Home

Testbase

Tesla(DF)

Hey, if you havn't read my member entry on the DF MOD Homepage, my name is Tesla, and I be making testbase :D

The original concept was, quite linear. I hope to improve the flow of the map, but not deter from the main theme, this is just another get the deathstar plans map, only it is like a 1 way road once you get in the base. Most of the interior has been made, I am going to be adding some more sense, and reality to testbase, there are going to be experiement rooms behind security glass in some of the empty corridors and such, and 1 or two surprises, the terrain is currently planned to be JA Style, as in non polygonal doom, just smooth quads shaping it out. That part is done, right now, I am trying to figure out how to make the caves, and keep decent FPS, but belive me, this one will be a wonder to look at just like the others, no matter how bland it was originally.

I really don't have alot of good screenshots, because I have mapped mostly interior, and they are all very small places, unlike Fatspider's big butt screenies. everything is going smoothly, and there are even going to be scratched up stormtroopers, to mix it up a bit. There will be one officer with a repeater inside the base as a mini-boss. You will also be able to find the other 3 auto-guns that were originally scattered around the map as consolation prizes.

Interior is actually soon to be ready for MODIFICATIONILIZATION! Once the basic crap is finished that is. But the most dificult part will be, merging the terrain with the base itself. That will take months. and I guess if you can call these screenshots, here they are.

e4dafe67.jpg

Just some Officers scratching thier butts.

The rest will be hyperlinked, to help page load time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/essobekim/f2500f35.jpg

Note, Terrain color is due to orange skybox, this has since changed, and is now an "I am going to fall asleep" Gray.

Will be adding cloud layers too.

The whole reason you came to fest, just to get a smaple of some metalic crap.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/essobekim/29d3021f.jpg

You have no idea how much I really want to share with you, but that is like telling somone how V-Ger from the Star Trek motion picture really stands for the lost space probe Voyager VI.

OOPS :p

Why has no one replied to this yet? Awesome screens, dude. I actually quite like the orange terrain but, in the interest of accuracy, it really should be grey. Of course, I hear you've got that covered. Keep up the good work! :thmbup1:

Oh, and before anyone points it out, I haven't replied myself because I've been busy working with my old man and haven't visited the forums in a couple days. So there. :xp:

Im my opinion it needs A LOT more detail. Try actually building some of those textures in radiant, or as I call it, 3Ditize them.:)

Also, the terrain seems a bit gross, mabye fix the stretched texture problem.

The stairs in the one shoot are WAY too blocky.

Also, WHY AREN'T THOSE STAIRS AND RED STRIPS GLOWING!? :p

Hope you don't hate me, I am only sharing my honest opinion.

Yes I have full faith that you will improve these because like you said in your text, these are only early shots. :)

Also. Why aren't you ever on MSN anymore?

Archived