Home

Light or Dark

DarkMe

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, about the "nice, kind old Sith", the fact is, there isn't one. Maybe you would show a false face to someone, but in that case they wouldn't think of you as a Sith. A real Sith is not kind inside. That is probably why I always play LS, I just can't do all these evil things because that is the way I am.

And I never understood that quote. "Only a Sith deals in absolutes"? I just don't get that, when somebody says anything (Absolutely LS) they are saying an absolute, right? And what about the statement itself, it is an absolute in that case.

Both with Kotor I and II I played with LS first but then tried with DS as well (oh the temptation :snake1: ), and it's quite satisfying either way, tho I agree with those who wrote that the DS side is more thuggish than lordish... Kotor 2 DS playthrough still remains, let's see how can I influence Visas this time :trooper:

If "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" then Obi Wan is a Sith by virtue of claiming that "...Palpatine is evil!" as good and evil are of course absolutes. But why would you want to sully Star Wars dialogue by submitting it to a test of logic? :D

I'm a light-sider myself, though i often take the fear/horror/insanity course instead of stun/stasis/stasis field, since horror affects multiple enemies at 6th level rather than having to wait for stasis field at 15th, and also has a longer duration.

i definitely agree that being yelled at by my party members prevents me from wanting to go DS most of the time, and though my female pc sure did look sexxxy when she first fell to the darkside, she got reeeeeeeeeeal ugly by the end of the game. Most of the dark side powers are meh anyway; Plague and Force Kill aren't worth the time it takes to get to them, and Force Storm makes the game pretty boring when every fight is composed of FORCE STORM FORCE STORM FORCE STORM FORCE STORM.

though i did like Force Crush (since it does what i THOUGHT Kill would do), I'd rather have Force Enlightenment, which is by far my favorite power in the game.

Btw those who say that LS is weak should play against my LS Jedi Guardian/Jedi Weapon Master with max Speed, Force Armor, Master Battle Meditation, Force Immunity etc... and have Master Lightsaber throw and Force Wave (btw Force Wave is teh greatness), noone could stop her by the end ;]

I always Do Light side stuff first, (Play too Many Paladins in too many games)

But then I of course run through as a Darksider as well to get

the feel from it as well. And Lets face it...Most times traveling the

dark side just easier!

But we all know that, Yoda told us!

Grey or Light, But when I do want to unleash hell I will dabble in the mire that is the dark side.

i like the fact you unleash ur full power when ur on the darkside, but u shud be on the darkside all time untill u feel board then just switch to light, that way you get to play more of the game.

I think from my avatar you can tell its the darkside all the way.I have tried the light side but i get bored and have to destroy things and people. :mauls:

i like ur style, u sound like an opponent that i jus may want to vs.

my message to all lightsiders is:

i am plague of darkness that spreads all over, i contaminate the light like a uncurable disease, there is no light at the end of the tunel just more darkness, i draw strength from lightside mother****ers by stealing their puny ass lives. i am a virus that can never be detected, when u step to my side of force, there is no coming back

Hey Darth Swish, next time, combine all of those posts instead of putting 5 posts in a row. There is an edit button at the lower right corner of your posts, there you can change things.

Oh yeah, and why go DS until you get bored and go LS? Why not just go LS until you get bored and go DS, it works the same way. It is not better just to DS first.

• 2 months later...

I always play LS. But i'm a bit unorthodox since I choose the LS dialogue and stuff, but then I spend most of my Force Power Points on DS powers (mainly lighting, grip, destroy droid - all of the (multiple) attack ones, not any of the debilitating ones), then spend the rest on LS, and I always choose heal asap for force powers. I must just like electrical storms! :D

@ Spawn: I'm your total opposite :) i can only play LS. I did in Neverwinter Nights, Kotor 1&2, and recently Fable :p

I also spend much points into lightning and grip, since it's much more efficient then any light-side power. Also, combined with a high Charisma and Wisdom, the penalty ain't that bad at all :)

I play all ways...male and female, LS and DS. Then I add mods and do it again. I have played every permutation there is. What's really cool about these games is for each way you play there are more details to discover. I have to say that DS is more fun, but LS is more of a challenge. It's much easier to get experience and alignment points playing DS. Another interesting thing is that these games actually make me feel bad for doing DS things. You can get totally immersed in these games. I tried playing neutral once, but I found it uninteresting and there was no prestige class.

Quoted from laziness.

LS to start usually.

But, I love to experience falling to the darkside.

Makes me feel naughty.

The first time i play Kotor I II and maybe some day III i will always play the game as i think i really am. So in the game i react different from time to time and in Kotor I i end up with beeing a gray jedi nearer to the light side.

After that i play totally Dark and totally Light.

But i always learn certain force powers which i really love like force kill, force lightning (not storm.. i dont like the storm animation) force wave and master speed. IMO it matters how u use your forcepowers...no matter if they are DS or LS.

I enjoy playing DS but not because i want to feel evil but because it is so funny to play DS with all the comments from HK-47. Bioware/obisidan introduced creative ways to be an evil killer ! :thumbsup:

Archived