. the creature's that catch you out there are twice as nasty. You'd be suprised how well living outside of known civilization makes you a bit more threatening, even without laser weapons and resistant armor." He said with a slight smirk. "Nothing I couldn't handle but it was definately something new."

"Well then, I think we can be happy we have you to tell us these things rather than being required to endure them ourselves," Erica laughed. The door slid suddenly open and Nadira flew out from the opening as though she had been thrown and landed in a heap against the opposite wall.

"Damn," she muttered, sitting up as Caitlin and Erica rushed over to her.

"What happened?" Caitlin demanded. "Can you stand? Are you alright?"

"Yes, I can stand and, yes, I'm alright," Nadira answered. Caitlin helped her to her feet and she sighed. "What can I say? I went in, talked to somebody I couldn't see, and told this person who my companions were."

"That may not have been a good idea," Caitlin muttered. Nadira ignored her.

"So then, the person asked me what I wanted," she went on. "I said we were looking for Riebe."

"Another potential bad idea," Erica whispered.

"The voice asked me a question... where had I last heard something of Riebe?" Nadira continued. "I explained and this," she held up a datapad, "popped out of the floor into my hand and I was quite literally ejected from the room."

"What's the pad?" Caitlin asked. Nadira looked at it.

"It's a map."

"Of where?" Erica demanded. Nadira frowned.

"It's of this building," she answered. "We have to go down another ten levels."

She glanced at the lift and then at the rest of the party. With a sigh, she led the way back to the lift and pressed the button to open the doors.

((JM's char is probably frantically scrambling back on top of the lift :p ))

Archived