Home

Man, this is awesome.

darthleonitus

• 2 weeks later...
welcome.... err to the forums i guess good to have u along.. oh and star wars galaxies IS great!

Hey you're right there. That's what everyone else is saying about Star Wars Galaxies: Online. After they fix all the bugs with the next publish to be released it should be even better. ;)

darthleonitus

welcome leonitus to the galaxies experience and lol about those bugs with every publish and expansion their going to have bugs and updates so get use to downloading stuff about once a week or so. i remember back in the days of the third publish on galaxies an empire divided before jtl that is... there was updates almost every other day but if you have any questions feel free to ask anyone and yes this game is awesome... so awesome the wookie once known as mullet will be returning so if your going to be on the same server... watch out for the new sith apprentices coming soon.... mullet and tinytanks.... may the force be with you younglings... cause nothing will stop us from becoming the new emperors of the galaxy!!!!!!!!!! :vsd:

"DIE REBEL SCUM!!!!"

welcome leonitus to the galaxies experience and lol about those bugs with every publish and expansion their going to have bugs and updates so get use to downloading stuff about once a week or so. i remember back in the days of the third publish on galaxies an empire divided before jtl that is... there was updates almost every other day but if you have any questions feel free to ask anyone and yes this game is awesome... so awesome the wookie once known as mullet will be returning so if your going to be on the same server... watch out for the new sith apprentices coming soon.... mullet and tinytanks.... may the force be with you younglings... cause nothing will stop us from becoming the new emperors of the galaxy!!!!!!!!!! :vsd:

"DIE REBEL SCUM!!!!"

Thanks darth mullet. I can't wait till I log onto Star Wars Galaxies: Online. I'm about to purchase the game sometime in September. ;)

darthleonitus

i hate not having broadband.

When I was a teenager with my old Pentium 1, 16 mb ddram, I only had a 28.8 kbps analog modem. Now I am a 24 year old grown man and I have Road Runner High Speed Internet. I, also, have a Pentium 4 3.0 ghz and 1 gigabyte of ddram and it sure is fast! ;)

darthleonitus

i used to have 14.4 on a 486 back when i started about 2 years before my reg date. aol has improved alot since then. pentium 4 2.80ghz 512mb ddram....i was on prolog express for the longest time....i never realised how lonely real life is til i moved. even with an extra job to make up for the boredom. =\

I started out with ISDN 56kbps in -98, with a crappy comp, no grafics card. Bought a FPS game, I forget it's name, and played that for awhile. But on one mission I got more and more pissed off cause I wasn't able to complete it. It was on a timer and no matter what I did, I didn't seem to be able to do it in time (was to blow up a convoy). Finally I saved up some money and went out and bought me one of those grafics card addon cards, you know, those where you had your original video cards and then connected the grafics card in between that and the screen?

Anyway, fired up the game again and completed the mission on the first try. :D

Seemed to speed up the game significantly so I was able to reach the road in time. ;)

Today I have cable connection (actually downgraded when I moved from 1G to 765mb connection, but doing fine though) and an awesome comp. Forgot if it was AMD or Pentium now, my last one was definatly AMD. 1.5G RAM, 3 GHz, Radeon x600, and my old Creative Labs Audigy 2, THX certified grafics card.

i used to have 14.4 on a 486 back when i started about 2 years before my reg date. aol has improved alot since then. pentium 4 2.80ghz 512mb ddram....i was on prolog express for the longest time....i never realised how lonely real life is til i moved. even with an extra job to make up for the boredom. =\

Don't be so pessimistic Rogue15. Real life doesn't have to be lonely. You can still find the time to speak to people. Like what everyone has been doing on this forum. The world isn't that bleek. Laterz...

darthleonitus

I started out with ISDN 56kbps in -98, with a crappy comp, no grafics card. Bought a FPS game, I forget it's name, and played that for awhile. But on one mission I got more and more pissed off cause I wasn't able to complete it. It was on a timer and no matter what I did, I didn't seem to be able to do it in time (was to blow up a convoy). Finally I saved up some money and went out and bought me one of those grafics card addon cards, you know, those where you had your original video cards and then connected the grafics card in between that and the screen?

Anyway, fired up the game again and completed the mission on the first try. :D

Seemed to speed up the game significantly so I was able to reach the road in time. ;)

Today I have cable connection (actually downgraded when I moved from 1G to 765mb connection, but doing fine though) and an awesome comp. Forgot if it was AMD or Pentium now, my last one was definatly AMD. 1.5G RAM, 3 GHz, Radeon x600, and my old Creative Labs Audigy 2, THX certified grafics card.

Yes, that definitely sounds like a downgrade from a 1 gigabyte connection. You also have a very nice computer rig. I don't want to go in depth on my System hardware but I will say this: I do have a THX certified graphics card. I have an 'Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT Over-Clocked' graphics card with 256 MB of ddram from the graphics accelerator itself. I, also, notice that having a really good graphics accelerator does make your games on your p.c. run a lot faster. For instance, if anyone sees me on Battle.net (the free game network from Blizzard entertainment), my account name is 'capitn_maverick.' If you see me then ask me for a match up for Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos or Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. When War3 initializes and we're both in game... you'll never know what hit ya! ;)

darthleonitus

(I'm assuming you made a typo there, so ...)

No offence was taken, it didn't even enter my mind it could be taken as such. I was merly pointing out that I don't notice too much change the way I thought I would. :)

I originally went down to this level to try it, cause I'm paying the whole bill myself now.

Turns out it works out fine. ;)

So I will probably keep it at this level, atleast till after New Years. The Government feels the price is too high on internet service, the ISP is making too much money off customers, so the prices will drop after New Years. :D

Archived