Home

Godmode War III: Secrets of the Game

Writer

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm pretty good" Trent stood up "but i check on you, because i really don't trust you" Trent winked and started to walk away "oh and by the way, i've got some of my old friends coming down, they'll definatly help you speed up the process, best computer genuises ive ever known." Trent walked out and up a few levels to where his 'office' was. He got in and turned all the security cameras on, plus his most recent one which he had jsut installed in Adam's room.

"Now lets see what you're up to."

((sorry, i forgot she was in the game.))

"Jack," Troezen said quietly in the office. "Do you really trust Jokey? I know we owe him and everything, but hes gone into all of it very fast. And I thought that this was supposed to be a relitavly secret operation. How did he find us?"

Troezen sat down on top of the desk. "Maybe im just being paranoid, just after the adam fiasco, don;t let it happen again."

((JM, you didnt hear any of that, so you think that everyone trusts him.))

---------

Adam kept typing. He was legit during the day, so if anyone suddenly came in or if someone was watching him, no one would know the difference.

He looked at what he had done and he was happy with it. He would now put this to the programmers to finish off perfectly over the next day or so and he would start on the layout of the game.

He stood up and walked to the office door. He opened it and walked towards the programmers section of the building.

He looked over them, and suddenly he saw one that looked interesting. He looked over thier shoulders and looked at the screen. He was silent and the programmer didnt know he was there.

"What's this?!" adam asked angrily. "An email? From Troezen?" He grabbed the programmer by the arm and pulled him out of his seet. The programmer backed against the small wall around his desk.

adam read the email and laughed. "So you're a mole then are you?" he said. "That's interesting."

Adam replyed to the email giving false things about what to do and how to do them.

"Now that's sent, I'm taking you to Trent and we'll see what to do with you." He pulled him by the arm towards the stairs. "And you," he said pointing to anyother progtammer, "finish of these." He said thowing the disk with the programe he was just working on.

He knocked hard on Trent's office door.

Jack nodded at Troezen's concerns. "Believe me... I'm watching him carefully. As to how he found us... I have no idea, but I'll ask about it in casual conversation sometime... we have to be patient."

They returned to work and Jack smiled at Jokemaster's suggestion of a bright red night sky.

"Not so bright that it blinds you," he cautioned. Suddenly, he grinned and began typing. In a few minutes, while Tara was walking around, she heard two voices. Frowning, she moved in the direction of the voices. Two beings that looked somewhat like Jack and Tara were standing and talking together. They turned to face her.

"Greetings," the Jack-like being said. "I am King Jack of the Alien planet Goober. And this is my wife, Queen Tara."

"I'm Tara Robeson," Tara said. Queen Tara smiled.

"Oh, that's nice," she said. "We share the same name!"

"Only I'm not a Queen," Tara answered. King Jack disagreed.

"Surely you must be queen of something..." he said.

"Or perhaps she's a princess," Queen Tara murmured.

"If you'll excuse me..." Tara said. "I'm just looking around..."

"Oh, we'll look with you," King Jack said happily. Queen Tara agreed instantly.

"Oh, yes! We've been dying for something new to do!" she exclaimed. Tara sighed. "JR..." knowing she couldn't call her husband Jack when there was a King Jack standing so close. "Get me out."

"You can do it," Jack told her. "I'm in the process of programming the game menu..." a small device appeared on Tara's belt. She pulled it off her belt and the King and Queen of Goober stared at it curiously. Tara saw that there was only one option on the menu yet... quit. She pressed it and was released from the game.

"Well the quit works," she said, pulling the headset off. "A warning, Jack... everybody's gonna want to kill King Jack and Queen Tara of Goober when they play this part of the game."

"Why's that?" Jack wondered.

"They're annoying!" Tara exclaimed. Jack grinned and pushed his chair back so Tara could see his computer screen. King and Queen of Goober were crying out for Tara and running around trying to find her.

"Aren't they cute?" Jack teased. Tara laughed and shook her head.

"You're such a kid," she told him. With that, she went to the office.

"Good," Jack answered. "By the way, King and Queen of Goober are going to stay in... and they'll only get more annoying as time goes on. I'm thinking the point of this part of the game will be to overthrow their kingdom. People can pick sides... either with or against the Gooberians... what do you think?"

Troezen nodded to the idea of the king and queen. "Like I said before, it's an easter egg. What if they have to find a tiny, camoflauged button on a wall in the middle of nowhere?"

Troezen then heard a chime from his computer and ran over. He'd got a reply from his friend. "Hey guys, our mole's replied." Troezen sat down and read the email. "He says that if we go to the building now, he could get us in. We'd have to be quick though, he will only be able to help us during his lunch hour. This is going to be difficult. We've got about three hours to get to the building and its a bit of a way to go."

Troezen printed off the instructions and gave them to Jack. "Let's just you and me go, the less of us there are, the better. Do you know how to get there?"

((WJ, just make up a place or whatever.))

-----------

Adam walked into the office dragging the programmer behind him.

"Trent, we've got a mole in here. He's been talking to our friend Troezen about our game, he was telling them where we are in the process and how to stop us. Plus it gets better. It turns out that Tara and Jack have been making a new version of the original. Any ideas of what to do with this guy? I've already set a bait up for them to come here."

"Well then we'll be very very cautious," Jack answered. Tara frowned.

"Better not to go in just yet..." Tara said. "I think you should just go and look at the place. Then, later you can send our friendly inspector to slow them down."

"Sounds good to me," Jack said. "Troezen? Jokie? What do you guys think?"

"We'll go," Jack said. "But we're not going in... not yet."

He stood and moved for the door. "Troezen, remember, this is just an external glance at their building. We're not going in yet... I'm worried of a trap. And when somebody does get in, it won't be one of us... got it?"

"Good very good indeed, if we can somehow get them all to come here, actually no, if we can get Troezen and Jack to come, i go find where they are, kill Tara while you kill Jack and Troezen here, I like it alot. Him?" Trent took out his gun and shot him "thats what we do with moles."

"good idea" said Adam. "but one difference. I want Tara. This is personal."

-------

"Alright, let's go." Troezen said as he walked towards the exit. "Tara, Jokie, can hold the fort?" He looked out of the window. It was a bright day, he hoped it would stay bright, he doubted it would.

"Did you save Goober?" Tara asked with a smile. "If not, do that and then work on the real world game... anything that suits your fancy. Nearly everything needs texturing. I'm going to get back in when you go back to the real world. I'll be able to direct you better from inside."

Archived