Home

Got my guitar!

ZBomber

I finally got my guitar! It's an Epiphone Les Paul Special II. It looks great! Got it for 200, and a cheap Fender amp for 100. Plus I got a tuner, stand, strap, beginner book, and a book that has the tabs to Rolling Stones songs! All together it costed 468 dollars, more than my parents want to spend, so I'm gonna have to pay for half (which is all my birthday money). I think it's worth it, I was so happy, I had it on my lap the whole drive home!

img06556it.th.jpg

img06568ft.th.jpg

Second thumbnail doesn't work for me, heres a direct link to the bigger pic...

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8624/img06568ft.jpg

Need to wait for fugging October.

Lucky son of a git. >_>

How much do you know about the guitar so far though? Do you know the names of each string and what scales are. Or do you only know power chords so far?

I know the names of the strings and the scales. I haven't had much time to play, I had a headache and went to sleep, and when I woke up, I was on the phone with my friend at the Rolling Stones concert, which rocked by the way!

I got some book that teaches you the basics, not gonna use it for a few days though, still gotta get used to it first.

Here's a tip:

Once you've had some experience with chords and scales and have become used to playing them, you'll probably be ancy for something more recognizable. Do some reading on chord progressions.

Once you know the forms for all seven chords in a full circle, I through vii, you'll be able to throw them together and write hokey songs!

Seeing as how I can't do anything, I won't record. I made a cool sliding sound though. >_>

That's called a hammer. Whenever tabs want you to hammer, do that.

Teehee.

What gauge are your strings, by the way?

An Epiphone Les Paul, legame. :)

Don't get discouraged by the fact that you suck or you'll stop playing. The truth is, you're going to suck for a while and there's not much you can do about it. :D Although, if you keep with it, you'll see the payoffs are well worth the struggle. These are your first steps into something that will be a part of you for the rest of your life. Have fun.

Good, now get really really good, become famous, and send all of us a ticket to your preformance, also give us loans whenever we need them.

Honestly, just the potential, I think I'm more excited about you getting your guitar than you are.

He has to enjoy it to be successful, however. And by successful I don't mean Britney Spears successful...

If I'm good, I'll enjoy being successful. :p

I do suck right now, but I'm slowly learning.

Yeh, its only an Epiphone. :p Wasn't gonna dish out big bucks for a Gibson Les Paul which is basically the same thing.

Unfortunately, you don't have to be good to be successful. :p

Nah, an Epiphone's fine. Most of the greater nuances that come with the better guitars will be lost on your wimpy guitar skills. ;)

Archived