Home

Upcoming Games

THE MANDALORE

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Empire at War doesn't even have half as much attention as the sequel to the best selling Star Wars games of all time.

The thing is people have forgotten how Battlefront I was the public beta test for Battlefront II.

Yep, no points for originality. Was it not the SW Battlefield 1942 mod that made Lucasarts realise the potential for such a game? Either way, I enjoyed Battlefront and can't wait till the sequel.

Yep, no points for originality. Was it not the SW Battlefield 1942 mod that made Lucasarts realise the potential for such a game? Either way, I enjoyed Battlefront and can't wait till the sequel.

I enjoyed Battlefront to an extent. I played it for a much longer time then most people did.

Yet for an MMOFPS, it lasted a lousy amount of time compared to BF1942.

An MMOFPS should stay strong for at least a year. MP usually extends the living time of a game for a very long time. BF1942 is still strong after a few years even with the existence of BFVietnam and BF2.

When SWBF came out, we had half of the features they promised us.

What's even worse, in a magazine interview, a Pandemic developper qualified SWBF2 as the "game we wanted to make". It simply means that Battlefront was this sort of failed experiment, which it kinda was in the end.

A year later, SWBF2 is going to come out and "they listened to the fans". Had they truly listened to the fans, there would've been more patching for the first version of the game.

Frankly, the announcement that it's going to be released with the DVD (like last time) doesn't make me feel good at all. It could be the same rushed out game it was.

The thing is people have short memories.

Dragon Age isnt going to have Drow/dark elves at all from what I hear...

No but it will have dwarves! [comical reply to your comical reply]

ReEdited my list as new info has surfaced:

Fable for pc

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Dragon Age (thanks Chainz for the reminder)

Empire at War

Battlefront 2

and the wishful thinking:

Jade Empire for pc

Kotor 3

Freedom Force 3

I guess you could put me down for Empire at War as well... it is an RTS if I'm not mistaken, as long as it isn't like Galactic Battlegrounds. ;)

Dragon Age isnt going to have Drow/dark elves at all from what I hear...

That is because if they do then everybody will just play them and forget everything else... because Drow/Dark Elves rule! :D

I so loved the 50% +2% per level Magic Resistance! The freebie spells, and the +2 Dex and Cha! Not to mention the automatically Magical equipment! ;) Drow are just so... :ninja2:

I'm witing for:

Empire at war: It looks like the first decent strategy game in the Star Wars Universe

Company of Heroes (WW2 RTS): If the AI really works out as promised, this game will set a new standard in RTS AI.

KotOR 3: not yet announced, but I really hope for a conclusion of the story. TSL is supposed to be the TESB for KotOR, and in that it succeeded, now give us the "Return of the Jedi" :D

Archived