Home

Your "the story so far..."

Crunchy in milk

A lot of threads so far are understandably focused on what we want in any possible sequel... with people throwing ideas forward based on the assumption that they way they played Kotor, and Kotor 2 was 'the best' or that we all did it the same way!...

I'd love to hear a little about everyones best runs through of KI and KII, as a lead in to KIII...

I can't be the only one who's played through the games many different ways but to start the ball rolling:

In Kotor, I really enjoyed playing Revan as female. Ambitious, a bit ruthless and unforgiving but still light side aligned. I certainly *didnt* romance Carth, he was carrying far too much baggage still for anything mutually enjoyable to occur. I saved Bastilla, but only for practical reasons (the republic will need her BM power) though I sorely wanted to help her reach the natural conclusion for her weakness.

In Kotor II I preferred playing the Exile as Male, focusing on chasing down information about Revan in order to follow her, rather than the lackluster threat of hungry-vampire-jedi. I stayed light side aligned and saw in The Last Handmaiden and particularly Visas, a reflection of my naive hero worship for Revan (so no nookie there either). I resolved to follow Revan to the Unknown Reasons both to aid her as I will always (she's a genius after all) and to wonder if I'll ever be worthy of more personal attention from her.

How did you play I & II?

Even though TSL is incomplete and full of plot holes, TSL makes more sense to me if K1's Revan was a DS male. Conversations with Kreia, even if you chose the LS option, just make Revan sound like a DS male. And it makes sense to me that if a jedi turned from war and had to leave for some years to get his or her head together (reflect) that jedi would be LS even if only marginally. So for me the story would be K1 DS male and K2 LS gender doesn't matter.

How do I actually play? I play all permutations I can. Each game I just play whatever I feel like at the time.

Here's my story so far:

In KOTOR 1, Revan was a Light Side male. A good person, unselfish, tolerant, honest, brave and so on. Bastila didn't like me at all, I tolerated her and the Council's crimes against me. At least she felt guilty when she saw that I was an ultimate Light Sider. I tried to cut off the bond on the Temple, but that didn't happen. I defeated Bastila, spared her and told her that I loved her. When I defeated Malak, saved the Republic and the Jedi; I was promoted to Colonel in the R.M.F. and to Jedi Knight in the J.O. I left after a year. Preffered weapons: Heavy Blaster Pistol, Blue Lightsaber.

In KOTOR 2, Ryan Pano (Pierce Brosnan's clone, voice, charm, face). He was a Light Side male, he hated Kreia. He fell in love with the Handmaiden. He slayed Nilhus and destroyed the Raveger; but, the last projectile from the Ravager was launched and the projectile hit the main core of the Telos Orbital Station, dooming the Restoration Project, Telos and the Republic to fall and die, for good... He spared Sion after defeating him and spared Kreia after defeating her too. But he told her that she was wrong. Ryan then, left with no other choice, left the crew to join Revan in the Unknown Region; not to fight, but to live in exile, in his faliure as Revan does.

What's with you?

Archived