Home

EXCLUSIVE SCREENSHOTS

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

On Monday 22nd August, Empireatwar.net will be showing off 4 EXCLUSIVE screenshots - some of which feature a starship NEVER BEFORE SEEN! We also have a designer diary (more of those to come throughtout the year).

Our NEW LOOK website will launch with these screens.

DMUK

Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised because since this takes place after Episode III, the Empire would still be using the ships in some form.

Yes.. and in the screenshots they are still using the (Acclamator?") assaut ships from Ep2.. so a venerator seems a pretty likely unit, although hopefully in the more Imperial colours we see at the end of Ep3.

If the Venerator is included in the game, this brings up another possibility.

What if when you start out as the Empire, you have Episode III-era technologies?

So you'd start out with the expensive-but-precise clone troopers, and you could have the option of recruiting locals instead, so you'd sacrifice accurate troops for dirt-cheap ones. This would also mean AT-TEs would upgrade into AT-ATs, clone trooper armor into stormtrooper armor, etc, etc.

This I think would partially quench the thirst of those who want to fight the Clone Wars battles.

Well I think the presence of Republic Assault ships already opened that debate... it is an interesting one... according to some EU comics the Imperials continued to use transport/cargo AT-TE's (Like the one seen on Felucia) I'm not so sure about the Clone-Troopers (there are no ARC fighters or V-wings in space... so I doubt they'll have troops transition) but walkers are a big possibility.. however I don't think they'll be upgrades... I think they'll continue to function as seperate units. (Like the Assault ship seems to be in screenshots) The box cover on Lucasarts first site had amongst a bunch of Imperial hardware, that huge 12 legged artillery from Episode II...

Guest DarthMaulUK

Eat you up? Naaaa! I'm loving the debates. Im just so excited and rushing to get the site ready for monday. No sleep for me.

I wanted to have the new flash site up but Im gonna save that for the launch of the game.

DMUK

Archived