Home

What do you NOT want in KOTOR III?

Blaze629

What I don't want:

The same control scheme on the PC that is unlike most 1st/3rd person games.

Why not allow my character to move laterally to go around obstacles instead of turning around and running in a tight circle? I really don't want to have to hold down my right mouse button to move.

What I do want:

The equivalent of the NWN Toolset, 3DS Max import/export scripts and some documentation.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, Nothing against next gen, but I certainly hope

that it comes out for the OG Xbox. It was KOTOR that

inspired me to buy the 'Box in the 1st. place.

Sure, I imagine that it will wind up on 360 anyway, but

the stuff that made this series great has little if anything to

do with cutting edge graphics and framerate (hahhah)

and instead represents a killer story, and great characters

that are often more real than the film series' cardboard cutouts.

Nuthing against Billy Dee and Harry Ford, but Hailey Joe, and the

other Ani, this means YOU!

Well chances are the things I don't want have already been said but I don't want to read the whole thread to find out.

1) Nar Shadaa - For the love of god! Never take me back to that god-for-saken planet!

2) Bao-Dur - Completely useless and an annoying voice.

3)A new PC character - It needs to stay as either Revan or the Exile, don't bring in a new character.

4) Bastila not being a recruitable character - She is the greatest NPC in either game so we need her as a recruitable character again!

5) The game to be half finished - No more cut content, we need a full game!

Well so far that's all I can think of. These are my main not-wants for K3.

EDIT: Oh yeah one last thing

6) The same engine - The KotOR I engine is a little dated now. We need a brand-spankin' new style for KotOR III

Things I'd like to see in KOTOR III:

1) Play as Revan or the Exile, no need for a new character.

2) Bring some of the characters from the other games back - Bastilla, Atton and maybe a few more.

3) Offer some more alien speak. It gets so repetitive and annoying. They can be saying a 3 word dialogue and he can be goin' on for ages.

4) A few more Planets would be cool.

5) I'd like to see more of the HK droids, I thought that was a nice idea.

That's it for now - I'll try and think of some more.

Things I DONT want:

New PC

New storyline

New droids

G0-T0 - there is only one evil droid. I only want to see him if he's been rerogrammed as a tea-serving wench-droid.

Nar Shadaa

The Handmaiden,The Disciple, Kreia, Bao-Dur, Atris, crappy sith lords, or Hanharr.

A dead planet.

NPC's with bugger all dialogue - bring back the rich diversity of K1!

Stuff being cut left right and centre

Bad storyline, full of "themes"...

almost no cantina's - I want one on almost every planet! Pazaak, juma and swoop racing for all!

All the "The Jedi are dying" crap.

Things I DONT want:

This annoyed me greatly in TSL. What made K1 so cool was that, the jedi were at their prime, they had a working organisation and they were MANY! You could talk to many different Jedi to get their view on the Force or on life or just ask for advice or help them with some quest or get trained. You got a feeling of being part of the Order. In TSL you get jack-sh*t! There are no other Jedi, you are the last one, you are so badarse that you are the last one and you will rebuild the jedi because you are so badarse.

I do NOT want an uberl33t jedi who RoxX0rZ teh big!11!1111! because he is teh only 1 jedi left!

I want the Jedi Order restored so we can interact with it, to see how it works, to get a feel for how it is to be a jedi. That's what role-playing game's are about. It would be nice if you start off as a padawan and the training level is at a Temple, you make it through the training and you get a cool cut-scene of the ceremony where you are made a knight. The rest is epic.

That dumb looking Ebon Hawk. I mean if it didn't look like an alien sex toy I could cope...

Drop that stupid thing. I was so hoping we'd get a different ship in TSL, it killed me it got rebuilt at Peragus. I thought, "ripper, the Ebon Hawk's wrecked!" at the prologue, "now I'll get a different ship."

Then you're stuck with it leaving.

The one thing I do not want to see in KotOR 3 is the Ebon Hawk, unless it's being blown up and replaced by something that doesn't look like a stapler stuck to a folded paper plate.

