Home

Who has advice for my Cousin?

ACDC_Fanatic

My other topic got locked so I'll start a new one. Every morning, I can smell a warm small coming from his bedroom, It's really strong and intense. I think it's crack, pot (whatever you call it) and I was thinking about throwing them out. He turns his fan and windows open to release the smell and my parents are usually out on night shift so I'm just alone with my Cuz. We have a 4500 dollar tv plus a 1200 home theatre system and he usually watches his movies such as "The Warriors" with full blast volume and the neighbours usually complain about the loud noise, I think this was the result of the drugs. Please help me on how to cope with this situation, I want to make my parents happier and make my cuz the person he used to be because he would usually help me on my maths and scyence homework :( we're relatively poor as well so we can't really hang out together and socialize with him, please help me : (

My other topic got locked so I'll start a new one. Every morning, I can smell a warm small coming from his bedroom, It's really strong and intense. I think it's crack, pot (whatever you call it) and I was thinking about throwing them out. He turns his fan and windows open to release the smell and my parents are usually out on night shift so I'm just alone with my Cuz. We have a 4500 dollar tv plus a 1200 home theatre system and he usually watches his movies such as "The Warriors" with full blast volume and the neighbours usually complain about the loud noise, I think this was the result of the drugs. Please help me on how to cope with this situation, I want to make my parents happier and make my cuz the person he used to be because he would usually help me on my maths and scyence homework :( we're relatively poor as well so we can't really hang out together and socialize with him, please help me : (

Relatively poor...with a 5700 dollar home entertainment theater...you're not, man. Definitely not poor. Relatively poor to Oil Tycoons, yes, but not poor compared to the rest of America. The loud volume is probably just teenage crap- my friend who doesn't do drugs loves to have his speakers set to max. I'm fairly sure it might be pot, as crack you usually snort. But he's your cousin and he's living with you? Are his parents deceased or something? He could just be trying to cope with the pain via loud music. If it's just drugs, ask him. You're his cousin afterall, and if it's marijuana don't rat him out. Right now you need to get his trust, and pot is not that bad of a drug for him right now.

His girlfriend goes to Harvard? Chances are she's too disciplined to take drugs. So don't worry about her.

Relatively poor...with a 5700 dollar home entertainment theater...you're not, man. Definitely not poor. Relatively poor to Oil Tycoons, yes, but not poor compared to the rest of America. The loud volume is probably just teenage crap- my friend who doesn't do drugs loves to have his speakers set to max. I'm fairly sure it might be pot, as crack you usually snort. But he's your cousin and he's living with you? Are his parents deceased or something? He could just be trying to cope with the pain via loud music. If it's just drugs, ask him. You're his cousin afterall, and if it's marijuana don't rat him out. Right now you need to get his trust, and pot is not that bad of a drug for him right now.

His girlfriend goes to Harvard? Chances are she's too disciplined to take drugs. So don't worry about her.

My thoughts exactly.

And yeh, loud TV doesn't mean anything. I blast my music all the time.

You smoke crack, snort cocaine. Snorting crack is retarded and kills you.

So which is it that he does, crack or pot? They're very different, like garlic and ice cream.

The volume thing is him just being a teenager.

Sorry about the mistake, I'm not terribly educated in the differences between various narcotics. :p

I think you should probably ask him about it, and if he tells you that he is using drugs,(any Drugs that aren't legal, or legal ones but abusing them) i wouldn't tell your parents right away. Ask him why is he taking them, and tell him you're there to help, and drugs won't make problems go away. That is if he has problems he's trying to drown out with drugs.. They will get you into trouble, no matter how small the amount or how unlethal the can be. And not just him, it could get your parents in trouble also. I'd say the best medicine is to talk, something that people don't do enough of, be understanding, which is hard. It's hard not to shake a fist and tell him that what he's doing is wrong and really give him the one two. That may only push him further away. It's hard to understand when you've only been in the world 15 yrs. And it never gets any easier. You need to listen and love your cousin no matter what, because thats what he needs, not judgement and harsh words.(I know it sounds like a Brady Bunch episode but it's true). Hey all ya need is love, right?

• 2 weeks later...
But that's the proble. Both of my parents do smoke and sometimes my dad smokes cigars. They can't really recognize the pot and crack he's smoking because the smell of his cigars over powers the pot.

....They don't smell the same, whether or not they smoke cigars has no effect on smelling pot.

The best thing to do is confront him, I guess. If you can't bring yourself to talk to him, find some way to get trough - write a note or something. Or you could search his room and then just show him the dope.

Also, this just is not the place to ask. You're lucky if .1% of the people here have any kind of experience with psychology (which I do) and/or drugs (which I don't). Just look at all the unserious posts in this thread already! There's also, as CapNColostomy put out (in quite a frank manner:p), the matter of confidentiality to think about.

What I'm saying is that you're lots better off calling a teen hot-line, seeing your school therapist/social worker, et cetera. Then close this thread and let it die.

If your parents were smart enough - they could figure it out.

I wish:(.

I have advice for your cousin. Tell him I said to bust your computer to hell, because you're using it to go online and post tons of personal information about him, that he would probably not want someone to share with the rest of the world.

I think this is the best advice I've seen in this thread yet.

Archived