Home

What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?

Blaze629

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally, the Millenium Falcon was supposed to be destroyed at Endor but after a test screening, Lucas decided to keep it.

Imagine what it would be to destroy or remove the Hawk? It's an integral part of KotOR and so are T3 and HK.

However in the trilogy it didn't skip from person to person, if you play as the exile, then keeping the ebon hawk would be fine, if you don't, it would be kinda stupid...

What I don't want...

Goto

I am the baddest chosen jedi ever kind of storyline

Korriban

Dantoonie

Only Jedi PCs

Lightsaber quests, 2 is enough...

However in the trilogy it didn't skip from person to person, if you play as the exile, then keeping the ebon hawk would be fine, if you don't, it would be kinda stupid...

Except the backstory of the Ebon Hawk is similar to the Millennium Falcon in that it changed ownership a few times. Don't forget Lando owned it before Han Solo, and someone else owned it before Lando. So I don't think it's stupid that a new owner takes over the Ebon Hawk each game, as long as the reason given makes sense as to how the new owner took ownership of it.

NO:

Korriban

G0 T0

atacks on the ebon hawk

MUST:

HK-47 and T3-M4

Ebon Hawk

be revan

be more interaction with people that just asking "about this place".

uese all the rooms on the ebon hawk

Would LIKE:

more people on your team

Pazaak.

more planets

new arias on the planets as they make it look as if there is only one city on each planet!!!

MUST:

be revan

Please no! There would be no point if we played a level 20+ Character from the start of K3... or what would be the new excuse for Revan to be level one?

What did Revan do to lose his/her Force powers this time?

Aw! Drat! Revan went and slipped on a bar of soap in the shower and hit his/her head, and lost his/her force powers... again! Clumsy Revan! :roleyess:

Though your other Must haves are just fine... :)

Why not a simple not-the One Young Jedi trained by the Jedi order, who is send to retrieve the good Revan/Exile (good/bad choise) from the unknown regions and defend the the Republic.

This would make sense, and an excuse for bastila etc. to join your search-mission.

It kinda did. Lando Calrissian at the battle of Endor?

Point Taken. However, than was for a singular mission, not ownership...

Except the backstory of the Ebon Hawk is similar to the Millennium Falcon in that it changed ownership a few times. Don't forget Lando owned it before Han Solo, and someone else owned it before Lando. So I don't think it's stupid that a new owner takes over the Ebon Hawk each game, as long as the reason given makes sense as to how the new owner took ownership of it.

Another good point, however that wasn't something that you had to deal with.

In Episode IV if you had seen Lando being the owner of the Falcon and then Han in Episode V, and they pull off the same gambling line, I wouldn't have liked the the Falcon as much...

But don't worry Ebon Hawk lovers, I would strongly bet that you will see the Hawk again...

Hello All, I am new in this forum (not new to KOTOR however, as I've been playing K1 since Dec 04 I think and K2 since Feb 05). I just thought I'd put in my $ 0.02.

What I really don't want to see is a change in the game engine. The KOTOR engine is so simple and easy to use that it adds to the total immersion in the game play. I don't want to see GOTO, which I really doubt we'd see anyway. I don't want to see any of the old planets either.

What I'd like to see is the climax of the storyline and not a new story. I bought K2 with the expectation of continuing the story from K1, which I am sure a lot of people did. In that respect I was disappointed. I wanna know what happens! I want new NPC's and cameos from old NPC's. I want people in the background to respond when I commit murder (if I'm playing DS) and run or call the cops or something. I want the influence system to actually mean something. If I have influence with an NPC and they are DS I want them to act DS.

Last but not least, I want the people at Lucas Arts and whomever is actually gonna make the game to pay attention to the likes and dislikes of the KOTOR fans and not just send out a survey with a couple of piddly little details to give us some input on.

PS The game MUST be moddable!!!!

What I really don't want to see is a change in the game engine. The KOTOR engine is so simple and easy to use that it adds to the total immersion in the game play. I don't want to see GOTO, which I really doubt we'd see anyway. I don't want to see any of the old planets either.

I really don't want the engine to change either. If it does, I would hope the change is minimal.

What I'd like to see is the climax of the storyline and not a new story. I bought K2 with the expectation of continuing the story from K1, which I am sure a lot of people did. In that respect I was disappointed. I wanna know what happens! I want new NPC's and cameos from old NPC's. I want people in the background to respond when I commit murder (if I'm playing DS) and run or call the cops or something. I want the influence system to actually mean something. If I have influence with an NPC and they are DS I want them to act DS.

Good stuff here.

Last but not least, I want the people at Lucas Arts and whomever is actually gonna make the game to pay attention to the likes and dislikes of the KOTOR fans and not just send out a survey with a couple of piddly little details to give us some input on.

Great idea. Let's hope that Lucasarts is paying attention to this and other threads indicating what we want and don't want in the next game. :D

@ Dale03Ster: Han and lando putted up a game of Sabbac, and Lando didn't wany to lose anymore money. In a fun moment he said: Choose a ship, then!

