Home

Godmode War III: Secrets of the Game

Writer

Sequel to 'After the Game Ends':

It has been a year since the previous story. JACK and TARA are married and are busy once more at making a game that's completely safe and entirely impossible to hack or modify. This time, they have the help of TROEZEN, who made the decision to stay in New York to aid them in the recreation of the new Game.

TRENT has resigned from the FBI, but not before seeing to the release of ADAM. Together, they are working on putting Jack and Tara out of business by revealing their own Game. Adam still has a burning desire to see Jack and Tara dead, but he understands that he must be patient.

((If any of you have any further information about what your characters have been doing, feel free to add it in your first post. JM, you had a character in this at one point... feel free to jump back in. :) ))

My Characters:

Jack Robeson

Height: 6 ft

Weight: 190 lb

Hair: short, dark brown

Eyes: blue

Extra: The creator of the original Game, Jack is interested in getting it back to what it was originally intended to be.

Tara Lake Robeson

Height 5 ft, 4 in

Weight 123 lb

Hair: shoulder length, dark red

Eyes: pale blue-green

Extra: Known as the Swordmaster in the original Game, Tara is just as interested in getting the original purpose of the Game back as her husband is.

"Rise and shine," Jack whispered. Tara moaned and rolled over in bed. Jack laughed quietly to himself and gently shook his wife. "If you don't wake up now, Troezen's gonna get to work before we do."

"Let him stand and wait for us," Tara muttered, burying her head under her pillow. To make the building that housed the Game more secure, Jack and Tara were the only ones to have keys to it. If they didn't get there first, he'd have to wait.

"Do you want me to be rough?" Jack laughed. Without waiting for an answer, he picked her up and stood her on her feet. With a noise that was a mixture of a growl, a moan, and a laugh, Tara leaned on Jack. When he took a step back and she felt herself becoming a victim of gravity, her eyes snapped open and she took a step forward.

"Jerk," she muttered, rubbing her eyes and staring at Jack. He chuckled.

"Go on," he said. "Take a shower... I'll make breakfast."

Tara obediently shuffled toward the bathroom. She was most decidedly not a morning person, Jack concluded.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((nice start. Also, if there is anyone new who wants to join, but wasnt in the other threads, feel free to join. Also, for the record, I'm 'head' threadmaster and WJ is now also a threadmaster.))

my chars:

Troezen

sex: male

Apperance: About 5"2. Short, dark brown hair.

Extra: he is an expert computer hacker and is helping Tara and Jack with their new version of the game. He was one of the first into the original game. He is originally from England, but has stayed in New York to help with the game.

--------

((Heh! I just realised that I never game adam a lastname ... I'll work it in.))

Adam

sex: male

apperance: 6" tall and had long blond hair, which he had tied into a neat poney tail.

Extra: he worked with Tara and Jack on the original game, but he took over and changed the game into a 'godmode war' as he liked to call it. He loved Tara, but when she confessed her love for Jack, he started his personal vendetta against both of them. He only calls himself Adam, with no last name so that it is harder to track him down.

--------------------------

Troezen walked to the building and tried to open the door: It was locked. "Typical!" he muttered to himself. He stood for a moment waiting, looking at the building - it was just a normal office block. It blended in perfectly with the New York surroundings. No one would guess that it was where the new version of the Vertual Reality game was being produced.

Troezen was wearing black jeans and a black sleavless top. It had a small golden chinese dragon on it and a long flowing leather jacket. It was what he had been wearing in the game, but those were just vertual, these were real. He never came to work over smart, he couldnt be bothered, he was that sort of guy. Tara and Jack couldnt fire him - they needed him.

He looked at his watch. He was ten minutes late, so where were Tara and Jack? It was like them to be late though. Troezen sighed and walked off, he had at least an hour to kill.

He walked into a cafe across the street and sat, watching the doors of the building, drinking a coffee.

-----------------------

Adam was sitting at a computer typing away. He had been there all night. He was wearing a black shirt and black suit trousers. The shirt had the top few buttons undone and the sleeves were rolled up to Adam's elbows.

Adam sipped some of his coffee and kept typing. He wanted to catch up with the 'opposition' as he called them. He didnt want to remind himself that he had once been madly in love with one of them and tried to kill the rest.

He was finishing off the main frame of the game, on which they would put all the extras on top. Adam had actually finished the main frame a few days before, but he wanted to add his special touch. These were actually back doors and traps that he didnt want any one else to know about.

