Home

Mod issues

Robster

Can anyone help me? After adding JA+ and after dowloading a few cool skins, i noticed that when I enter a game as any particular skin, everyone in that game I see as my skin. If in the middle of the game I change skins, and i get killed, when I return to the game every other person that comes into the game, I see as my new skin. In other words I cannot see there own skin or a default Kyle for that matter. I've been told to hit TAB to refresh the screen, but this does not seem to help. Do I need to add the mods to a different folder? Can anyone help? Thank you all.

In Gamedata I have 5 "base" folders which have different things there, but the first "base" folder in the file tree is where I found the mods to work. As far as the mods working they are all there and working. The thing is that everyone in the game that I see is whatver skin I come into the game with.

First of all, the only "base" folder that you should leave is the orginal game's base folder. I don't know where did you get the idea of making several "base" folders.

Make a different folder for each different mod (player models don't count, put them into /base).

The run the game adding this on the command line parameter: +set fs_game "the-mod-you-wanna-play's folder". That's it.

PS: That RGB font thing you did is really a bad idea, most if you are trying to get help. It's irritating.

Update? Did it fix the problem...?

If not there is a menu option that makes it so that all the MP player models are forced to be the same thing. I think it was called Force PlayerModel or something. Turn that off and everything should be normal again. That option is normally set to on if you have a low end system. But even if you don't, its possible it could have been on by default, or maybe you could have changed it yourself, without knowing what it was. Look around in the menus a bit and find it, check it out.

Even so, sometimes I notice JKA starts to get a bit buggy online and makes half the models look like the one I am using (I suspect lag is the problem there... stupid 56k)

Well, who made the 5 base files? You must have installed a mod incorrectly somewhere along the line. There should only be one. The proper base directory should have the Assets pk3 files, along with configuration files... (.CFGs I think)

Whats that command for? If you turn that command on it makes all the models stay the same (as you already know) the reason is simple: it helps keep your RAM free. Every model has to be loaded into the RAM. So this way, only one model will be loaded into the RAM vs. 10 different ones. This just simply helps keep the game running faster.

• 4 months later...

Archived