Home

I just can NOT wait anymore!!

DarkMe

I'd say it will be out for christmas 06 for the 360 then feb 07 for PC

That sounds about right. Hopefully not, though, since that would mean a similar development timeframe as Obsidian got with TSL.

I'd hope Lucasarts learned their lesson about rushed releases in time for Christmas.

I'd say it will be out for christmas 06 for the 360 then feb 07 for PC
That sounds pretty reasonable, but I would hope for something a little sooner than that. Assuming that OE makes it and that they stick with the Odyssey engine, then they shouldn't need 2 full years. It seems pretty obvious that the devs had KotOR 3 at least partially written when they finished 2, so that's encouraging as well.

That sounds pretty reasonable, but I would hope for something a little sooner than that. Assuming that OE makes it and that they stick with the Odyssey engine, then they shouldn't need 2 full years. It seems pretty obvious that the devs had KotOR 3 at least partially written when they finished 2, so that's encouraging as well.

Pretty reasonable? I don't mean to sound harsh, but are you kidding me? If it's released for Christmas 2006, then that'll be a very similar timetable as TSL had, and look at the result. As of THIS moment, no one is working on KOTOR 3, which means that even if we hear the announcement in the next couple of months, that's the moment they'll be started. Which means about a year of development to get it "gold" by the end of November.

Even if they use the same engine, etc., there are still so many things that need extra time. TSL used the same engine and 12 months still wasn't enough. TSL could have been a masterpiece if it was a 18+ month project, yet you think it'd be reasonable to expect a better quality game than TSL without all TSL's faults and shortcomings to be made within a similar time frame?

No way. Christmas 2007 at the earliest, otherwise you can quote me right now as stating that KOTOR3 will have the same problems and issues that TSL did.

just because it hasn't been announced yet as being in the works, doesn't mean it's not ;) . I'm pretty sure that if LA were to make an official announcement on K3 they would soon be swamped in e-mails, letters, petitions and what-not written by fans of the series who don't want to see this game rushed. And I don't think LA wants to have to deal with that ;) .

I just really hope LA learned their lesson with TSL, and will now make a much better game with k3, but I don't think dec. 2007 is the earliest this can be done without having the many bugs found in k2.

Yes, they started the development of TSL well before the announcement. This is what the first designer diary said:

The story overview for the sequel was drafted before the first game hit the shelves. Sure, it saw a lot of revisions, and even some major rewrites between then and now, but we had already been working on the game for over nine months by the time the show rolled around.

Edit: source is here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/kotor2/preview_6102189.html

Yes, they started the development of TSL well before the announcement. This is what the first designer diary said:

This is more than likely true. I can say for a fact that the guys over at EA were working on Madden '07 before '06 came out. LA might do something similar. Would make sense to me.

• 1 year later...
adam, please don't resurrect threads that are more than a couple months old. Thanks.

why leave it on the page if it shouldn't be posted on? just Delete it

Let me be more direct then. If you continue to resurrect really old threads, it will result in a warning. --Jae

Archived