Home

Hurricane Katrina

Darth Andrew

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know, just making clarification on the whole "what is looting, what is not".

I think taking anything but food and water is kinda stupid. Save for maybe a machete, never know when you might need a machete.

Axes, batteries, radios, ect. are fine. As well as anything that wouldn't last in extreme water conditions.

I think taking anything but food and water is kinda stupid. Save for maybe a machete, never know when you might need a machete.

I mean, what's with the guys carrying out big-screen TV's? Don't they know there's no where to plug them in? Not to mention when they're forced to evacuate, you can't take it with you...

A lot of people are takings shoes and clothes, which I guess is alright, because there's no place to clean yours and you can't wear clothes covered in sewage and god knows what else is in the water.

Barly hit me, now I feel bad after watching TV.

Hmmm, yeah, they were robbing gun stores, and peoples house. I saw a dude taking a TV out someones house. People were walking out of other homes with stuff too, most likley stealing. Its just sad that they are making the problem worse for others. A TV isn't going to help you survive, nor is a gun.

You know who would actually be really helpfull right now?

Captain Planet.

No, seriously, remember in the theme song? "Looting and polluting is not the way!"

And he could move all the water and fix the levees and everything.

Man, I suddenly relalised that Captain Planet does have some use afterall. o_o

Unfortunately, nearly all of my favorite bands hail from NOLA. So, naturally I hope all of those guys are alright. Not that I wish any ill on the rest of the residents of that fine hedonistic metropolis, but said residents have failed at entertaining me for years and years (not counting of course the drunken-boobs-for-beads women during Mardi Gras). So, the bands rank a little higher on my scale of importance.

Well, some people weren't really capable of evacuating, sick / elderly, the homeless or poor.

Those people I feel sorry for. But most of the people you see floating dead in the water are the same idiots that told reporters "didn't have gas money" or some such bs.

And the logistics of evacuating over 1million people in a week?

People have done it before, the evacuation of some japanese cities after the bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

I Just don't find "we didn't have gas money" to be that good of an excuse.

You can walk, walk. Hell most of the people saying they had no gas money are the people that really should walk.

it takes approximately 10 hours to evacuate N.O. during a hurricane, and it takes at least 3 just to get over the I-10 bridge there and it is only a few miles long long...many of times i have seen highway 59 deadlocked for miles in both directions with cars moving maybe 5 mph. for the most part a class 5 hurricane usually depresses into a 3 before it reaches land... these ppl have been through these kind of storms for decades. From me living in this area I can say most did have a chance to evacuate in time because the streets are so twisted the entire town was in gridlock and only the outskirts were able to reach safety. The inner city are so poor most of them were trapped and could do nothing but ride it out. Everyone knew it was a serious thing.. but if you have ever been to N.O. you would know that 60 percent of the city is a slum and just did not have the money to properly prepare themselves for something of this magnitude. At least once they get Lake Orleans to drain ppl might be able to return to some of there homes... There is no returning to homes on the MS gulf coast becuase it is not there anymore, we took the hardest hit because we are above sea level, N.O. pretty much just got flooded by the Lake Pontchartrain. Honestly I think it is pretty selfish to call ppl stupid or morons because it would be an entire different story and words coming out if you were one of the ones caught in it- and dont say it wouldnt happen because that is exactly what these ppl thought also.

Honestly I think it is pretty selfish to call ppl stupid or morons because it would be an entire different story and words coming out if you were one of the ones caught in it

You think wrong.

Remind me exactly how being poor means you can't walk to a safe location?

And I have been to New Orleans. Many, many times.

I'm with Sith on this one, they were warned. And with the rioting and chaos going on now, the mayor needs to declare martial law or something similar. There are rescue workers being fired upon, cops being shot. If I was in charge, I'd tell the law enforcement officers and national guard to fire at will.

Archived