Home

The Broadside.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

A new Imperial frigate that fires missiles (as seen in the screen). Its good against mid level capitol ships but should it be worried about Rebel fighters?

Does this make a good addition to the Imperial fleet, or would you rather the game didn't add unfamiliar styled ships? Give us your views

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

There's still along way to go before the game is released. An SSD would be a superb option to include so lets keep our fingers crossed

DMUK

Well, if you mean the other Imperial ship in the 'menu' bit at empireatwar.net, then I must say I HATE IT!!!!!!! That is, without a doubt, the most ridiculous, imbecilic and childish attempt I have ever seen to fill out a side in anything - whether it is SW EU, or any other game. The person who designed that ship really needs to be punished...severely.

Honestly, to me all it looks like is a beefed-up verson of the Republic Hover Tank in the 'Clone Wars' game.

Overall - Worst Design Ever!

Personally it reminds me of a ship from Star Trek, not star wars. It doesnt look imperial to me, I think it looks more like a pirate ship. It really just doesnt look imperial, maybe if they changed it up a bit to resemble an imperial design I would like it more. Also it looks more like it should be on land and not in space. The name also needs to change, it sounds weird. lol.

Well, if you mean the other Imperial ship in the 'menu' bit at empireatwar.net, then I must say I HATE IT!!!!!!! That is, without a doubt, the most ridiculous, imbecilic and childish attempt I have ever seen to fill out a side in anything - whether it is SW EU, or any other game. The person who designed that ship really needs to be punished...severely.

Honestly, to me all it looks like is a beefed-up verson of the Republic Hover Tank in the 'Clone Wars' game.

Overall - Worst Design Ever!

Someone is taking this far too serious. It's a solid design and has some imperial stylings. It certainly doesn't look rebel and that's good enough for me.

Litus, yeah you're right... if they just named it the decimator and put it to scale I personally wouldn't mind it... the "broadside?" What an ugly name!

I don't care much for the look of the ship either, so I don't intend on building them. Aesthetics are powerful, and I wish they would consider just making some other ships have various "specialties" like have a frigate that has two different styles, a regular frigate and a missile frigate and balance them out, but they'd look relatively the same.

I mean, why create a missile ship? Is it against capital ships or? I would think the heavy guns on the star destroyers would more than take care of big ships. Plus, most ships have missile launchers too anyway.

Perhaps against starfighters?

The Lancer Frigate was designed for this purpose.

Ok ok, it didn't turn out to be quite as effective against fighters as it was promised, but still. :) But that's just the Empire in a nutshell: Choosing to create a new easy and cheap to produce and maintain fighter (TIE Interceptor) so they can afford bigger ships (Lancer Frigate), instead of putting effort into producing a propper starfighter instead (further development on the TIE Advanced).

Sure, the Advanced was finally finished (renamed TIE Avenger), but it was too little too late. Grand Admiral Zarin didn't help much to the situation either. :p

I don't really see the need for a Mon Cal cruiser to crash with a Neb B frigate, unless it's to evade the Death Star's laser.

Home 1: 'Watch it Redemption'

Redemtion: 'Watch what?'

Home 1: 'Too late'

Both ships crash together and cintinue to fly as 1 new ship.

Also what's wrong with the Dreadnought or an MC-40 Cruiser. Sure they are EU (not sure about the MC-40), but they appeared in the X-Wing and TIE Fighter series, and in those series I have never had the feeling something was wrong. Here just the looks of the damn thing make me feel like something's wrong. Basicly I think All the ships of X-Wing Alliance would fit in, except there would be too many shiptypes (some would fill in the same role, like Correlian Corvette and the Mod Correlian Corvette). Though that would not have to be a bad thing. Just a weaker and a slightly stronger Corvette.

Archived