Home

Glitches?

Uhhh...was it just the copy I rented from Blockbuster or has anyone else had trouble with odd glitches in this game?

Problems I've had.

* It freezes if I accidentally jump on one of the villains in the Meat Circus.

* I have had problems with characters getting stuck IN objects...or...uhhh...I guess it's the other way around when using TK. (Once when Crullers teaching him how, I accidentally stuck a trash can inside Ford, and durring the bull fight, Raz somehow ended up with one of the pens stuck in him...but...apparently didn't notice it.)

* In the clip

right after Raz frees Lili

All of the voices got knocked off by a few seconds. (The characters mouths weren't moving to the dialogue.

* In the last video all of the characters voices were full of static and were very hard to make out. (I had to move closer towards the TV to hear what they were saying.)

I got stuck in those thorn plants in the Brain Tumbler experiment. Y'know, the ones that hiss and move push you back out...well, it didn't.

When I tried walking up the stairs to the second elevator that brings you to Laboto's lab, Raz just completely froze in the middle of it.

Yes, my copy is also for ps2

I once got stuck on the PC version. probably just my stupidity, but in trying to get a psi-card on my way up the asylum, I sort of had to jump across a huge cavern and float the rest of the way. Only problem was, once I got to the other side, I just sort of hung there, let go of float, but the floating ball was still there and I couldn't move, it wsa like i was stuck on something, had to quit and start again from a save. Needless to say, it didn't happen again (and I got the psi-card) but it was weird.

I have the PS2 version and I just beat the game with minimal glitches. I found it to be a great game. I'm willing to overlook a few minor glitches for the chance to play it. I would never be able to afford an Xbox or better PC on my current income, and graphics don't really mean that much to me.

I have the PS2 version and I just beat the game with minimal glitches. I found it to be a great game. I'm willing to overlook a few minor glitches for the chance to play it. I would never be able to afford an Xbox or better PC on my current income, and graphics don't really mean that much to me.

Yea...I'm not complaining too much...Psychonauts is excellent with the autosave so that starting over isn't that big of a deal anyway. I just thought the glitches were...odd. And the static in the last video did really bum me out.

My PS2 version was full of Glitches. The lipsinc was off in several cinematics, the game froze in several spots. (Including one spot in the meat circus that took me several hours to get to. GRRR) and in the reception area raz got stuck behind a bush.

Lol...stupid bushes.

Yea...my game froze in the Meat circus right after I FINALLY got through that first part with little Olly. I had to do it again...I wasn't happy.

I never got stuck in any bushes, but a bull pin did stick in Raz...and I accidentally stuck a trashcan in Ford Cruller.

(spoilers) I play on XBOX and have noticed a few glitches such as you describe--getting stuck in places in the game and having a hard time getting unstuck. The major glitch I found in my game was on my second runthrough--somehow, when I had started sasha's shooting gallery, the game got stuck where I couldn't boost the level of censors produced. I tried every trick in the book to unlock the machine that allows you to boost up the censor level (to 6+) (punching the machine and Sasha in frustration, was fun, btw). Anyway, I went about psi blasting the censors with total boredom on level one until the game gave me a message that I had killed all the censors possible at this level and told me to boost the level; at this point, the censor cranker stopped producing new censors. When I tried to talk to Sasha, he just told me to stop fooling around and go "blast him" (there was nobody to blast! This is where I got mad and punched Sasha a few times). This was frustrating. I stopped, went out and came back in, with no different results. This glitch was weird--the only way I could resolve it was to start the game over entirely. I'm not sure what I did that produced the glitch, but on my third runthrough, it went as expected. The only thing I figured I might have done to cause it was maybe getting further along in rank (by collecting psi cards, arrowheads, etc.) than I was supposed to be at this level of the game.

Archived