Home

I'm off to Japan...

Rubacava

Less than 12 hours till I leave for Japan to stay for 10 months, so goodbye! I'll try to keep you all posted, I should have internet access at least sometimes, so maybe I'll put pictures here and stuff. I'll also try to update my fanfic, sometime. Ok, bye guys!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll just make a new post. Anyway, crazy Japan adventures!

I arrived in Japan on the first of September, and my friend Heidi and I ended up staying in a hotel for the first two nights. One of them was the fanciest hotel like... ever. Seriously, it had a theme park, and an aquarium, and a two story bowling alley... and a lot more. After that, we met our host families. Mine is very nice! They took me to a shrine last weekend, I'll post a picture or two at the bottom of this post. Also, I had quite the adventure with a bank the other day. They forgot to give me about 50 cents when I got my travelers checks turned into yen, and so they came to my host families house, and apologized and bowed a lot, and gave me TINFOIL. Yes, tinfoil, as well as kleenexes, and a pen. That's all for now, I'll post a picture of me in my uniform and at the shrine here:

q089.jpg

getting my fortune told

SGcons.jpg

my uniform.

Waaah! ^__^ Nyoo~ what a cute uniform! 'm so jealous. ><

Everything sounds so cute in Japan, why is that? XD; Even the bank people!

I guess that’s the price we pay for over-culturiztion in America and Europe. Japan sounds like they’ve retained a lot of “awesome”.

• 2 weeks later...

A mate of mine got married to a Japanese bird, and he now lives out there with her. He told me that it is a complete culture shock, and nothing like England (therefore, much of the West?) at all. He even went as far as saying its a completely different world.

Good luck with it all, seems like you're having a wicked time.

Archived