He had been forced into working with Trent on this game. He would have been killed otherwise and he had a plan to finish first. When the first game was shut down, they thought that they had finished him, but the game was only the first step - he had much more up his sleeves, but he was back to square one, he had to start all over again!

When Trent and Adam had partnered up, Adam had seen potential to finish his plan, but he wondered now if it was really what he had expected. Trent had been expecting all of his tricks, now he had to be sneaky. Whilst they both wanted to bring down Tara and Jack (Troezen too, but only because he was in the wrong place in the wrong time), Adam wanted to bring down Trent too.

Adam kept typing. It would only be about an hour before anyone was due, but some of the programmers liked to come in early. Adam had locked his office door, but the knocks would soon come and then Trent would be keen to see what he had done. Adam had to disguise his secretes quickly.

((sorry if there is some char control in there with Trent.))

Half an hour after Tara went to the shower, she came into the kitchen. Jack was just finishing up with making eggs and bacon and spooned some onto a plate for Tara. She thanked him with a kiss on the cheek and sat down at the table. Jack dished up his own food and sat down opposite Tara.

"Betcha Troezen's already there," he told her. Her eyes were still half closed and she shrugged.

"He can wait... same as normal," she answered. Jack laughed.

"Maybe we should give him a key, then," he said. Tara's eyes shot open and she shook her head immediately.

"You carry one of the two keys," she objected. "The other is hidden safely away. This way, there isn't quite the risk of a break-in."

Jack chuckled and continued eating. When he was done, he slipped into the bathroom and took a quick shower. When he emerged, Tara had the TV on and was watching the news.

"Turn that off," he said. "Time to go to work."

Tara nodded and flipped the TV off. Jack and Tara walked out to the car together and drove to the building that housed the new game. As they pulled into the parking lot behind the building, Tara laughed.

"Troezen's here alright," she said. "Betcha he's at the cafe across the street."

"I'm not even betting," Jack answered. He handed her the key to the building. "I'll go get him... you get everything going."

They got out of the car and Jack crossed the street. He spotted Troezen almost immediately and walked over to him.

"G'mornin, Troezen," he said. "How's the coffee?"

"not as strong as yours apparently" Troezen joked. "Should I start giving you guys wake up calls, or do you not care?" he asked. "It's your game and I seem to care more than you."

Troezen picked up the remains of his second cup of coffee and walked out of the cafe. He was getting used to this, every morning. "I should really have a key, you know. I'd get a lot more work done on it. And bofore you say anything, I'm not going to brake into the office and I wont give the key to anyone. It'll be totally safe!"

Troezen walked into the newly unlocked door and went into the building. He ran up to Tara. "How are you today? you obviously slept well I presume? Or are you just lazy to get to your own company?" Troezen joked with a smile, some of the laughter in his voice came out, but not as much as he was holding back.

((We'll be glad to have you, JM! :) ))

Jack grinned at Troezen's comment about the coffee and laughed about the 'wake up call'. When Troezen mentioned the key, Jack's smile left his face, but the smile returned with Troezen's next words. As Troezen crossed the street to their workplace, he shook his head.

"It's not that I don't trust you," he muttered to himself. "But what if you're attacked?"

When Troezen found her, Tara was working on booting up the computers that held what they had managed to put together and she turned with a smile to greet him with a hug.

"Yes, I slept well," she said. "And though we may not get here when you do in the morning, we certainly leave after you do, so I think we're even."

"How come the workstations?" Jack asked, entering the room. Tara smiled.

"Almost up," she answered. "Give them another minute or so and then we can get started for the day."

Tara glanced over into one corner of the room. It was there that they had set up the headset and alcove for the Game and it was there that they tested what they'd done thus far. It excited Tara to see how far they'd really come.

Name: Unknown

Alias: Jokemaster

Height 5 ft, 9 in

Weight 60 KG

Hair: Brown, short, well kept.

Eyes: Bright blue

Extra: Known as jokemaster, he mysteriously disappeared in the last chapters, but always seems to reappear agian

======

Jokemaster waited at the same coffee shop Troezen had been in. He saw them greet each other and go in. He ordered another coffee, and something to eat. Finally he stood up, confidently strolled across the street, and knocked on the door.

"C'mon Tara, Jack,Troezen I know you're in there, I'd like to help

Jack jumped at the knocking on the door and Tara slipped into the office, slamming the door behind her. Jack approached the door cautiously and used a peephole to see who was on the other side. His eyes widened immediately when he recognized Jokemaster. As quickly as he could, he opened the door.

