Home

Moulin Rouge Is Not A Chick Flick

BigTeddyPaul

Sheesh ET I come back and first thread I look at they are bagging on your excellent taste in movies. Looks like I came back just in time.

Alright everyone I finally, after a friggin 18 months or so, convinced myself I had enough money to get a computer. In reality I just put most of it on a credit card but I will worry about that in about another month or so. So I will soon eventually finally maybe be back. Working 36 hours a week and 15 units of school sucks especially with working out and trying to have some form of a social life.

Not too much to tell since the time of my last post whenever that was. Lost a decent amount of weight. Finally down to size 36 jeans. Been here is San Luis Obispo CA for a year now and I am loving it. All you people with 100+ degree weather should seriously try to get into Cal Poly down here. Best weather ever.

Computer is nothing too special but it will hopefully get me through college. Any games for computer I should know about or get since I have been out of the loop in forever?

And just to add: 40 Year Old Virgin is a great movie.

BTP

Any movie that features music with the words "Love" is a chick flick. End of story.

Now if there were a musical featuring death metal and black metal bands burning churches/places of worship and slaying hordes of darkness with their axes and armour, I'd DEFINITELY go watch that, and feel very manly about it :D

mtfbwya

Any movie that features music with the words "Love" is a chick flick. End of story.

That's retarded. Star Wars is not a ****ing chick flick.

Besides, get a girl in drama class to watch Moulin Rouge with you and I can guarantee 99.9% of the time you will get some sweet, sweet lovin.

Now if there were a musical featuring death metal and black metal bands burning churches/places of worship and slaying hordes of darkness with their axes and armour, I'd DEFINITELY go watch that, and feel very manly about it :D

mtfbwya

Astro, I think you may actually be on to something...

Even though I am not an avid fan of such music, I see a market for something like that.

If you build it, they will come. \o/

BTW....please know that I HATE chick flicks. I make one small exception for Hitch, which is not really a "chick flick", but a romantic comedy, yes...I will give you that, but I like it only because I thought it was funny, and the guys act like guys really would.

That's retarded. Star Wars is not a ****ing chick flick.

nice language sithy....such a scholar

I must be watchin the wrong Star Wars movies. I cant remember any music in the films with "love" in the lyrics... The only "lyrical" music in the films is either in Huttese, Gungan, Ewok(OOT) or sanskrit.

mtfbwya

I must be watchin the wrong Star Wars movies. I cant remember any music in the films with "love" in the lyrics... The only "lyrical" music in the films is either in Huttese, Gungan, Ewok(OOT) or sanskrit.

Don't tell me you've missed the stormtrooper cha-cha, the Han and Leia version of "Can you feel the love tonight" and the breakdancing Jedis?

Bladder control, Astro....

nice language sithy....such a scholar

I'm so glad you are here to play mommy Astro. I'll alert leXX of her replacement.

Ah, you meant music with lyrics. My apoligies. But I stand by my claim that what you said is highly retarded.

I'm so glad you are here to play mommy Astro. I'll alert leXX of her replacement.

Ah, you meant music with lyrics. My apoligies. But I stand by my claim that what you said is highly retarded.

Intent on starting trouble sithy??

Im worried. I think a supermod has to show some restraint in what they post. If this was in a private forum or PM fair enough. I don't remember any of the other s-mods demeaning the opinions(or in this case, light hearted statement) of other members. I definitely have had my a$$ kicked for doing it, and deservedly so.

But I understand, even despite your position, you're just "keeping it real on the internet"

mtfbwya

Whoa, now. Let's chill out there fella(s). Don't turn ugly on each other. This is a happy time right? I sort of remember this Big Teddy guy and if I recall correctly, he likes hockey. Right? I don't think that that has much to do with anything actually, but welcome back, man. :D

Intent on starting trouble sithy??

Im worried. I think a supermod has to show some restraint in what they post.

I don't want this to continue, so any response to this can be in PM, but you started the insults here Astro, just because Sith is a supermod doesn't mean he can't defend himself.

Who cares if it counts as a chick flick? Y'all say that like it's intrinsically *bad*, as if a label can make a movie bad or good rather than its actual quality.

And for the record, although this may not help the "it's not a chick flick" side, I love and adore "Moulin Rouge" ;)

Moulin Rouge != Chick flick

Not by any definition i know.

Its an excellent film though. But half my mates like it, the others hate it. That split is entirely even across boys and girls. I know one girl who walked out of the cinema, and at least one other for whom it is her favorite film.

Games: I just played DOOM3 (average), am now playing Farcry (better) and then it's on to Half-life 2. Then i'm about caught up on all the ones i've missed and wanted to play. for now.

Archived