Home

Sasha

machievelli

There are no combat simulations, and the idea that she can't speak merely means that she speaks haltingly, primarily to the main character. Not speaking a language is not a sign of stupidity, it is a sign of ignorance.

Also, she is at the age where most kids would be learning from the masters and padawan.

As for doing a mod myself, I have ten thumbs on each hand except when I'm writing.

All of us were born with 0 modding skills...it's just a matter of practice to develop those skills. When I first came here, one of my first questions was "how do I install this?" :p (there were no stickies :D )

Modding is not difficult: you simply have to take the time to sit down and look at the files and follow the tutorials. If you get stuck, just ask your questions on the boards and other modders will help you. The first time you make a mod it's certainly longer and you are not too sure but once you are done you will say " what? that was all?"

Of course, there are some things that require a bit more technical knowledge but most of it is accessible to everyone, especially making a recruit mod.

However, concerning Sasha, when we say that she doesn't have animations, if her model is as I think ( I didn't checked) this also means that she won't be able to carry a lightsaber: she will just stand there and still do damage but you wont see the lightsaber or any movement.

• 4 years later...
Part of why i was told for why we can't do the mod I wanted was because of no fight sims for someone that size, but we have a sullustan in TSL, can the data be transferred regarding height?

I do believe the "Child" Models do have animations, its just that the weapons won't show up (at least the lightsabers won't, as far as I know). I do believe that I tried most of the special attacks(Flurry, Critical, etc) when I wore a disguise item during the fight against Malak(featured in a POTD on KOTORFiles).

I could check again, if you wish.

Don't say anything about bringing something from TSL into K1 or visa versa because that is called porting. Unless you want your thread to be closed, I suggest you don't say anything about it.

I'm not sure about the animations, I've seen screenshots of children in the Korriban Expansion Mod for TSL wielding Lightsabers. Yet that is in TSL...

If you could find someone willing, they might be able to add combat animations with lightsabers... perhaps using the "Yoda" model (that's what KotOR calls it) and all he can do is use the power attack... adding more animations would take a hell of a lot of time... it may even take as long as a year or more... (I have no clue, because I'm not skilled at all with animations or anything of the such... so I really dunno. >.< All I can really do is is make scripts fire and edit dialogue...

What if somebody could take a regular npc, a female that is, shrink the body down to about the size of a child, and remodel the head some or even swap it entirely with a child's head. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the animations.

I don't need to be making hope for this though because I don't know jack about modeling, leave it to an expert.

What I did for my Korriban Mod for TSL...you need to add the necessary helpers/hooks to the child model ie. lightsaber hook, hand hooks, etc..and basically create a new child model. The existing child model does have adequate combat animations but may not have all like the pc animations.

Archived