Home

Light or Dark

DarkMe

The DarkSide is much more POWERFULL than the light

when you are Dark you have the most and the most

Powerfull Powers!!! Lightning, crush, drain, kill...... and the

list goes on and on.......

(light is nothing)

Only if you equate hurting people with power.

It doesn't matter. It all depends on how you use them.
I see. So you are frying people to help them. I'm sure they will thank you in their next life...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I play as both but I think the problem is there isn't enough variety between the two. Sure you get a different ending for DS and LS but the quests are the same or similar. It would be cool if in KOTOR III you only got certain quests if you were DS, the same goes for LS. Also it would be neat to have cretain planets and storylines only open to DS or LS characters. I know TSL had some of that were you could only get Hanharr if you were DS and influence was gained with some only through DS actions, but I would like to see a big difference between being DS and LS. Being an enlightened Jedi in tune with the force is a hell of alot different than being a twisted, corrupt evil bastard.

I totally agree with you. It really does make sense, playing each side does have different goals (or should at any rate) and this should be reflected in actions and quests. However, that being said, I hope they do make a better way to be dark in K3 other than just being an a-hole.

I see. So you are frying people to help them. I'm sure they will thank you in their next life...

In the words of Kyle Katarn: "No power is inherently good or evil. It's how you use them." e.g. there's nothing evil about using Force Lightning to kill a Sith who's about to slaughter someone else.

In the words of Kyle Katarn: "No power is inherently good or evil. It's how you use them." e.g. there's nothing evil about using Force Lightning to kill a Sith who's about to slaughter someone else.

That may be true in general, but for the purpose of these two games, it's a dark side power, it's labeled as such, it costs less to use it when you are dark side, and if you are using the auto-level option you don't even get the power unless you are dark side.

That being said, the urge/need/want to use a violent power like force lightning to crush your enemies is a dark side feeling. You can fall to the dark side crushing enemies with glee and enjoyment, no matter your original alignment. OK, maybe not in these two games but in the rest of the SW universe.

"I'd like to buy force lightning, please!"

"That'd be 30 bucks...You don't look evil, so um...That'd be 50 bucks."

"Noooo!!"

*Fries salesman*

"Now that was great! You'll get it for 10 bucks!"

I prefer lightside, in TSL it's just impossible to be mean to T3-M4, he/she/it sounds so sad all the time.

Please remember the most important rule about the force as an old wise one once stated: :D

"A jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense. NEVER for attack."

Although Force push could arguably be considered an attack, it is not a malicious attempt to kill, maim, or permanently harm another being. This is the only power that Lucas himself can see a light jedi using frequently. All dark side powers cause injury and death. Lucas himself has said that light jedi do not use these powers due to the temptation and lust for power that it can bring about.

Please remember the most important rule about the force as an old wise one once stated: :D

"A jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense. NEVER for attack."

Although Force push could arguably be considered an attack, it is not a malicious attempt to kill, maim, or permanently harm another being. This is the only power that Lucas himself can see a light jedi using frequently. All dark side powers cause injury and death. Lucas himself has said that light jedi do not use these powers due to the temptation and lust for power that it can bring about.

Right on Blaze629.

Also I like to play as a dark consellor/Sith Lord. I don't have Lord at the front of my name for nothing. Hopefully they will have more options to corrupt people in KOTOR III. It was fun to turn Atton to the dark side. Plus that's what Sith Lords do corrupt people and then use them to carry out their plans of galatic domination. Thats what Sidious did with Anaken/Vader and that is where the fun is.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I know, it's rubbish. If I do play as DS I always make sure I get influence with Handmaiden and turn her into a dark jedi (I think she looks better DS than LS, but maybe that's just me). When she decides to learn the ways of the Force she can even agree to "following a stronger, darker path", or something, and you are told she's a "dark jedi guardian." But she still bangs on about the sanctity of life every time I kill someone! Arrrrgh. Talk about an unruly apprentice.

This is the biggest problem in TSL, though it was not much better in K1. It was actually worse, because nobody really cared if you were DS and nobody said anything, even though you looked like a zombie. In K2, even some non-party members comment on your face.

Now, what they should do in K2 is to change their responses when you turn them to the dark side. That would solve everything. It would be possible to make a mod like this. We would need the same voice actors however, which we sadly cannot get.

Absolutely light side. Dark side might have more "powerful powers", DarkMe, but as Prime said, that is only if you equate hurting people with power. Lightside powers are powerful too, they aren't nothing-what about Heal? It heals you with a lot of vitality points and cures poison. Drain Life doesn't do that, not to mention that DL is variable on how much you get depending on how good the enemy is, AND you have to be in combat to use it. How about Force Enlightenment? Or Statis Field, makes everybody stunned and helpless?

I agree that force powers are only how you use it to a certain point, although I am not sure Crushing Sith is exactly lightside, but then again, is slicing somebody's head off with a lightsaber lightside:lol:.

Also, Valor, Speed, Armor, and others gives you a tremendous amount of power to your self, because as far as power: Dark Side hurts other people, Light Side gives yourself power- simply put, you could say that Dark Side: damage, Light Side: buffs. I would probably take the "buffs" because even if you can Crush a ton of people, it doesn't matter if they are good lightsaber fighters and get to you finally. Doesn't matter one bit, because if the only thing you can do is hurt them and do nothing for yourself, then they will tear you up. That is why you are going to need some lightside powers to increase your own abilities.

Oh, and by the way, the Dark Side is about being arrogant and greedy, but it is about being an @$$ too (well, it depends what you consider being an A$$)... And it is about being cruel, Sith are self-centered, who ever heard of a nice, kind old Sith?

Absolutely light side.

:xp: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes!" - Obi-Wan

Oh, and by the way, the Dark Side is about being arrogant and greedy, but it is about being an @$$ too (well, it depends what you consider being an A$$)... And it is about being cruel, Sith are self-centered,

Only your idea of the Dark side... but that is a topic for another thread. :)

who ever heard of a nice, kind old Sith?

It all depends on what 'face' you want to show other people, you can win far more dedicated minions by playing the kinder gentler person, you have to lay out planned events to make your "freinds" see things your way so when you finally reveal yourself as a Lord of the Sith your companions will be confident in that they know who you are, and are loyal to your cause which has now become their cause too, it takes a ton of time and effort to pull this off, but it is worth it in the long run... ;)

"If your people fear you they will merely fight for you, but if they love you they will die for you!" :D

I've always played in the 'Grey' area, sort of bending a bit towards light or dark depending which way is faster to get Nihilus to send Visas and so I can do the Korri tomb.

and Extream... you dont make any sense...

Favorite Combination for me: protection, force immunity, and SPAM LIGHTNING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I usually play as the LS because, like Bastila said earlier, I don't like it when Carth or someone yells at you. Besides, I beat the game using LS force powers easily and when I played as DS, I couldn't get past all the Dark Jedi in the last level.

Archived