This annoyed me greatly in TSL. What made K1 so cool was that, the jedi were at their prime, they had a working organisation and they were MANY! You could talk to many different Jedi to get their view on the Force or on life or just ask for advice or help them with some quest or get trained. You got a feeling of being part of the Order. In TSL you get jack-sh*t! There are no other Jedi, you are the last one, you are so badarse that you are the last one and you will rebuild the jedi because you are so badarse.

I do NOT want an uberl33t jedi who RoxX0rZ teh big!11!1111! because he is teh only 1 jedi left!

I want the Jedi Order restored so we can interact with it, to see how it works, to get a feel for how it is to be a jedi. That's what role-playing game's are about. It would be nice if you start off as a padawan and the training level is at a Temple, you make it through the training and you get a cool cut-scene of the ceremony where you are made a knight. The rest is epic.

That sounds great. Perhaps on the flipside, if we chose to play darkside, we could see the same sort of thing at a sith academy/dark jedi order.

That dumb looking Ebon Hawk. I mean if it didn't look like an alien sex toy I could cope...

Drop that stupid thing. I was so hoping we'd get a different ship in TSL, it killed me it got rebuilt at Peragus. I thought, "ripper, the Ebon Hawk's wrecked!" at the prologue, "now I'll get a different ship."

Then you're stuck with it leaving.

The one thing I do not want to see in KotOR 3 is the Ebon Hawk, unless it's being blown up and replaced by something that doesn't look like a stapler stuck to a folded paper plate.

There's nothing wrong with the Hawk. I suspect that it might be back because many people do like it. Plus it has the added benefit of not having to have a new design/progamming team or the time it would take to do it. Another benefit it has is the ability to carry your whole team. I personally wouldn't mind a new ship. It would make sense to have a new one, considering that the Hawk took Exile to the outer rim. But I will say that any unneccesary thing that pushes back any projected release date (even though one hasn't been announced as of yet), I am against.

Things I DONT want:

New PC

New storyline

New droids

G0-T0 - there is only one evil droid. I only want to see him if he's been rerogrammed as a tea-serving wench-droid.

Nar Shadaa

The Handmaiden,The Disciple, Kreia, Bao-Dur, Atris, crappy sith lords, or Hanharr.

A dead planet.

NPC's with bugger all dialogue - bring back the rich diversity of K1!

Stuff being cut left right and centre

Bad storyline, full of "themes"...

almost no cantina's - I want one on almost every planet! Pazaak, juma and swoop racing for all!

WORD. Although I would like some small cameos.

Meh, ketchup is sub-par.

Anyway, I'd love to see Carth again. I too hope he dies, but for different reasons. We don't see enough main-character deaths in the other two. Other than that:

1. New PC

2. Ebon Hawk (I mean, I don't care if we see it or not, but I want a new ship.)

3. Villain death by lightsaber (ok, every single KotOR villain goes down in combat. Every one. It's getting awfully dull. Can't we have a Sith Lord in a fighter, and you have too shoot him down? That would be so cool. Or something like that.)

I would like to see a full and complete game. for me tsl was made to fast and didnt play well to me.

things i want to see

a good betrayal, possibly one of your allies is a spy(not like Kreia).

interesting characters, most likely a love triangle.

Huge choice of characters, possibly the ability to leave one for another.

corusant(battle ravaged possibly)

things i dont want to see

weak characters

weak story plot

dantooine

btw i hold no love for t3 m4, but hk47 is cool

Ok, here is what I don't want.

Waiting for a long long time to get either your lightsaber or your force powers.

No more droids except for HK-47 and T3-M3.

Drop that stupid thing. I was so hoping we'd get a different ship in TSL, it killed me it got rebuilt at Peragus. I thought, "ripper, the Ebon Hawk's wrecked!" at...

BLASPHEMY!!! The Ebon Hawk is the Millenium Falcon of KOTOR, I do not want to see some stupid sith ship that goes about as fast as if somebody had gotten out and was pushing it like people have suggested!!! (I stop as my house is shattered by the power of my force scream)

Well, sorry....anyways, as i was saying,

I do not want to see areas that look exactly like some places in the first and second KOTOR.

A terrible storyline that feels like the game is some sort of weird expansion pack.

Revan and the Exile showing up wearing hoods and masks with no face, no alignment, and no gender. There better be some way we choose what they look like.

Archived