Home

Neomarz announces fall from community...

NeoMarz1

I registered only to make this comment. I have had a really tough couple of weeks with the modding community. I never asked to be put into this HapSlash Vs. Neomarz thing, and really to be honest... I wish I could have just remained a mediocre skinner. The spot light is way to hot, and I need awhile to recollect my soul. I have been called a lot of things, and "Hep" may have brought out the beast in me. After reading his comments in the Void (as well as pcgamemods.com), I started to focus on only the negative comments that came up in any other forum. This has made me a mess, and I really can't cope with the mixed feelings. I know I am not the best, but there was a point where I felt I had a respectable standing within the community. I hold people's opinions dearly. Even Heps opinion! Even Infinity Blades, or anyone else for that matter. I guess that’s why I have come to this point. Infinity Blade made me think about my position in the community, and I guess its questionable whether I can handle comments that people make, if that’s what they truly feel. I really hold no one accountable for this... Not even Hep. I guess I hold myself accountable for not dealing with "criticism" well. For what its worth, I really am glad to have some contribution. I will continue to watch the community, and continue to watch HapSlash do his magic. I am leaving the community so that I can heal. This whole experience has been damaging to my growth. Special thanks to all who have said things in my defense. It really has shown me that people are willing to back me up, even though they are strangers. I am emotional person to say the least, this is why I smack back at people who come off as "Harsh". I owe a special thanks to the veterans of the Jedi Mod community. I have worked with Toonces, Tex, PsykoPat, and Anakin's team from AOTC/TC, plus over a couple dozen of other would be MOD heroes. Above all I want to thank "Hapslash" for bringing a professional level of talent to the "free mod" community. HapSlash is my favorite modelor, and I will take his influence with me. Where ever it may be. Thanks guys! I will be waiting to download the next big Hap model. This may be silly to announce this... as if anyone cares, but I feel I should say something to those who have invested there download times to "NeoMarz1". Especially those poor souls still using a phone modem. So I guess what I am saying is... I will be leaving the community, till I feel I can cope.

I also want to say that "Psyko Pat" is responsible for bringing me up to the next level. If it werent for his patience with my constant barrage of e-mails, I couldnt have made it to this level. If your reading this Psyko "Thanks!"

:angel: :angel: :angel: Marzout!! :angel: :angel: :angel:

Erm. Bye. Seems a bit odd that you leave because a couple of people think you and Hap are trying to outbest each other. :indif:

Well I am an ODD one. Doing this has lifted a great weight off my shoulders. I feel lighter already! Hap is not out to outbest me, He has only encouraged me to do better. But people have created this rivalry that does not exist. I guess supposed rivalry is too much drama for me. Marzout

*DL60 comes out of hiding and his absence from Lucasforums to say*

Marz, bro, you are my favorite modeler and a good friend, and it is a shame to see you go becuase I always look forward to your models on PCGAMEMODS.com. It was good working with you and you will be missed, as far as Hap and the other guys forget what they say, or anyone else for that matter. I also am a big fan of Hap's work but I am also a big fan of yours. You can always count on something being awesome and worth downloading when the author is titled NeoMarz1, psyk0sith, or Haplash, even the ex-modelers Toonces, Tex, KC (KevinCoyle), Aaron Smith modelers like youselves keep me playing JO and JA other wise I wouldn't play anymore or even play any games for that matter since Ja is the only game I really play any more. I'm confused on why you choose to quit this doesn't seem like the Marz I knew. Just remember bro this criticism you get doesn't mean you are bad, you got tough compition right now but it doesn't mean ppl don't want your work. You have put out so many great models and were very fast about it. Think about this again. I may have been out of the loop for some time but that doesn't mean I know whats good and whats not and you my friend are better than good! Have a good one bro and keep in touch you know how to reach me.

Peace bro,

Josh A.k.A DarkLord60 (DL60)

I still say your mandos, clones, vader are my favorite models.

You shouldnt give a thought to what those other people say. You should stick in there and dont even listen to them. You know who all supports you and who is truely your fans. You should keep on doing your models and not even think twice about it.

It's truly a shame though,... I think you could have easily surpassed my stuff if you would only take more time with your projects. Your mesh work was really starting to improve, and I only think you needed a bit of time to get a better hang of weighting the models. I know you haven't been doing it for very long, with a little more time who knows what you could come up with.

The name NeoMarz is quite well respected in the JK community,... Right now you're probably the number one guy amongst modelers. I'm sure that by the time I'm finished writing this, there will be an onslaught of people asking you to stay.

