Home

Light or Dark

DarkMe

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Propaganda! :xp:

I usually do LS first then DS, DS is more fun in the sense that you can do whatever you want but LS is more fun because you have that warm fuzzy feeling inside you saying you did something good :)

I only do DS if I want that uber mega strong evil feeling inside me :darth:

the first time thru i just make the choices that i would actually make, instead of always looking for the most light/dark points. following this strategy i came out as a Lightsider in Kotor and TSL. Then i'll play a darkside game, so i can see what the other ending is, try the darkside versions of quests, and in TSL try out Hanharr. every other time i play thru after that is lightside

I would like to play DS more, but I think DS is flawed from a storyline point of view - I don't think a Sith would go around making conversation with people, and trying to play while thinking "what would a Sith do" means you miss a lot of sidequests and dialogue with NPCs. Like someone said above you also end up being more of a thug than a Sith. It's also hard to believe a Sith and Mira or Disciple can be in the same ship without a fight breaking out, especially since you can't really seduce them to DS so they don't complain when you kill people.

I only ever play DS in KOTOR 1 because there you can go LS for most of the game, and then start going DS after you know the truth on the Leviathan and then finally snap on the Rakatan temple roof. It makes sense, and is actually why I like the "one decision decides all" approach to LS / DS in KOTOR 1, as opposed to the more gradual approach in TSL.

I have played both games as light and dark and I have come to the same conclusion for both. The conclusion is the same as nas77, namely:

I would like to play DS more, but I think DS is flawed from a storyline point of view - I don't think a Sith would go around making conversation with people, and trying to play while thinking "what would a Sith do" means you miss a lot of sidequests and dialogue with NPCs. Like someone said above you also end up being more of a thug than a Sith.

This I agree with. Both games are written with a LS base and then added DS responses to encounters and dialogues (even more apparent in TSL). Playing DS never felt like I was really playing dark. But playing LS indeed felt like a Jedi on a quest.

Then in TSL the DS storyline is even more full of holes than the LS. It doesn't make sense and it gets annoying. The in-game reasoning for going DS is... just... badly written... I could even go so far as saying stupid (but that could probably be just a matter of taste).

It's also hard to believe a Sith and Mira or Disciple can be in the same ship without a fight breaking out, especially since you can't really seduce them to DS so they don't complain when you kill people.

This also is very annoying in TSL, because of the influence. At least in K1 there was no influence so the characters always spoke their mind. But in TSL even with full DS INF they will still feel sorry for people you kill and berate you. They do have a DS response in dialogue once or twice but other than that, the INF meter is nothing more than that - a meter.

I would like to play DS more, but I think DS is flawed from a storyline point of view - I don't think a Sith would go around making conversation with people, and trying to play while thinking "what would a Sith do" means you miss a lot of sidequests and dialogue with NPCs. Like someone said above you also end up being more of a thug than a Sith. It's also hard to believe a Sith and Mira or Disciple can be in the same ship without a fight breaking out, especially since you can't really seduce them to DS so they don't complain when you kill people.

Interestingly they have included a way to convert Mira and Disciple to dark jedi if you have enough influence as a darksider. I found this out because I have a mod that grants me influence. I wonder why they did that? You shouldn't be able to convert them at all if playing as a darksider, considering that you lose influence with them when you do DS stuff.

Interestingly they have included a way to convert Mira and Disciple to dark jedi if you have enough influence as a darksider. I found this out because I have a mod that grants me influence. I wonder why they did that? You shouldn't be able to convert them at all if playing as a darksider, considering that you lose influence with them when you do DS stuff.

Yeah I know, it's rubbish. If I do play as DS I always make sure I get influence with Handmaiden and turn her into a dark jedi (I think she looks better DS than LS, but maybe that's just me). When she decides to learn the ways of the Force she can even agree to "following a stronger, darker path", or something, and you are told she's a "dark jedi guardian." But she still bangs on about the sanctity of life every time I kill someone! Arrrrgh. Talk about an unruly apprentice.

Yeah I know, it's rubbish. If I do play as DS I always make sure I get influence with Handmaiden and turn her into a dark jedi (I think she looks better DS than LS, but maybe that's just me). When she decides to learn the ways of the Force she can even agree to "following a stronger, darker path", or something, and you are told she's a "dark jedi guardian." But she still bangs on about the sanctity of life every time I kill someone! Arrrrgh. Talk about an unruly apprentice.

Ugh, in KOTOR 3 they need to make it so that this:

http://chugworth.scribblekid.org/comic.php?id=171

won't happen. If I'm making someone evil, I want them to react evilly. If I'm making someone good, I want them to react good...illy... >.>

Which side do you most like playing

on the 'LightSide of the Force' or on the 'DarkSide of the Force'??

I like playing on the DarkSide of the Force it's really satisfing!!

(like being Evil :naughty: )

I think from my avatar you can tell its the darkside all the way.I have tried the light side but i get bored and have to destroy things and people. :mauls:

I play as both but I think the problem is there isn't enough variety between the two. Sure you get a different ending for DS and LS but the quests are the same or similar. It would be cool if in KOTOR III you only got certain quests if you were DS, the same goes for LS. Also it would be neat to have cretain planets and storylines only open to DS or LS characters. I know TSL had some of that were you could only get Hanharr if you were DS and influence was gained with some only through DS actions, but I would like to see a big difference between being DS and LS. Being an enlightened Jedi in tune with the force is a hell of alot different than being a twisted, corrupt evil bastard.

Archived