Home

What would YOUR mind look like in Psychonauts?

...and how would you play it?

I think my mind would be pretty abstract, broken into several "areas".

There's a cutesy, nice, happy zone where all the little animals can dance around and be happy, and nothing evil happens. Then, there's a gateway at one end, since everywhere else expands into infinity. Through that gateway is an odd, artsy, abstract pathway.Twisting gravity-defying paths, spiderweb-like platforms, and from there you can enter the Dark Quadrant, Artistic Quadrant, and one that I'll speak of in the ending.

The dark quadrant would probably be full of, and blocked by, cobwebs, for good reason. It would be an eternal battleground, with corpses all around, showing my crueler side, an odd contrast to the first area. You could probably have to do something related to the other quests here.

The artistic area? Like the gateway, it's completely abstract. You ever seen the painting of the crazy stairs in every direction? That would pretty much be it, except crazier. There would be plenty of cobwebs-I think I'm getting rusty.

Lastly, the pure, demonic area. The part I keep locked up for stories, for the times it's appropriate. Probably the scariest thing most people will thing. Horrible huge monster creatures, giant and small insects all over, bodies impaled and corpses strewn across black fields. There would be a problem here for Raz / whoever to solve. Like some of the happy little happy zone critters getting lost in here.

Not Oly style rescue missions, more like somehow keeping them in a little cage. God only knows what it'd do to most to have to deal with Oly and the Bunnies again.

But this isn't all about mine - post yours, people! :ears1:

Empty.

Hahahahahno. MY mind would be black and white--no shades of gray. None. Crooked lines EVERYWHERE with tons of bits and pieces sticking out everywhere. I like stairs, so there'd be a lot of those--and then BAM! Mood swing, day dream, whatever! Everything changes! Colors! Curves! A very much imagined mental mafia! And it would be raining. All the time. Just like in real life, I think.

But of all of that is stupid anyway so it'd be empty!

EDIT: COBWEBS. THE GROUND WOULD BE MADE OF COBWEBS. =0

A big TV with a buncha video games and videos, put one in and jump into the TV and ya get a visual interpretation of my memories. But somewhere, in a dark cavern in a deep abyss... is a vault labelled "Meat Circus Trauma".

Short version: Cluttered to the point of giving Sasha conniptions.

Long version: It'd probably be the interior of a giant, abandoned mansion (don't ask me why, I just think that). There'd probably be mental cobwebs and boxes labelled "unorganized junk" all over the place. Some rooms would also be very dark and have an echo effect, and some would reflect a story idea I've been working on.

There wouldn't be all that many censors--instead, you'd occasionally be attacked by those random tidbits of completely useless information I have a habit of remembering. They'd probably pop out and put a chokehold on you or something.

You'd also routinely run into characters from whatever story I'm working on. They'll either help or hinder you in whatever it is you're trying to do, depending on their mood and their role in whatever story they're in. Various famous literary figures would probably poke their heads in, too.

Other than that, I have no idea.

Scary...and cluttered...very cluttered. It would be like...the opposite of Sasha's mind. Totally chaotic.

It would be night...entirely, except for in one section. And it would rain a lot.

There'd probably be stuff written all over it...like broken pieces of poems and books and stuff.

And there would be a lot of books stacked up. There'd be a lot of dark colors and shadows.

And water...like an ocean...i luv water.

o yea...somewhere there'd have to be a field of roses.

I LUV ROSES. :)

Well, my friends and I were JUST talking about this the other day, and I actually drew a picture. Mine would be a winding path leading through a city of boxes and suitcases, rather dark and cobwebby. Above the town would be a lot of eyes, which would look straight down, opening and closing, and the player would have to avoid being seen by them. There would be a lot of memory vaults, and the emotional baggage would be hard to find among all the other regular suitcases. At one end of the path would be a giant tower with an eye on top, like Lord of the Rings. At the other end is unknown, but the goal is to get there, and away from the tower. There would be some of my favorite characters from my stories as NPCs. Um... I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but those are the basics. I would need to incorporate video games and books in there somehow. Oh well.

My mind would be a dance club/rave (think that one episode of Samurai Jack, not Milla's mind), full of half-finished pencil drawn people and half finished oekaki'd people. The ceilings would be made of pudding and cheese (think Yin and Yang) and it would smell like melons and sandalwood. Every woman would have ridiculously large breasts and every man would be ridiculously feminine. And they would all be speaking Korean, even the Mexicans.

The colors green, pink, orange, and blue would be everywhere.

