Home

Kotor1 or Kotor2?

dragon2sword

kotor1 by far. I mean TSL's was an awsome game and all but it had nothing on the original. The story was far better, characters like Revan and Bastila, Big Z and the always argumentative Jolee Bindoo were heaps cooler and the relationships just more solid.

Also i've just recently replayed no.1 and the planets and quests are far more interesting and well far more enjoyable to do. In TSL planets like Korriban, Dantooine, and Malachor were pretty boring and i just wanted to hurry up and get through whereas in the original i enjoyed every planet. Its hard to explain they just felt better.

Maybe if Obsiduim had more time they may have matched kotor1 but the end result was no where near as good. KOTOR 1 all the way

kotor1 by far. I mean TSL's was an awsome game and all but it had nothing on the original. The story was far better, characters like Revan and Bastila, Big Z and the always argumentative Jolee Bindoo were heaps cooler and the relationships just more solid.

Also i've just recently replayed no.1 and the planets and quests are far more interesting and well far more enjoyable to do. In TSL planets like Korriban, Dantooine, and Malachor were pretty boring and i just wanted to hurry up and get through whereas in the original i enjoyed every planet. Its hard to explain they just felt better.

Maybe if Obsiduim had more time they may have matched kotor1 but the end result was no where near as good. KOTOR 1 all the way

I totally agree. KotOR II was...well...empty, if that makes any sense. It seemed to me to be void of feeling. I mean, the plot twists weren't surprising, I felt absolutly nothing when

Kriea was revealed as a Sith.

It didn't surprise me at all. Yet, in KOTOR I, when I found out my character was actually

Revan,

I was flipping out. You know 'there's no way I could be the Dark Lord' blah blah blah. Then when Bastila (Mind you, I'm playing as a guy on the light side) runs in and takes on Malak on the Leviathan so that you can escape I was like "no! bastila you idiot!". Maybe I'm just really weird for getting worked up about a game, but...

You know, this thread seems awfully familiar... But what the hey ;)

In a nutshell, KOTOR 1 was too simple, bright and cheery except for "the truth". KOTOR 2 was more ambitious, more atmospheric, and those robes rocked. Yes LA screwed things up, but Obsidian did a great job nonetheless, so I stand with TSL.

Totally Forcefight. TSL just didn't feel as good, it was void. Hard to explain. And yeh those twist in TSL weren't even really twists, you pretty much knew Kreia was bad the whole way, whereas Kotor1 oh my god. It blew me away. When we found out we were Revan and Bastila sacrificing herself and then falling to the dark side and then.. being saved. WOW!

Yeh robes in TSL were cool but doesn't make up for a pretty lacking storyline

• 2 weeks later...

Me thinks that KOTOR's graphics (XBOX) were that much better, esp. the enviroments. TSL was visually very flat, without the metallic shimmer and shine that filled each and every location in KOTOR, even in the cinematic cut scenes. Just to compare:

- Peragus (all i can say is "ugghh") vs. Taris ("shiny, shimmery yeah!)

- Rolling hills of Tatooine and Dantooine vs the Never Changing Elevation of TSL

- The Climactic Cutscenes of KOTOR (Sexy Space Ships go BOOM) vs The Drabness (bo-oring)of

Malachor V

- Korriban (Dreadful Lair of Academic Sith Newbies and evil old Ghosts) vs Korriban (Kreia's voice

in your head TELLING you how dreadful this place is)

I admit, I did love TSL; great characters, always awesome music and voices, cool new powers and stuff. But I went back and played KOTOR when I was done, and the sequel couldnt hold a candle to the visual impact of the first, but hey, I'm a guy who dug Tatooine in KoToR, what would I know?

What insidious plot-twist is this?! Everyone praising K1 all of a sudden? Where are those ancient K1 VS TSL threads, where TSL pwnd K1 because it was such and such cooler? Odd.

Anyway, I stick by my original vote: K1! Better story, better character interaction, better characters, more interesting settings and an atmosphere that really drew you in. TSL was damn good, but it just wasn't as good as the first.

They were both excellent in their own way, you should just consider them both as one story that blows everything else away, the first chapter has the Hook, the second chapter trades some atmosphere for more expansion,

Hopefully they'll take about four years and give KIII the option to start the game playing everything TSL left out, even the stuff that wasn't considered for restoration.

I like TSL, but KI was so good, I'm actually having second thoughts about which one to make my Uberstorymod for;)

Archived