Home

The Hunt for the Sith Hunter

Writer

"If you knew anything about Riebe, you'd know that," Caitlin muttered.

"But perhaps his area of expertise is Jokemaster," the image said suddenly. "My next question has nothing to do with your current quest... I'll get to that in a moment. Roma, if you'd be so kind as to answer another question, what was Jokemaster's real name?"

"Is this an intelligent AI we're talking to?" Erica whispered to Caitlin. Caitlin shrugged. It certainly seemed so.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roma thought hard before answering. He knew the answer of course, but he wondered waht the response would be. He doubted they'd attack him or stop him from continuing if he didn't answer, but he didn't want to seem like he only knew the basics. Finally he decided it was best to make them more curious about him.

"Jack Bauer."

"Damn," the image muttered. "Riebe's going to explode when she hears this..." Then, raising its voice, it went on. "Very well, Roma."

Taking in the rest of the group, it said, "A question for any who can answer. Riebe Sothe used several different lightsabers in her very long history. What was the very first?"

((Let Craig answer... remember the answer, Flamehart? If not, it's a saber staff, burnt orange.))

Craig answered with almost no hesitation, remembering (Although late, because I haven't been here due to this abomination they call -school-) as if he saw the blade just yesterday. "It was a saber staff, burnt orange in color. She used it when I fought alongside her I believe." He finished, with absolute certainty in his tone.

((Ah, school...))

"Correct," the image said simply. Turning back to Roma, it said, "And we'll be wanting a little more out of you later."

The image faded and a sort of railing came up, surrounding the group. The floor seemed to drop and the lights faded. Nadira looked up.

"Look," she said. "We are going down. This is some sort of lift."

It lurched to a stop and they heard the sound of the railing sliding into the floor. Caitlin stepped off hesitantly.

"Stop!" she shouted, stumbling backward into Erica. "A hole... in the floor."

Erica helped her up and the three women took a step back from where Caitlin had nearly fallen...

"Thanks for the light," Nadira told Roma. They could vaguely see that there were other gaping holes in the floor, but there was room to either jump over them or go around them. When they got to the other side, it seemed that they had been led to a dead end.

Or was it?

A low rumbling noise sounded in the floor. Erica turned. "What was that?"

"I'm not much liking this," Caitlin whispered. A roar shook the room.

"Not good," Nadira muttered. In the dim light of Roma's flare, the group could see a gigantic beast push itself up through the floor. When all others were preparing for battle, Caitlin laughed.

"Don't bother attacking it," she shouted. "It's not real!"

"It looks real enough!" Nadira exclaimed. Caitlin shook her head.

"The floor," she explained. "When the beast came up, small charges went off to create the illusion that the beast had broken through." She took a several steps toward the beast and ignited her lightsaber. The beast seemed to be attracted by the light and took a swipe at her. Just as she'd expected, the claw passed right through her... or she passed right through the claw.

Seconds later, the beast vanished. "Good." Riebe's voice called out to them. The lights came up in the room, drowning out the light of Roma's flare.

"Another question for another location," the voice said. "Before being found by the Jedi after her long absence, Riebe lived on a planet now known to the galaxy as the Watchtower. What was its original name and why was it renamed?"

"Gerv," Caitlin said immediately. "It was once called Gerv. Riebe mentioned it in her sleep several times. I imagine it was renamed because the original name was forgotten."

((Curt, correct Caitlin on the reason for the renaming. The planet was renamed because of a station set up there to monitor the edge of the galaxy... and was put there by a rather paranoid and very wealthy being who suspected there were other galaxies out there and that one of them would eventually invade.))

"Very rich," the voice agreed. "Also very paranoid. Not only was he convinced that there are other galaxies out there, he was also convinced that one of them would try to invade."

"A question for Roma," the voice went on. "You seem to be the resident expert on Jokemaster... how long after Jokemaster's death was Riebe declared dead?"

((The answer would be two months... :) ))

Archived