Home

Godmode War III: Secrets of the Game

Writer

"i will kill here this time. It was different last time. I didnt go in to kill her, I went to get her back! I went to kill everyone else, you included i might add, so Tara's mine. Now, I'm glad that's sorted." He said before Trent had time to speak.

Adam opened the door. "I'll let you know when they're here." He said as he walked through and closed the door behind him.

-----------------

"When we get there, i'll go in and you drive around. I want you to work out if there is anything on the outside, I'll meet our guy and call you if i need you. Okay?"

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam walked to the security guard by the front door. "If a Troezen or anyone else says they are here to see Quentin Barnaby, let them in and afterwards tell me."

He then went around to his office and took out a small baretta and put it on the desk. He then put on his suit jacket and put the gun in his inside pocket.

He went back to typing the game.

Adam was typing. He had finished the small section he was working on. He wanted to try out the game. He checked the time, he still had enough time to do it.

He walked to the testing room and asked to see the product so far. He sat down and put on the headset.

The headset they had made was different to the original, it was smaller and weighed less, but it alowed a half vision: this meant that in the game, you could see what was going on in the real world, while still moving around in the game. It was Adam's idea and he was proud of it. Although he had not been able to do what he had wanted completely: the player could not move around, only talk so far. He wanted to be able to walk around the house and still play, it would be perfect for what he wanted to do to the game.

He put on the headset and loaded the game up in to his user name. He had already set up the settings for him: he looked like how he looked in real life, for this time.

He looked around and it took him by surprise. It reminded him of the second when the game turned off. Everything had vanished and a dark gray went on for ever in all directions. Although the emptyness under his feet felt solid.

"so is this all that we've got so far?" he said alowed.

The programmers could see and hear him talk on their moniters. One of them spoke down a microphone. "we are loading up the programe that you gave us earlier." adam could hear the words and see them infront of him.

"Good." he looked at his wrist, he had a small contraption. Trent had designed it. It was for the menu. He pressed a button and he went into half-view. He could see around him in the real world and could see all of the moniters and programmers, but he could also see all of the greyness of the game - he was amazed that the his brain could take it all in.

"Wow!" he said. He could hear it in the real world, it was an odd experiance.

He went back into normal view. He walked around for a little while just tio test the infinate distance. It was one of the only places in the game that all distances can be infinite.

Then he flipped open the top of the divice and found an exit button. He left the game. He took off the headset and let his eyes adjust to the light. "Well done. I want two levels finished by next week." He walked out of the room and went back to his office and sat waiting for the 'guests'.

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm not sure about this, Troezen," Jack said doubtfully. "If they're expecting somebody, you'll be caught. We can't afford to loose one of our only programmers."

He drove in silence for a moment. "I hope you'll take my advice. Don't go in. Let's simply go, see what the place looks like from the outside, and then send our friendly game inspector to check out the inside."

"Alright, I wont go in, I'll stay in the car with you, but what do you mean that you cant afford to loose a programmer? What about loosing a friend or any ally?"

------------------

Adam tapped into the security cameras, he wanted to know who was comming, he didnt always trust the security.

"no, i did mean me" said Troezen, "but the way you said it, i thought you didnt care." He looked out of the window. "alright, get ready."

---------

Adam saw on the cameras a car coming down the road. He could see Jason his security guard was looking at it, someone had told him about it. He hadnt told adam yet, but he had no need to, he would only tell adam if it they got out and if it was them.

Adam zoomed in on the camera, he couldnt quite make out the faces, but he was sure it was them. He kept waiting and watching.

((thought you might be interested to know that the after the game threads have been going for over a year. It started on 20th august last year, well done guys!))

"sure, go on ahead, but leave some for me." Adam said to Trent.

--------

Troezen looked at the building. "Subtle." he said looking at the security guards and giant offices.

So what do we do now? Our friend will be waiting for us."

Adam saw Trent drive off and knew that he was in control. He knew already about the other group and already had the infomation of their offices. He called them and waited until it was answered.

Before anyone could speak he said in a voice that sounded nothing like his normal voice. "Trent is coming, get ready!" he put the phone down. He had made sure long ago that the phone could not be traced.

((I know there was char control with answering the phone, but it suited my purpose. Argue if you must...))

Trent found the building they were in, it was very normal and not obtrusive, they were smart after all. He took out some gear from his belt and attached ice climbing spikes to his boots and started to climb, after a while it got easier because they were more window sills and whatnot to climb. He found an unlocked window, the looked in, it was an empty room, he opened the window and climbed through.

Tara laughed at Jokemaster's question. "Don't worry. We'll get you one as soon as we can."

The phone rang and Tara picked it up. A voice she didn't recognize said, "Trent is coming. Get ready!"

Tara frowned and shrugged. "Wierd." Then, she headed for the office.

((The door to the stairs would be locked... just so you know... Jack and Tara are that cautious. :) ))

Troezen sat in the car. He was looking around.

"This is pointless, we should be in there. Stay here and watch out, give me a ring if something goes wrong." Troezen checked his mobile phone was on silent and then got out the car.

----

Adam saw Troezen on the screen. "bingo!"

Trent went up to the door, and stuck a fibre optic cable underneath, no one in the hallway. He put the cable back and opened the door. He looked around for any cameras, none, good. Trent walked out and snuk down the hallway.

Now to find the floor they are on... Trent thought.

Adam ran down to the front door and ran to Troezen.

"Hello." Adam said, he gave Jack a wave. "Im not going to explain, if you want to get Trent go back to your office and get him."

"Why should we trust you?" said Troezen, shocked.

"Because you have no choice."

"I thought you wanted us dead?"

"But trent is higher on my killing list at the moment. So what do you say you two, team up and take out Trent? As they say, my enemy's enemy is my friend."

((WJ, ill let jack answer.))

"It sounds like a great deal," Jack said slowly. "But there's one problem. As soon as Trent is gone, we go back to being enemies. That kind of relationship is never stable."

--------------------

"Said something about Trent coming," Tara answered, still puzzled.

Adam thought for a moment. "Done. We take out Trent and then we go back to killing each other."

"I suppose I'm ok with it" said Troezen "but because im working with you doesnt mean i trust you, im keeping my eye on you. I mean you were working with trent and you're stabbing him in the back - or is this just a trick?"

"Im serious"

"Well let's go then."

Adam and Troezen got in the car.

"Go carefully, I dont trust him." troezen whispered in Jack's ear, so that adam couldnt hear.

Trent was looking into rooms for a phone line, he found one. He went up to it and attached a bunch of cables to it and a voltmeter.

"Ah 2nd floor is where the most electricity is going, your going down gamers..." Trent took off the cables and headed towards the stairs. He got to the door, but it was locked. "So they are cautious, but not bright." Trent said as he took out a lock pick.

((your facing a friggen ex-CIA guy here, hes got the tools.))

Archived