X-Men 1 and 2

Ace Ventura 1 and 2

Liar, Liar

Dumb and Dumber

Bruce Almighty

Office Space

Interview with the Vampire

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

....that's all I can think of at the moment.

Aye, it's a good movie. You hear they're remaking it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425320/

Rumor is Nicholas Cage will be play Daesu, which would blow ass.

Ugh, yeah I heard. I seriously doubt any good will come of the remake and I also doubt Nick Cage can handle a role like Dae-su.

The original is perfect for me even WITH subtitles. They are going to butcher this movie.

oh why oh why????? Nich Cage will overact that to death...

--

I'll ignore all the usual films like SW and LOTR and list a few more unusual ones I love.

Action:

- Hardboiled (back when John Woo was good)

- New Dragon Gate Inn - violent predecessor to Crouching Tiger

- Ong-Bak - OK, so the guy ISNT the new bruce lee, but he kicks ass anyway

Romance:

- My Sassy Girl (excellent korean rom-com)

Drama:

- Lost in Translation - bill murry = genius

- Oldboy - Awesomeness

- Twilight Samurai - cool realistic samurai drama

- Dazed and Confused - cool "day in the life" drama set in 70s

- Miller's Crossing - Cohen brothers take on gangster genre

Comedy:

- Withnail & I - depressing but quotable UK comedy

- My Wife is a Gangster - funny korean action comedy

Other:

- My Neighbour Totoro - awesome family animation

- Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind - stunning anime adventure

other than that i'm drawing a complete..... Blank!!

I like way too many movies to list, but I like alot of the older off the wall comedy movies, Airplane, The Naked Gun 1, 22 and a 1/2, and 33 and a 1/3, etc, etc.

Other than that, basically the usual suspects, a few I didn't see mentioned would be So I Married An Axe Murderer, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, The Rundown, Walking Tall, ummmmm, that's all I can think of right now.

I like way too many movies to list, but I like alot of the older off the wall comedy movies, Airplane, The Naked Gun 1, 22 and a 1/2, and 33 and a 1/3, etc, etc.

Other than that, basically the usual suspects, a few I didn't see mentioned would be So I Married An Axe Murderer, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, The Rundown, Walking Tall, ummmmm, that's all I can think of right now.

You should chec out Top Secret then, it's an instant classic starring Val Kilmer. I beleive it was made by the makers of Airplane and The Naked Gun, so I assume you'll like it.

toms you have quite excellent taste ;) one of my favorite flicks, now if i could only scrounge a Criterion copy of The Killer as well for less than 200-300 bucks.

Have you got the Hong Kong Legends UK (R2) release? Its not perfect, but its pretty good... and HKL (almost) always seem to get the best out of old Hong Kong films as well as doing some pretty great extras...

I'm still trying to scrounge a decent copy of Hardboiled for a decent price...

You should chec out Top Secret then, it's an instant classic starring Val Kilmer. I beleive it was made by the makers of Airplane and The Naked Gun, so I assume you'll like it.

I forgot about that one, I love that movie as well, only seen it once though, so I don't remember that much about it, except that astro had a pic from it :D

It'd be worth seeing if you could multiregion your player (95% are dead easy, just enter the code you look up on the web). Just seen Virgin megastarores in the UK are doing a John Woo boxset of the HKL special editions of The Killer, Once a Thief and Bullet in the Head for £12.99. I think I might nab that at that price even if I do alread have the killer.. and flog that on ebay.

also: LOTR, SW, Grosse Point Blank, Enter the Dragon, Police Story 1-3, The Killer, A Better Tomorrow, Hero, Crouching Tiger, Rumble in the Bronx, Almost Famous, The Quick and the Dead, Fistfull of Dollars, Good, Bad & Ugly, Big Lebowski, Spirited Away, Ghost in the Shell, Hellboy, Some like it hot, Drive, They Live, The Grudge, Lady Snowblood, Nightmare on Elm St, Clerks, Holy Grail, The Terminator, Aliens, Die Hard, Silmido, Failan, etc..

C'mon, what's not to like about it!

Hmm. Terrible Plot. Worse Script. Bad acting. Spawned TWO god-awful tv series. Worst kind of "kids save the day" by-the-numbers hollywood movie. Though thats not surprising as its by the guys who did Independence Day and Godzilla. Still, i suppose its better than those two. Just.

Its production design was ok though i guess, though the SFX were rather ropey in places.

Hmm. Terrible Plot. Worse Script. Bad acting. Spawned TWO god-awful tv series. Worst kind of "kids save the day" by-the-numbers hollywood movie. Though thats not surprising as its by the guys who did Independence Day and Godzilla. Still, i suppose its better than those two. Just.

Its production design was ok though i guess, though the SFX were rather ropey in places.

Oh well, I liked it (Not keen on Godzilla, Independence day was allrightish though). Each to their own i suppose...

I also like the TV show..... *Runs*

Archived