Home

Hurricane Katrina

Darth Andrew

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, i've been keeping up with this.

Was watching Fox News earlier, and shepard smith was on location. He went up to this guy and said, "Hey, what are you still doing here? I'm just curious. I'm with Fox news."

The guy just says, "It's none of your f***ing buisness."

On live television, no bleep.

There have also been reports that local meteorologists are saying "Get the hell out." and that it will be "Catastrophic".

Yeah, i've been keeping up with this.

Was watching Fox News earlier, and shepard smith was on location. He went up to this guy and said, "Hey, what are you still doing here? I'm just curious. I'm with Fox news."

The guy just says, "It's none of your f***ing buisness."

On live television, no bleep.

There have also been reports that local meteorologists are saying "Get the hell out." and that it will be "Catastrophic".

Damn, that doesn't sound good at all.

Baton down the hatches muther ****er! >__>

Good luck to all in Katrina's way.

I live about 2 hours west of New Orleans.

We are going to get winds of about 30-35 mph with possible gust of up to 60. Plus, we'll get alot of rain.

Good thing about where I live, Its above sea level.

Man, New Orleans is having bad luck with Hurricans lately.

Latest coverage from weather.com.

While not the worst case scenario for New Orleans, Katrina rocked the city Monday morning. A levee in New Orleans was been breached sending 3 to 8 feet of water into the 9th Ward area of the city. Wind gusts to 86 mph were reported at the Lake Front Airport before they stopped sending observations. Significant structural damage has been reported in New Orleans due to Katrina. The eyewall of the hurricane, where the strongest winds, largest surge and wave are, remained just east of the city. Areas east of New Orleans in Louisana and along the Mississippi coast were hit hardest. The Weather Channel's storm tracker Jim Cantore reported a storm surge of at least 27 feet in Gulfport, Mississippi as the eye of Katrina approached.

It's over, for the most part, but we haven't received a death toll yet. :(

The levee broke, the US now has a Lake Orleans; 80% of the entire city is under water. There's going to be about 200,000 people without homes now. 200,000 people...man...that's horrible. I hope they don't try to pump out all the water out of Orleans; we tried to fight nature and we lost. To do it again would only be tempting fate.

I just heard on CNN that they only have 2 confirmed deaths in New Orleans. With the number of people that stayed, that number should rise. The fact they only have 2 confirmed deaths shows just how bad it is. They can't even get to certain areas to seach. Horrible. :(

Mississippi has hundreds confirmed dead. The bad thing is they can't even get the bodies out because of the water. This is just horrible.

I fell horrible for the people that lost everything. Theres an area in New Orleans called the 9th Ward. Basically, its the low income housing area. The really bad thing is the 9th Ward was one of the hardest hit areas. I fell really sorry for these people. Many people from the area are now homeless. Actually, much of the housing in there is government funded. They really lost everthing. :(

well i was down living in that area of ground zero 2 months ago and just recently moved 100 miles north.. so far it is going to take NO 2 weeks to pump the water out of the entire city and another 2 MONTHS to restore power to the city.. mississippi where i am from was hit just as bad if not worse, and out of the 40+ ppl i tried to call in those areas yesterday only 1 has replied,,, the rest are stuck in the stone age with no power phone gas water or food. the one i did happen to get aholt of in the hattiesburg region told me that the city was pounded bad and she was stuck inside her house due to the multiple trees that uprooted and blocked all her passageways out of the house and the powerlines zapping her vehicle... i tried to call them all back again today still a system busy error with cell phones and regular house phones... so there is no attempting to touch those in this area for at least a few more days....

the water is constantly rising in N.O. also- they have called for the entire town to be evacuated now and that it will take a month now to get the water out. They are trying to patch the 500 foot hole in the levee in lake Ponchartrain but it is not working... they are also saying if the water rises a few more feet then it will take out the cities water system also. as of right now we have a 6th great lake. But just as bad we in Mississippi got hit just as bad if not worse. They are actually marking houses with red paint from where they find bodies and going on to the next one to see if there are survivors anywhere to be rescued. 80% of my state is without power right now- luckily i am in the 20% that does.. a very sad week indeed for my fellow citizens here and in louisiana.

Archived