And han won, and instead of taking a shiny cruiser from Bespin, he took a freighter that almost fell apart, but with some repairs still was a very good ship. Lando wanted to repair it for himself, however, and didn't expect Solo to choose the Falcon. That's why lando was so pissed of.

@ Rest: Did nobody notice? The Exile TAKES the Ebon Hawk to the unknow regions, it ca't possibly return, unless the Exile is evil, thus giving an enormous spoiler. I think thay simply have to come up with a new ship, maybe when you enter the unknown regions, you'll get it.

They found a way for the Exile to get the hawk in K2.

If the exile is the PC in K3 he could be light or dark and still have the ebon hawk as a ship, and if the exile is not the main PC i am sure they will find a way for the new PC to acquire the hawk, the same way they found a way for the exile to acquire it. I'm very confident the Ebon Hawk will make a return in K3.

Besides, why does everyone hate the Ebon Hawk so much? I actually think its a pretty cool little ship. Its the Millenium Falcon of KOTOR and you all liked the Falcon didn't you? I even remember reading somewhere that bioware had the millenium falcon in mind when desiging the Ebon Hawk. Not just the name, but the whole ship was meant to look and feel like the falcon.

eh, whatever, you can love it or hate it, but i'd bet my kidney that it will be in K3

What I don't want to see in KOTOR III is oddessy. How about SOURCE or FEAR as the engine instead? Oddessy is tweaked aurora, which is tweaked infinity, which is last millenium's tech. Fine for 2003, somewhat acceptable for early 2005, compleatly unacceptable now.

Also, I don't want a new combat system. If they get rid of the dungeon & dragons d20 system, it just won't be KOTOR.

And, please no emotionaly disturbed wookies. And definately no PC's or NPC party members from the first 2 games, except HK and T3, as party members.

And no gender or alignment based NPC party members. Romantic entanglements are cool; I enjoyed them in both KOTORs, but handle it like bioware did in KOTOR I.

No goodytooshoes darkside npc party members. If the PC's corrupted someone to the darkside, the npc party member should realy stop objecting to the PC's commiting murder.

What's so wrong with Carth? he's the only NPC in the game who is not afraid to tell you that he disagress when you are doing bad things.

What was so wrong with Carth? His attitude begs for death.

They can keep Carth in for all the Carth fans out there as long as the game keeps the query system so that the game understands that in my KOTOR universe Carth died on the hanger deck of the Star Forge. KOTOR II understood this just fine, so it's no big deal.

@ Dale03Ster: Han and lando putted up a game of Sabbac, and Lando didn't wany to lose anymore money. In a fun moment he said: Choose a ship, then!

And han won, and instead of taking a shiny cruiser from Bespin, he took a freighter that almost fell apart, but with some repairs still was a very good ship. Lando wanted to repair it for himself, however, and didn't expect Solo to choose the Falcon. That's why lando was so pissed of.

And why did you bother typing this...

In Episode IV if you had seen Lando being the owner of the Falcon and then Han in Episode V, and they pull off the same gambling line, I wouldn't have liked the the Falcon as much...

Reread that :p

Definitely wouldn't want a situation where you were forced to accept that Revan and the Exile were both LS male or something, because the devs couldn't be bothered to include all the different combinations from the endings of the previous games.

@Darth Sooges: I don't mind G0T0, I thought he was an interesting character, though maybe not as a party member next time round. He's still head of the Exchange (isn't he?) and the Exchange is pretty cool.

Personally I think G0T0 is the only interesting character in TSL and the only one with a backstory.

As for the continuation of Revan's and Exile's story. I would rather not. Revan's past is a mysterious one and gives him flair. His future is uncertain and leaves you to draw your own conclusions.

...and the Exile... I really hate that guy (and seriously dislike the person who wrote his premise). Oooo, he is so cool, he is an echo in the force, he touches the lives of everyone and sucks their energies, he is sooooo baaaad and cooool and is the plot-twist-daddy-of-the-sith-lords and Revan's brother... fricken die already!

Revan is Revan so they can leave it at that and the exile is just boring and uninteresting so they can drop him too and set K3 - 100 years later dealing with the recovering galaxy. The droids and the hawk are still around and a bright new story with bright new characters can take their place.

Personally I think G0T0 is the only interesting character in TSL and the only one with a backstory.

As for the continuation of Revan's and Exile's story. I would rather not. Revan's past is a mysterious one and gives him flair. His future is uncertain and leaves you to draw your own conclusions.

...and the Exile... I really hate that guy (and seriously dislike the person who wrote his premise). Oooo, he is so cool, he is an echo in the force, he touches the lives of everyone and sucks their energies, he is sooooo baaaad and cooool and is the plot-twist-daddy-of-the-sith-lords and Revan's brother... fricken die already!

Revan is Revan so they can leave it at that and the exile is just boring and uninteresting so they can drop him too and set K3 - 100 years later dealing with the recovering galaxy. The droids and the hawk are still around and a bright new story with bright new characters can take their place.

What????? Are you crazy? The story is unfinished. I want to know what happened to Revan and what happened with the true sith. Leaving the story like this is like saying..."Oh, you know Bob? Something happened to him." and just leaving it like that. I want to know, dammit.

Archived