Home

Announcement: Official EaW Q&A with Lucasarts

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Empireatwar.net are proud to announce the first Official Q&A about Empire At War with Lucasarts and also the new Producer for the game. In our normal way, we are giving you the chance to ask your questions. The best ones will be selected.

Please put some thought into it. The Q&A will be posted on our website together with EXCLUSIVE SCREENSHOTS and of course, the new look launch shortly

DMUK

I'd kind of like to expand on Darth Andrew's question of Hyperspace lanes:

Are fleets restricted to using hyperspace lanes, or can they position themselves off in "free space" with a cost of speed.

So far the battle camera (the one that follows various units around the battlefield) seems random. Will there be anyway to have a little more control over it?

We know that there is enviorment interaction in space combat. (i.e. asteroids and the like) What kind and how much, if any, interaction with the enviorment will there be on the surface of planets?

Can you blockade a planet without attacking the surface?

As far as the campaign map works, is there a capital for your faction?

And the one question that will inevitiably be asked: Screenshots indicate the Death Star can be attacked, how will this work? Are you allowed to have direct control over the units? Or is it more of a cinematic and more or less based on chance?

These questions are proberly the most basic which most people want to know

How many planets/systems will we be able to attack and are they all named from the Star Wars films and EU?

How many units will there be in the game?

Will we be able to capture enemy units? i.e can we board an enemy star destroyer?

Will all planets have set maps or is there a random map generator (for both SP and MP)?

and if they answer yes to set maps, How many will there be?

Why were the Galactic Republic and Confederacy not included in Empire at War? As the current is on the Prequels and the end of the Clone Wars / Beginning of the Empire, are there any plans for an expansion to include these other two factions?

I'm betting that if this question was selected, they will give a very generic answer or something that really doesn't explain why like; "We thought that the original trilogy hasn't had enough focus in games blah blah blah"

Will all planets have set maps or is there a random map generator (for both SP and MP)?

and if they answer yes to set maps, How many will there be?

I think this one will be unneccessary to ask, since if you want a base on the planet, you will need to build them when there is no combat going on. That means I guess static maps.

This is not going to be C&C style RTS, but more similar to Rebellion RTS, where with alot of deadtime where building structures, ships, and training troops will take up most of your time, aswell as moving them around in the galaxy.

@ DarthMaulUK: When Is this interview actually going to happen?

@ Jan Gaarni: Although this guess is educated

I think this one will be unneccessary to ask, since if you want a base on the planet, you will need to build them when there is no combat going on. That means I guess static maps.

it is still a Guess, Also you may notice that my question refers to multiplayer games as well and you appear to be looking at it from a purely campaign POV.

Anyway back on topic i have another Question.

Will there be Native units or planet specific units. For example if you go to Tatooine will you get units that ride Dewbacks that you can't use where dewbacks are not native Or if you go to Endor will the Ewoks Attack the empire as either an AI empire or under the Rebel players control?

Since Luke will need to be trained to jedi by most likely Obi-Wan or Yoda, will it also be possible to train other force sensitives such as Leia or Kyle Katarn in the ways of the Jedi?

As Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn being pretty much confirmed heros, they both often find themselves switching between Light and Darkside, so will it be possible to have Mara come to the light side or Katarn to the dark? Same question for Luke Skywalker?

What Star Wars music do you have planned to be prominent in the game?

Since Luke will need to be trained to jedi by most likely Obi-Wan or Yoda, will it also be possible to train other force sensitives such as Leia or Kyle Katarn in the ways of the Jedi?

As Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn being pretty much confirmed heros, they both often find themselves switching between Light and Darkside, so will it be possible to have Mara come to the light side or Katarn to the dark? Same question for Luke Skywalker?

:confused: ...........

Ummm.... ....yeah. What are you talking about? When have Kyle and Mara ever been mentioned......

:confused: ...........

Ummm.... ....yeah. What are you talking about? When have Kyle and Mara ever been mentioned......

at the liepzig game convention this past weekend. There are now pics of Kyle up (including han and chewie) and some other heros were mentioned, including Boba (Who's Slave 1 apears in pictures), Mara Jade, and Veers.

at the liepzig game convention this past weekend. There are now pics of Kyle up (including han and chewie) and some other heros were mentioned, including Boba (Who's Slave 1 apears in pictures), Mara Jade, and Veers.

This sounds cool.

Do you have a link to these pics.

How will shield generators (on the ground) behave? Will they be realistic or the same way previous SW RTS have done it..

The've already shown this, They are realsitic nothing can get inside the shield, but the shield generator must be placed outside the shield radius leaving it vurnerable.

Archived