Home

Any Eragon Fans out there??

Hey all,

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who have read and enjoyed Eragon/Eldest. At the moment, I'm about half-way through Eldest and I can't believe Eragon is being such a fool. Anyway, I may just be talking to thin air. If any of you liked the book, LET ME KNOW!!!

Oh, and this isn't the only place I post FanFiction.

If you think Eragon rocks, check this out:

http://fanfiction.shurtugal.com/

The penname's AryaGirl147, if you don't mind.

I hope this isnt considered spam as i'm new here...

Alright, first of all, its very LOTR-like. If you like Lord of the Rings (which you obviously do) then you'll like Eragon as well. It's got all that mid-evil magic, swords, dragons, elves, and dwarves and all that stuff.

Here's the back-of-the-book summary:

One boy...

One dragon...

A world of adventure.

When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy; perhaps it will buy his family meat for the winter. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself.

Over night his simple life is shattered, and he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of an Empire ruled by a king who's evil knows no bounds.

Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands...

The book is actually Book One of the Inheritance trilogy. So far, book two has been released, entitled Eldest.

Tell me if you would like to know more about it. It's very good, and I don't think the summary really does it any justice.

Oh, and you may need to know that the author is Christopher Paolini. That could help a lot, eh? lol

Well, good luck with that.

• 1 year later...

*bump*

I know it's been a year since this thread has been active. But, I'd prefer not to make another thread about this, if there is another one.

Anyway, I just started reading this book. Mainly because I heard that a movie was being made. Also, my buddy and mom have read it. And so far, about 130 pages in, I enjoy it. And like FFWM said, it's like Lord of the Rings, and there is three books.

Here are some links to some stuff about it.

Movie Trailer

Author's Site

I totally recommend checking out this book.

It is a lot like LotR. Too much, by my tastes, and some of the trailer [for the movie] looks really cheesy IMO.

But enough with the criticism. The books are brilliant, especially since the first one was only written when he was 15. The plot itself, however, brilliant though it may be, lacks originality (it heavily borrows story concepts from the Star Wars films. And the names, oh the names! Eragon = Aragorn, Arya = Arwen. very original...).

Mildly off topic, I likes your new av Commander.

But enough with the criticism. The books are brilliant, especially since the first one was only written when he was 15. The plot itself, however, brilliant though it may be, lacks originality (it heavily borrows story concepts from the Star Wars films. And the names, oh the names! Eragon = Aragorn, Arya = Arwen. very original...).

Yes, that's true. And some of the characters are similar to Lord of the Rings. Like, Gandalf = Brom, Raz'ac = Ringwraiths (in a way), Eragon = Frodo, in some way or an other, but there not going to be destroying any kind of rings, as far as I know of. But, the book is still a great read.

Though, Jeremy Irons wasn't the "Brom" I pictured.

Mildly off topic, I likes your new av Commander.

Ah, yes. I easy get over-hyped when I movie comes out that I want to see. There is a few I want to see coming out soon too. Like the Prestige and Stormbreaker, and the Departed.

Well, yeah, i love Eragon, my bro has read the two books already, and i'm at still about 100 pages or so. :xp:

The movie sounds great except that they changed the Urgals to some pansy red clothed soldiers, Arya should have her hair black i think, and so should Eragon i believe.

Its says nothing bout eragons hair being black... Movie look good but the guy who play brom just isnt brom...

The movie sounds great except that they changed the Urgals to some pansy red clothed soldiers

Urgals (<--Click me)

Those are the Urgals I believe. According to the trailer. I've always pictured them as massive-sized Uruk-Hai.

Arya should have her hair black i think, and so should Eragon i believe.

Arya's is black. (The actress who plays Arya looks kinda attactive :p) But, it doesn't say anything about Eragon's hair being black.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the male who has the black hair and a bow, who is with Eragon, is Murtagh, right?

Urgals (<--Click me)

Those are the Urgals I believe. According to the trailer. I've always pictured them as massive-sized Uruk-Hai.

Arya's is black. (The actress who plays Arya looks kinda attactive :p) But, it doesn't say anything about Eragon's hair being black.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the male who has the black hair and a bow, who is with Eragon, is Murtagh, right?

Those Urgals look more like muscular man with a bunch of paintings and tatoos, they should be kickass monsters like Paolini pictures them. Arya's hair colour in the movie seems to alternate from black to blonde and vice-versa. Must be from the lighting. And yes, the guy is Murtagh, Garrett Hedlund.

The trailer looks great, can't wait for between 25-30 December, Christmas and Birthday! Eragon debuts here in Portugal at Christmas. :p

Archived