"Never thought I'd see you again," he said. "Please. Come in." He shut the door behind Jokemaster and turned toward the closed office door. "It's ok, Tara. It's Jokemaster."

"Oh," Tara muttered, coming out of the office. She flashed a smile in Jokemaster's direction. "Nice to see you again." She went back to work.

Jokemaster walked in.

"What? That it. Y'know because of the last time you guys did your little experiment, I ended up being missing for 5 months, and my family had me declared dead. So I found myself jobless, family-less, only the 5,000 bucks I found scattered around the building you guys and Trent left me in, so I decided, you guys owe me a job, doesn't have to be something big, I'll help you program, set the machines up, etc. and you pay me, feed me, and all that.

Jack stared at Jokemaster as he told his story and then nodded slowly. "I'd have you fill out an application, but we don't have any. If you want to give us information about yourself, feel free... in fact, I'm not entirely sure banks would accept checks written to 'Jokemaster'."

"You're right, though," Tara said. "We do owe you a job. Welcome to the team."

"Yes, Troezen's here too," Jack answered. Tara glanced at the nearest computer and her face brightened.

"We're rolling!" she exclaimed. "Jack, Troezen, on the computers, please. Jokemaster, you can take mine for now... I'm going to put on the headset and see what y'all are doing."

She ran to the corner where the headset and alcove were as Jack went to his workstation.

The men were looking at the basic structural code of the game. Since Jack, Tara, and Troezen had already been working on the program for a year, they were just beginning to create the realistic details of the game. Even so, when Tara put on the headset and went into what they called "Game Sleep", she saw mostly gray... The earth under her feet was a darker gray than the sky above her head. Here and there, she could see bits of color.

"I see a tree," she said. The men saw her words as text in a small window on their screens. "The coloring of the leaves could use a little touch-up. Jokemaster, why don't you work on that? Jack, I also see a single window in what I can only assume is a building directly ahead of me."

"It is," Jack said into the microphone on his desk. Tara heard the words not with her ears, but in her head. She smiled slightly as she thought this was something like conscience.

"Get to work on the window," Tara told Jack. "Its form is here, but it's all gray, just like nearly everything else." She looked around. "Troezen, you've been working on grass, right? There's a hill, about thirty yards to my left that has... well, sort of has grass on it. The grass is more like a neon green at this point. Sending you a picture."

She took a "screenshot" and it popped up on Troezen's screen, followed by the words, "Sort of an eyesore yet, isn't it? See what you can do to darken it and add more of a variety of colors."

Tara saw what Jokemaster had done to the tree and laughed. She took a screenshot and sent it to Jack. He also laughed and sent it on to Troezen. Then, he sent another to Jokemaster, along with the words, "Well, we are married now, but that might have been something we'd have done back when we were dating. It stays."

Meanwhile, Tara told Jokemaster, "The coloring of the tree is perfect. Great work! Ask Jack what you should work on next."

Then, she saw that Jack had made the finishing touches to the window and nodded. She took a screenshot of it and sent it to Jack. "Nice window, there. Now if only there was something on the other side to see."

"I know, I know," Jack muttered. "But we've been forced to start from scratch here... for security reasons. There will be something to see."

"Well, let's see," Jack said. "We're trying to work out from Tara's position. As we continue to texture out from there, she'll keep moving out. So for now, I guess find any trees within Tara's sight distance." He brought up a mini image of what Tara could see and rotated around it. Then, he sent a series of screenshots to Jokemaster.

"Since the sky is a lighter gray, you should be able to tell where the trees are," he said.

Jokemaster began doing the job, but quickly grew frustrated with having to go back to areas he believed he was done with after from another angle spotting some trees. Finally he switched the sky to a bright violet, which contrasted nicely with the unfinished trees, allowing him to more efficiently finish his work

"Oh, wow..." Tara breathed, snapping her eyes shut just after Jokemaster altered the sky color. "You could have given me a warning."

"Hold up," Jack announced. "Work stops for a bit now. Safety inspector's here."

"G'mornin, Mr. Robeson," the inspector announced walking through the door. "Please have your wife disconnect herself from this crazy contraption you're making."

Tara did as she was told and the inspector turned to Troezen. "Still dressing oddly, I see, but I suppose your project supports that sort of thing." And finally, he stared at Jokemaster. "And who's this? I've not seen you around here before."

Archived