Home

The Hunt for the Sith Hunter

Writer

The man grinned when Craig told them not to help out if they came for him. Seemed the old friends were alike.

((EDIT: DAMMIT I post and now you post. And he'd back up back to the elevator the moment Nadira got thrown out))

The man scrambled up, and made it, if only because the shoddy making of the building meant there was no cover to the access hole.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lift doors opened and the party entered it. The door closed and the lift went down another ten levels. When it opened again, Nadira glanced at the map and stepped out. She led them down a long corridor and then made a right turn. Another long corridor and they stopped at a door.

"It seems to indicate this room," she said. She approached the door and it opened. With a frown, she stepped through. This room was dark and Nadira stopped as soon as there was enough room for everybody to stand inside the room. The door closed, leaving them in complete darkness.

"Who enters this room?" a voice called. It sounded like Riebe and Caitlin gasped. Could their search be this easy.

"Nadira DelCarr, Erica West, Caitlin Bryce, Craig, and Curt," Nadira answered. There was a moment of silence.

"There is another listening from outside," the voice announced. The door opened. "Let him enter."

The door slid smoothly shut just behind the man and low level lights came on throughout the room. The group turned to look at the newcomer, but before they could say anything, Riebe's voice spoke again.

"Introduce yourself," it said. "It seems you're interested in joining the group, so you should all get to know one another. After all, you've been following them since they came together."

"Well, that's a start, I suppose," the voice said slowly. "Somehow, I get the feeling you won't be opening up much more than that. Therefore, we'll be getting on to business."

"We've been directed here..." Caitlin begin.

"By the map," the voice interrupted. "I know. You must answer a question."

"And what would that be?" Erica wondered.

"Riebe Sothe was the last Sith Hunter to be declared dead," the voice said. "Who was the one just before her?"

((JM, that would be your Sith Hunter character... Jokemaster... Jack, wasn't he?))

"The history of the Sith Hunters is broken," the voice growled. "Many pieces are missing. I should have expected Craig to come up with that answer as he is from that time period."

"Do we really have to go through this?" Caitlin pleaded. "He knows..."

"Yes," Riebe's voice cut in. "Yes, we must."

Craig looked at the newcomer, as he was just about to answer that question himself, but he wasn't quite too sure, as he didn't know if he was thought dead before or after Jokemaster. He examined the man for a minute, "You must have known him." he said slowly, analyzing the man slowly, "Either that, or you're one of those people who hunt and learn history just for the sake of knowing it."

"The map changed," Nadira said as she came out of the room. "Ah! We don't have to go further down. The next stop is on this floor." She looked up. "That way."

She led them along the corridor until they came to a T in the halls. She stopped and frowned.

"Right here?" she muttered. A holographic image started to come into focus. It was of Riebe.

"I'd tell you that you were doing good, but you've only answered the first question," she said. "And that was from the newcomer." She glared at Roma. "My program does not recognize you. Riebe won't be happy."

Archived