Home

Twilight Princess DELAYED

Lightsaberboy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Twilight Princess.... could they not have come up with a more childish and girlier name?? It'll probably get shipped with Twilight Princess Barbie on her Twilight Princess Unicorn [/nauseated]

The horror!

Was really looking forward to this one. But if it will make it better, sure I'll wait. The bigger the better.

@ Astro: yeah but you're more worried about what people think of you than if the game will be fun ;)

Anywayz, I can't blame them for delaying it, if it'll make a bigger and better game, go ahead. Plus the latest screenshots released really show you WHY they want this delay, just look at the size of that town!!

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/imgs_1.html

It sucks that it's delayed, BUT I'm glad they are taking extra time to make it better.

I wish all gaming companys would do that.

but saying a game has been delayed to "make it better" is like a politician saying he needs to "spend more time with his family". It usually means "we have had a few major problems here and need to try and figure out how to fix them".

I can't think of that many "delayed to make it better" games that have been that good.... its often a case of trying to salvage a mess. (Though OF COURSE there are some exceptions to this).

I can't see Nintendo delaying a game by that much just for "tweaking", especially as it means they ahve almost nothing on the horizon for the whole year, nothing to counter the 360 with and are going to miss the whole Xmas period.

I'm sure it will be a great game by the time they finally let it out (they wouldn't risk a bad zelda game devaluing the franchise), but whether it will still matter by the time it comes out is another matter. Might make more sense to shift it to being a revolution launch title.

[edit] still, at least we'll have Geist to keep us entertained on our GCN until Zelda comes out, after all they have been making that "better" for months now.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/914965.asp ;)

There is a quote from Shigeru Miyamoto I would insert here if I could remember it which involved delaying games and making them better, yada yada... Nintendo has always delayed its games if they felt it needed to be better, it's happened to plenty of their titles and will continue to happen if they feel they really do need to make it better.

One of the few instances when Nintendo could not delay a game any further was The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and that was a bad choice on Nintendo's part because they had to cut short some dungeons, etc. While TWW was a great game, I, as well as a lot of people felt that the game wasn't as good because of what NOT delaying it did to it.

I don't care what the "real" reason is, I just wanta kickass game. And I repeat, tis NOT going to be a Revolution game, the graphics would have to be COMPLETELY redone to fit a more powerful platform and like I said, Nintendo has already announced a seperate Zelda Revolution title.

This will probably hurt Nintendo pretty bad. By the time Z:TP comes out the Xbox360 will be out and there won't be any major releases for the GCN for the holiday. Lots of people were going to be trading in their 'cubes by then anyway, now there'll be more. I'm thinking about it myself.

I think the smarter thing to do would be to wait awhile before you get a 360, I'm not saying this for any reason but because Microsoft is actually coming EARLY and it's best to wait until prices are at a more affordable level.

But in the case of Twilight Princess, I would say that the people who would get a 360 would most likely not be the people to get TP in the first place so it really doesn't make a difference ;)

Woah... I wasn't expecting that. The game had already been pushed from a june 2005 release. It look like Nintendo has leaned from it's mistakes with TWW, where it still needed some polish when it was released. The new screens really look promising though, all the stuff we were fed was really old, before E3 old.

@ Astro: yeah but you're more worried about what people think of you than if the game will be fun ;)

I never get worried Lynk, especially when it comes to anything with the word "Princess" in it. The only reason Im not sacrficing my POS gamecube to Satan is because of "The New Zelda Game"(thats what Im callin it)... so, I too share the hopes and aspiration of you zelda zealots :p

mtfbwya

Twilight Princess.... could they not have come up with a more childish and girlier name?? It'll probably get shipped with Twilight Princess Barbie on her Twilight Princess Unicorn [/nauseated]

mtfbwya

Uh oh, I smell fanboy come in for attack.

Seriously dude, noone cares you're a "peak of masculinity".:rolleyes:

mtfbwya

Twilight Princess...Astrotoy....Twilight Princess...Astrotoy...

I don't see a difference. :p

The new screens are bloody awesome, I love those two shots of "Hyrule Market" which is just SO full of people. It's no wonder they want to delay the game seeing as it could be bigger than any of us realise. All those people, all that dialogue, all the many things you could do in the game. If this is a GameCube game (which it is, don't think otherwise) than I'd LOVE to see what Nintendo come up with for Zelda Revolution.

I'm guessin that TP will be released mid 2006 at the latest.

Zelda no Denetsu: Tasogare no Hime - Japanese title, just so you know XD

Archived