Home

Anakin VM (Beta).... Check it out

NeoMarz1

Thanks a Million Haps! I will definately consider these changes. I only have improved by watching your example. Maybe you can give me some pointers on getting a model to look more like the photo (mesh wise). I modeled over a photo in user mode (3DsMax), I found that I should use perspective mode (right?). User mode seems to be flat without perspective, and photos are in perspective... Well any pointers, I would apreciate. Thanks for taking time to comment, It means a lot. Sincerely Mars

I'll usually model the faces over photo references too, but I don't think I would really use perspective mode. I think it just distorts the model too much to be able to use it very effectively. most photos are taken at a distance where perspective doesn't really alter the image all that much.

What I do is use as many references from as many different angles as possible, and then I'm constantly turning the model to make sure it doesn't look odd at certain angles.

It probably helps that I've been sculpting faces out of clay for years, moving to 3D meshes wasn't that great a leap, I just needed to learn how to use the program better.

If it helps you could also have some type of actual real reference handy while modeling. For instance, I had the Count Dooku bust of Cristopher Lee sitting on my desk while I was modeling his head. It doesn't have to be of the character you're trying to recreate, just something to keep you aware of how the features should flow,...

.... I must say you have very faithfull fans.... They seem to take it personally when I try to do as good as you. hehe... Well, anyhow thanks again. I still have a ways to go till I get to your level. Marzout

I don't think I'd really refer to them as faithful fans,... more like malcontents. I get quite a lot "NeoMarz can make dozens of models in the time it takes you to do crap!" messages, a lot of them from the same people who hassle you. For the most part I'd try to pay them no heed. Most of them have no idea what goes into making a model for the game, or all the little tricks you have to learn in order to make them look 'right' when they are.

I don't think I'd really refer to them as faithful fans,... more like malcontents. I get quite a lot "NeoMarz can make dozens of models in the time it takes you to do crap!" messages, a lot of them from the same people who hassle you. For the most part I'd try to pay them no heed. Most of them have no idea what goes into making a model for the game, or all the little tricks you have to learn in order to make them look 'right' when they are.

Well... Just so you know, I dont take any joy out of those "Mars is faster than Hap comments". I understand the differences in our approaches, and personally your approach is more professional. Thanks for the advice. talk to you later. Marzout

:angel: :angel: NEED HELP...NEED HELP... :angel: :angel:

O.k. Here is the problem... my model is kicking out major errors right now, but Carcass scrolls too fast for me to see what the base of the errors are. Can anyone tell me how to view all the error listings out of carcass more effectively, other than letting them just scroll by. I cant believe the errors that are showing up. Havent had this happen, before. HELLLLLP! Marzout

Thats awesome! You know you should make a anakin and obiwan with clone gear, aswell a Saesee Tiin one from clone wars with his helmet and stuff.

Hey Zappa... Arent you the one that put blinking lights on my old Vader? If your interested in doing that for this model. That would be awesome. Marzout

Archived