Home

Anakin VM (Beta).... Check it out

NeoMarz1

O.K..... I am waiting for Hapslashes model too!, but I figured I'd put one out before Haps amazing work comes out. This Model is definately inspired by his work. I paid more attention to the skinning, and modeling. I need to get the robe properly weighted, and The NPC files wont work... Anyone who can take a look at the NPC files, let me know what I'm doing wrong! I havent had this problem before....hmmmmmmm..... Well here is the link and screenshot.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/15458/

anakinfinal3qm.jpg

hmmm, there are some things you should change, like ani only had the two flaps, one in front and one in back and you have like a full skirt type thing:P what you should do is make a shader with an alpha channel so that only the black flaps show and the rest is invisible so that you dont have to remodel anything. only other thing is the weighing isnt too smooth so i guess you could touch that up. since its a beta hopefully youll touch up the skin to make it look more like ani. sorry for being a tough crit but you know i love your work:P

I think The reason the npcs may isn't showing up is because there are too many npc files in your base. To solve this problem you could either delete npcs or rename the pk3 to have a Z infront of it. Having the Z infront of the pk3 makes it show up because the game reads Pk3's from Z to A. The pk3 of this model is named Anakinvm which begins with an A and would be read last by the game and left off if there are too many npcs in the base. Just rename the model to Z_Anakin and you should be able to use the Anakin npc, but remember, if u rename the Anakin npc with a Z infront, the npcs for that would work, but at the expense of some others not working. The ones that wouldn't work would be the ones closer to the letter A in the alphabet

I think The reason the npcs may isn't showing up is because there are too many npc files in your base. To solve this problem you could either delete npcs or rename the pk3 to have a Z infront of it. Having the Z infront of the pk3 makes it show up because the game reads Pk3's from Z to A. The pk3 of this model is named Anakinvm which begins with an A and would be read last by the game and left off if there are too many npcs in the base. Just rename the model to Z_Anakin and you should be able to use the Anakin npc, but remember, if u rename the Anakin npc with a Z infront, the npcs for that would work, but at the expense of some others not working. The ones that wouldn't work would be the ones closer to the letter A in the alphabet

Thanks Jet! I will make this fix. Marzout!

:( I can't get on pcgamemods.com for some strange reason (maybe banned :o) so I can't download this....

yet.

anyways...

I like the hair, but the face... well, I like the hair better ;)

I noticed that his right strap or whatever its called looks a little screwed when your just standing there; lightsaber not ignited. I think the model also needs a robe, not a hood and cape.

Other than that its probably the best Anakin model out there.

You should check it out Marz,

It's like Counter Strike and other team based games, you win if you kill all the other teams members or if you complete the objective of the Map's mission.

There are a variety of classes to choose from, like;

Jedi,

Clonetrooper,

Arc Trooper,

Soldier,

Hero,

Elite Trooper,

Sith,

Bounty Hunter,

Mandolorian,

Wookiee,

and more that I've probably forgotten, each with their own skills and powers, much like JKA you get your points and choose which powers/skills you want at the beginning of the round, There's a bit to get used to since the Jedi class is very different from the base jk sabering, you have to block attacks and choose your points carefully.

It was also featured in the UK magazine PCGamer, and actually put on the cover disk :D, which doesn't happen too often with a JA mod.

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's all good and well balenced in my opinion, great mod well better than base JK.

One thing I can say about it is that you're definitely getting better about a few things. I see that it's well within a decent poly range, however I think you sacrificed a few faces that would have helped the mesh deform a bit better in the shoulders and midsection, while there are still a bit of excess on the upper half and back of his skull, especially when you consider that those areas are covered up by his hair.

I really do like the hair though. I think you did a great job of matching it up to the look he sports through most of the movie,... almost makes me want to go back and work on mine some more.

If you want some pointers on ways you could improve the mesh I do have a few suggestions,... From the front, the hips and torso seem a bit wide from just below the arms on down. not too bad, but I think it could be made a bit slimmer. From the side the hips and legs look a little thick, like the verts should be brought forward. While the center of his chest looks like it should be brought back some. I think it might also help to have the verts on the back of the belt moved out from the center a bit, just to create a more rounded curve from back to front. If you look at him from a 3/4 angled view, it almost looks as if there's a large chunk missing out of his side. The same thing should probably be done to the pair of verts that are above his belt boxes.

One other thing that I noticed is that his head seems a little low when compared to the standard JK models. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it does seem a bit off.

I hope you do go on to make some of those other models, I've seen a number of people trying to get someone to make better versions than the ones that are currently available.

If you are considering using this model, or the completed version, as a base for more characters, how about combining them into one 'species' and use the selection screen to select the different heads and such. That way you could have Anakin, Obi, Mace, Kit, and maybe another Maul all with one model as a base. This would also help with the robe/cape idea by making it selectable. Such as adding it to the head selection. Also you should try more variety to the outfits, not just the 'jedi robes' and 'sith cloaks' but something similar as with your female mando. Episode I and III had some pretty cool concept art of different outfits. Unfortunetly I'm at Navy OS A school now and can't d/l it just yet to see what it looks like in game personally but all the screens look good. And if you ever decide to update Maul again, could you give him the option to wear some regular pants without the sith skirt? Sorry about that request.

One thing I can say about it is that you're definitely getting better about a few things. I see that it's well within a decent poly range, however I think you sacrificed a few faces that would have helped the mesh deform a bit better in the shoulders and midsection, while there are still a bit of excess on the upper half and back of his skull, especially when you consider that those areas are covered up by his hair.

I really do like the hair though. I think you did a great job of matching it up to the look he sports through most of the movie,... almost makes me want to go back and work on mine some more.

If you want some pointers on ways you could improve the mesh I do have a few suggestions,... From the front, the hips and torso seem a bit wide from just below the arms on down. not too bad, but I think it could be made a bit slimmer. From the side the hips and legs look a little thick, like the verts should be brought forward. While the center of his chest looks like it should be brought back some. I think it might also help to have the verts on the back of the belt moved out from the center a bit, just to create a more rounded curve from back to front. If you look at him from a 3/4 angled view, it almost looks as if there's a large chunk missing out of his side. The same thing should probably be done to the pair of verts that are above his belt boxes.

One other thing that I noticed is that his head seems a little low when compared to the standard JK models. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but it does seem a bit off.

I hope you do go on to make some of those other models, I've seen a number of people trying to get someone to make better versions than the ones that are currently available.

Thanks a Million Haps! I will definately consider these changes. I only have improved by watching your example. Maybe you can give me some pointers on getting a model to look more like the photo (mesh wise). I modeled over a photo in user mode (3DsMax), I found that I should use perspective mode (right?). User mode seems to be flat without perspective, and photos are in perspective... Well any pointers, I would apreciate. Thanks for taking time to comment, It means a lot. Sincerely Mars

.... I must say you have very faithfull fans.... They seem to take it personally when I try to do as good as you. hehe... Well, anyhow thanks again. I still have a ways to go till I get to your level. Marzout

Archived