Something most people don't realize is that both blade and I have been playing around with these models for over a year trying to build our skills at game modeling, rather than trying to make models just for the community. I think that's why they still need someone like you.

There still is a very high demand for your work, despite the venom that a few of the malcontents may spew. Just don't let it get the better of you, especially from the "people" at pcgamemods. They have the mindset of a group of hopped-up witless 10 year olds on a grade school playground; taunting each other just to see who can be the first to make someone cry. But if the feedback you receive still bothers you, just do the projects that you want to do, then it won't matter what other people say, because you're making them for yourself.

If you are interested in sticking around at all, I'm sure Blade and I could easily give you a few tips on how to achieve better results with either mesh work or weighting.

I hope you'll reconsider this, although I won't try to dissuade you if it's what you truly wish to do. I understand where you're coming from, but there are so many more people out there who enjoy your work, then there are that criticize it.

All i have to say is be true to yourself, if you feel it's better to leave then it's your choice. It's easy for other people to b*tch about a model when they havent tried to do it themselves.

There still is a very high demand for your work, despite the venom that a few of the malcontents may spew. Just don't let it get the better of you, especially from the "people" at pcgamemods. They have the mindset of a group of hopped-up witless 10 year olds on a grade school playground; taunting each other just to see who can be the first to make someone cry. But if the feedback you receive still bothers you, just do the projects that you want to do, then it won't matter what other people say, because you're making them for yourself.

Amen!, i told him very early on: you should do this for yourself and enjoy doing it, or else what's the point? You dont owe anything to anyone. I just hope you keep on modelling an texturing, don't let this experience ruin something you enjoy. We'll keep in touch.

-Psyk0

All i have to say is be true to yourself, if you feel it's better to leave then it's your choice. It's easy for other people to b*tch about a model when they havent tried to do it themselves.

Amen!, i told him very early on: you should do this for yourself and enjoy doing it, or else what's the point? You dont owe anything to anyone. I just hope you keep on modelling an texturing, don't let this experience ruin something you enjoy. We'll keep in touch.

-Psyk0

Dark Lord...

Zappa_O...

Hapslash...

PsykoSith...

You guys...

Your comments mean the most to me. This has been a sleepy little hollow over here at lucas forums (I swear I hear crickets in the background)... but honestly, I appreciate the support. I dont think I'll give up on modeling. It's to close to creating a real vision. Drawings, paintings, they are 2 dimensional. I may get over this, but its something I need to do. I actually have a family, and I feel bad, because I spend way to much time doing this stuff. This will give me a chance to get some fresh air, maybe go out and have a real life. Even if its just for a few months. Thanks to you guys for everything youve offered. I'll be watching all your endevours.... especially Hap, and Psyko.... Psyko, are you still working on that ATOTC animated series set? Still waiting. Marzout

your models is only you can make ..

like Darth Vader VM & General Grievous VM

these models are forever in Jedi Knight game community ...

FOR EVER !!!

ppl keep download and play your Great models age ...

you really sould continue to make models what ever you want and like ...

and you sould totally Ignore who dont like your models ....

if in your heart say you dont want to make model anymore then I understand but ....

if not ...

I dont want you to stop making models like this way ...

that all I want to say ..

love

Buffy

Wow, this is unexpected :o, it's hard to see you go again :( but it's true, everyone has a life, and if think you need to take a break for your family and others, then it's better if you do that. You only got one life, and the most important is that you need to feel happy.

*listens Here today - Paul McCartney*

This is really a pitty, i really feel honoured for working with you with the bantha and the hypostreeds, really, and i was glad to see how your models came along made from scratch. You've been one of my inspirations to start my modest modeling, i've seen each model you made to see how you make them and learn from them.

You really shouldn't take care of the coments, right now the community is full of, like Haps said, 10 years old kids wannabes who think that you are a machine and not a person, a person who has injected life and health to the community when it was going nowhere, how good and interesting was to see a new model or two every week in jk3files.com...You must be happy of all what you've done, the only modeller who has taken care about the requests and have worked non stop to make people happy, you made the hypostreeds because someone said in the bantha coments that he would like a horse, ah! that good times. I hope you come back at anytime because you are a pillar of the community and it will be a big lose if you go forever, but im sure at sometime in future i'll see a new model from you and i will be really happy to see you around. Listen youself for once and do what you really want to do, feel free.

Light Ninja, It was absolultely great to have worked with you. I appreciate you following my work. Keep on doing your thing, this community still needs active members, eh? You are one of the "greats" that I have had the chance to work with. Marzout

Come on marz stay around dude, dont let those 10 year old babies make you leave, your only meeting to there demands and wants.You can see all over the place how many people wants you to stay. It really out numbers the ones who doesnt want you to stay. So its a shame that your gonna leave for them, instead of the good number of people who wants you to stay.

