Home

Poll: Your Force Alignment!

Tysyacha

What side of the Force would you be on?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What side of the Force would you be on?

• Light Side, from start to finish
    • Dark Side, from start to finish
    • I'd be a Grey Jedi like Kreia in KOTOR II.
    • Jedi Order Traitor: I'd start out as a Jedi, then fall to the Dark Side and become a Sith
    • Redemptive: I'd start out Light Side, fall into Darkness, and then be turned back to the Light.

i'd love to [lie and] say i'd be Light Side all the way, but I know in my heart it isn't true. I have my failings and I'd eventually fall.

Too twisted to be a Jedi, too nice to be a Sith...and probably too nice to be truly neutral. Closer to Jolee than Kreia tho, definitely.

Yep. Kreia was a dark aligned gray jedi until she reveals herself. Jolee was a light aligned gray jedi in exile. Qui-Gon was a gray jedi, very light aligned, but still gray. Even Luke Skywalker is not a full light side jedi. Obi-Wan used the dark side in a couple of occasions, and he was a full jedi. No jedi is fully lightsided.

"Grey Jedi are Jedi who, although light siders, explore and learn of the benefits of the dark side."

"Grey Jedi tend to disregard the Jedi High Council." (Like Qui-Gon)

"Grey Jedi are not to be confused with Dark Jedi. They are light siders and soldiers of good and justice. However, they use the dark side within themselves (and every living being) to their advantage in their good cause."

"They are the embodiment of Darth Revan's quote from Knights of the Old Republic: 'The best Jedi are the ones who are still human.' All humans have good and evil, light and dark in them. If they can use both to their advantage in their cause, they are the most powerful of all. As Obi-Wan Kenobi said 'Only the Sith deal in absolutes.'"

"A Grey Jedi was a jedi who did not believe in the validation of the teachings of the Jedi Order but did not follow the dark side of the force. Notable figures of this belief are Jolee Bindo and Kreia."

"Grey Jedi are Jedi who, although light siders, explore and learn of the benefits of the dark side."

"Grey Jedi tend to disregard the Jedi High Council." (Like Qui-Gon)

"Grey Jedi are not to be confused with Dark Jedi. They are light siders and soldiers of good and justice. However, they use the dark side within themselves (and every living being) to their advantage in their good cause."

"A Grey Jedi was a jedi who did not believe in the validation of the teachings of the Jedi Order but did not follow the dark side of the force. Notable figures of this belief are Jolee Bindo and Kreia."

I would not say that grey jedi are simply jedi who have a wider variety of means to their ends. Grey jedi are not automatically good, they are - grey! ;)

I believe a perfect example of being greyish is Kreia's talk on the beginning of Nar Shada. Neither destroying senselessly nor helping selflessly, play by the rules and look for your own good without harming others - that would characterize the "grey side of the Force" IMHO.

I also think that Jolee's alignment is more neutral-light than neutral.Ultimately, not the means, but the ends determine one's alignment, and Jolee made it pretty clear that he wishes to fight the Sith and preserve the jedi, even if he does not want to join them.

"They are the embodiment of Darth Revan's quote from Knights of the Old Republic: 'The best Jedi are the ones who are still human.' All humans have good and evil, light and dark in them. If they can use both to their advantage in their cause, they are the most powerful of all. As Obi-Wan Kenobi said 'Only the Sith deal in absolutes.'"

Actually, at least in the movies the jedi were portrayed as pretty human beings showing emotion. (e.g. Anakin and Obi-Wan)

IMO the light side is not about avoiding any emotion at all (at least as portrayed in the movies) but about avoiding the dark ones.(e.g. attachment is forbidden because it could lead to greed and jealousy and thereby aggressive feelings towards others) Even Yoda, who could IMO be considered the incarnation of the jedi ideal in the movies, shows quite an amount of emotion, not only in his friendly jokes ("How embarassing"), but also in his dialogue/fight with Sidious and Count Dooku.

IMHO, the whole "There are no emotions"(at all) thing introduced in KOTOR (as far as I know) is a bit exaggerated or at least a bit ... absolute ;)

You got my opinions a little wrong. Kreia acts like a grey jedi for a lot of time, and does it very well, even though she's a sith at the end. Grey jedi are light-inclined, the "dark grey" jedi, are, well, dark jedi. (Not sith. They have no attachments to the sith order, the same way grey jedi don't have attachments to the jedi order.) Obi Wan used the dark side to defeat Maul, but not letting anger consume him. Master Windu uses a lightsaber fighting style that's very similar to sith ones, tapping his anger for doing good. No force users are totally dark, or light, or neutral. Only the Force sides can be totally light or dark.

PD: Kreia was like: sith, then acted as a grey jedi, then became a dark jedi.

I think you've listened to Super Shadow too much, for one thing Kreia was a Sith pretending to be a grey jedi and finally reveals to you that she is a sith, Mace Windu's saber form taps into the force, not the darkside, Obi-Wan didn't really tap into the DS in TPM (or your definition of the DS is way different than mine), grey jedi are NEUTRAL, not light or dark, dark grey jedi are not dark jedi, they just use their emotions a little more liberally than most.

Uh... I have never entered SuperShadow.com, with the comments I have heard, why the f**k would I read crap? I don't have time to spare with ****. Well, whatever. Grey Jedi are not fully neutral, and Windu does tap on the darkside, Obi Wan does use the dark side once, all I have said is perfectly true and by seeing the basic SW guides you can corroborate eveything.

Archived