My mind would be a dance club/rave (think that one episode of Samurai Jack, not Milla's mind), full of half-finished pencil drawn people and half finished oekaki'd people. The ceilings would be made of pudding and cheese (think Yin and Yang) and it would smell like melons and sandalwood. Every woman would have ridiculously large breasts and every man would be ridiculously feminine. And they would all be speaking Korean, even the Mexicans.

The colors green, pink, orange, and blue would be everywhere.

Psychologist:Hm.. I 've analyzed your mind and... one of us is about to be very rich...

Meheeners:Is it me???

Psychologist:*looks at notbook that says CRAZY*...no.

• 3 weeks later...
My mind will be like the garden of Eden with odd creatures and plants.

I'm working on a upcoming roleplay that the gang will enter my character's mental world.

You should make a whole thread to link us to that roleplay. That is how monumental it is.

My mind would be everything constantly shifting. Nothing would ever look the same or perfect. An object would look perfect on first sight but upon closer inspection it is horridly disfigured. Upon third sight, the object has changed to its exact opposite in all of its perfection.

I did not word that correctly but I guess that's just how it would be.

DarthAve, I am seriously in love with your icon. You really should get a new icon before the I need to pay for a new screen from drooling all over mine.

DarthAve, I am seriously in love with your icon. You really should get a new icon before the I need to pay for a new screen from drooling all over mine.

Gee, thanks. Your pretty much the nicest person ever. I forget where the heck I found it, but I like the icon too. Your's is supr cute also, I <3 rainbow squirts. I'd buy a delicious box of rainbow treats any day.

My mind

First it would be a big room with random information scribbled all over the walls. There would be geometry, quotes, lanquage translations, peoples name and a lot of other stuff. I would be in the room and constantly scribbling stuff on the walls. Of course part of the walls is dripping water, so when I write something on a certain side I will be erase by the water. There would be a couple of floating doors that apear randomly.

One door leads to a black room that has nothing in it except for cobwebs. Behind the cobwebs are empty memory vaults, mental baggage, frozen censor, and a pink door that leads to a closet full of markers and erasers that fall on you when you open it. The second would be a white one with an orange mental baggage purse on it. (The door is sidewase) It goes to room that's totally chaotic with boxes(is everyone's mind like this? It think it's a pattern) inside the boxes are anything from childish toys and pictures of boys. In this room there are two memory vaults titled " Brittany's Family" and "Brittany's Regections."

Back in the first room,the problem in my mind would be that above the place where I write the scribbles there is a platform with an evil version of me representing my anxiety and paranoia. Now it fed of my chaos so the evil me has blocked off my censors. Which means I can't write and there for remember anything. Now in order to get to the evil me there's a big ladder that leads to a door. I can't go up the ladder though because I'm afraid of heights and won't go up there.

Anyway once you go through the door. You come out to a platforms that comes out of the side of a wall. The drop is about 50 feet and it's raining. Then two personal demons fly down and attack anyone who comes up there. One the side of the wall there is an invisible rope that leads to anothe platform. (so many platforms) You go through a red door which lands you back in the same room you were before.

Once you are back in the room. You go down a flight of stairs and make a jump. When you jump, you end up on another platform with the evil me. She turns into a pile of black goo that will rap around you and kill you. The way you defeat her is to light her on fire then hit her. During this she's be like," It's not polite to hit a lady" while beating you up. When she's defeated I'll be able to write and remember stuff.

Things you'll hear or see.

Random stuff you hear

"What's love got to do with it"

"darkness falls will you wall with it"

"You lose"

"I may be an evil chaos eating monster but I have feelings to you know"

The scribbles

"Grand Theft Auto"

Angle a, Angle b, and angle c make ...." erased

"you will not believe what you can't see"

"www.livejournal.com"

"Inuyasaha fanfic children Shinzuku, Litai, and Kiki" (where I got the name)

Me

you "where am I"

me "here"

you "where is here"

me " you will find the answer in the question"

telekinesis

"put me down you know i don't like heights"

pyrokenisis

"ohh the colors"

clairovoyance

What I see

raz "prince"

lili "princess"

milla and sasha "hearts"

What other things see you

mental baggage tag "lost baggage clerk"

mental baggage "airport sign"

markers "artist"

evil me "confidense"

Gee, thanks. Your pretty much the nicest person ever. I forget where the heck I found it, but I like the icon too. Your's is supr cute also, I <3 rainbow squirts. I'd buy a delicious box of rainbow treats any day.

Don't get used to that one. I have about thirty and I change every day. I have three rainbow squirts and they're my favorite of the bunch. Freaky thing is I have a "Rainbow Squirt" doll. They have all the features and look like exact replicas of them. I'll try to put it up if I was more computer elite.

I wish I was as nice as you said I was.

Archived