Home

Exclusive Star Wars Battlefront II Screenshots...

Aristotle

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder what the weapon is, that the droid is holding in the first pic. I don't recognize it.

It is the Blaster Rifle used by Standard Battle Droids in SWBF I... (To see it, just play on Naboo, in Historical Campaign mode)

Droids don't need air, and clone troopers can use extra equipment for air.

And for heat ! Polis Massa's atmosphere is cold, as in Space...

hmmm, I think this is a huge ask. A game that combines TPS/FPS, space combat and jedi capabilities is just too ambitious if you ask me... maybe possible for the next gen consoles, but current platforms/PCs ??

If only LA got off their can and make a decent space combat game in the tradition of X-Wing Alliance and its predecessors. The Rogue Squadron games were fun and did look awesome, but just lacked that depth that XWA etc had.

Still, I want to play BFII just to get to run around on an alderaanian blockade runner! I love those ships :)

mtfbwya

I think the vapor trails are there to show that the craft is using it's speed boost. Yes, it's very unrealistic, but there aren't a whole lot of other options (though a blur effect like the speeder bike's would work nicely instead).

Such an effect would become quickly tiring for eyes...

If it's anything like the Jump to Lightspeed expansion for SWG, the vapor trails are an optical effect added in to give the illusion of traveling at high speeds, while in actuality the fighters are just creeping along at a turtles pace inside a small sized map made for FPS style gameplay & not for a true space/flight sim where the crafts can travel at more realistic speeds without running out of room.

Listen to you guys waisting your life with video games and talking about how many yellow stripes some droid has, stop waisting your life, how is this getting you anywhere. For me, i like playing a few games occasinally, but i don't study the games, and know more about what kind of weapon droid number A3261 had in episode 4 than the creator of the series did. Anyways thought you would like to know my view.

Listen to you guys waisting your life with video games and talking about how many yellow stripes some droid has, stop waisting your life, how is this getting you anywhere. For me, i like playing a few games occasinally, but i don't study the games, and know more about what kind of weapon droid number A3261 had in episode 4 than the creator of the series did. Anyways thought you would like to know my view.

This is no place for you to lecture us on how we should be spending our lives. It's summer vacation FFS (at least where I live), so I think if people want to discuss what color or weapon a droid is supposed to have then they should be able to do so without someone on their high horse telling them to go get a life.

Now please, use the internet for good, not evil.

It's not a waste if that's what we enjoy doing. My parents are always telling me that I wasted my summer sitting around playing video games and talking on this forum, but since its what I like to do, it's not a waste.

Archived