You do great work. Stop posting it on pcgamemods where it is unappreciated.

Yes some of it has flaws but what doesn't. People expect too much. Its just a game. Most of us are very happy with a new model by you. Accuracy is second to that. Your skills still blow most of us out of the water and many will never reach your level of modeling. And there is always room for improvement. Nothing is going to be perfect. And it shouldn't be. Its a game after all. Good luck to you. Thanks for the great skins and models.

Hey, just wanted to say that I have nothing but the most upmost respect for you and the work you've been putting out here in this community. You skills and productivity truly amaze me. I've always been a fan of your work, even though I may have never really posted much in you threads. I just never post much period.

Sorry to hear your leaving, especially sorry to hear the reason why.

As others have said though, you should do this because you love it, who cares if a few idiots complain, as long as you're happy doing what you're doing. And if you're burnt out or just have a bit of lack of motivation lately, then so what, that's fine. I myself probably only average maybe 2 models a year at most. I take a lot of LONG breaks in between projects for that reason alone. Maybe that's all you need.

Anyway, I do hope you choose to come back eventually, I always look forward to seeing what you're coming out with next.

It is a shame, that on such it has called for such a saddening event as this for me to sort out my account here (or in fact to get a new one especially), I know that I personally may have been a bit hard on you NeoMarz, but I would like you to know, it was not through any dislike or bitterness, it was because I have respect and would like very much for you to achieve the full potential that you deserve from your model and skin work.

It's a shame it has had to come to this, but I had to come here and say my piece anyway.

When I first came to the JKA community, through the site JK3files.com, I saw a lot of good quality models that had been made by one "Mars Marshall", or skinned anyway. I instantly grew respect for this person and his ability. I am glad to say I have not lost any respect for him as a person throughout all this, and was exceptionally pleased to find out he was still releasing files. The Darth Vader model was quite a shock to me, as, I'm sure you can imagine, were other subsequent files.

Some weren't as good as others, admittedly, but there were some great ones out there, and made by someone who gives to the community, which is something I would be proud of.

I hope you move on to better things, if you are still insistant on leaving. I've checked your site, that 3D comic thing looks really cool. Well, whatever you do, I hope you find as much enjoyment there as you gave to many members of the JKA community with each release you made.

Each release from you has been giving something to the community, and that is something to respect and look up to.

Thanks for everything.

-SmithLord

Sad to see you go, you were quite a good modeller. I don't think I can say it any better than Hap did, I feel the same way, minus his personal part about him and Blade. Though I would like to say, despite the occasional flaw or bug in your models, I still thoroughly enjoyed them, both ingame, and in 3ds max, looking them over to see how you did things. I've learned quite a bit from observing your work, and for giving me that opportunity, I thank you. I don't want to see you go 'cause of the kids on PCGM, but if it's what you feel you need to do, then I'll respect your decision. See you around. ;)

-Mono

I noticed that this thread has about run its course, so I'm going to say this. I am very impressed and touched by the outpouring of support for my work. I may not completely drop my interest here in the community. I feel that many people have very sincere feelings in regards to my work. I actually had finished an Obi Wan model a few days ago, but it really didn’t live up to even the level of my last model, so I scratched it... I also new there really was no point, since Hapslash had released his perfect rendition of the same model. I may release a model at a later date. You guys are right that I should not give up. This has been a great way of learning for me. Even this announcement has taught me something. I have been a bit of a baby. I must admit that I still need some time, but I will always be in the community at least supporting other developers, and offering input into the forums. I guess what I am saying is that I will not abandon my standing with the community, and I have an intention of possibly returning in the future. I really dont know what capacity, but I will return. All and all, I have been touched by your faith in me. Even though I have faults, You all have shown me that most people need to prevail over their own weaknesses. Mine is of course to take harsh criticism, and move onto the next level. I just finished talking to an old friend, and we discussed the reason people become who they are. Most people really don’t know where their path will lead, but they still have a vision. Sometimes their vision is finally realized in a different light. Water flows down the river, and no one knows its path... but they know it will eventually pass to the to the ocean. Well, a bit philosophical I know, but you get my point. I just want to say thanks to all my supporters. I have worked with a lot of you. I consider all who have worked with me to be part of my success. Even the voices from the forum. Sincerely, Mars R. Marshall (yes that’s my real name). Marzout!!!!!!!!

Archived