DarkMe

Do you cheat?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you cheat?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Sometimes...

Hell yes :D but not in KotoR.

I never would have beaten Doom without IDDQD and IDKFA.

Oh yeah. The controls were pretty clumsy and dodging shots or firing under cover was pretty challenging.

Well, that and putting it into Ultraviolence mode, allowing monster respawn and simply mowing down as many enemies as you could was bloody fun.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

~ snip ~

In KOTOR, i've cheated consecutively 10304 times. 10303 of those times simply to see how manny times I COULD do it.

But now, I have chagned my ways. Whever I play KOTOR, I never cheat, never once. I "Save Game Edit" ;) That way theres no big ugly yellow letters on my save game files.

Dude... cut out the nonsense 'pre-ambles' before your posts. ~ ChAiNz.2da

~ snip ~

you might want to KEEP IT DOWN with all that s**t.

OT:

yeah, i cheat. but it's usually to see what certain cheats do, like i tested the invulnerability cheat. it took the whole fun out of the game, so i rempved it. warping screwed my savegame once and i'm too scared to try it again. i usually cheat to get mod items that either arent scripted into the game, or which i can't wait to get :D

Taken care of ;) ~ ChAiNz.2da

I never bothered cheating in either KotOR game. Generally, I won't use cheat codes unless I'm utterly, hopelessly stuck somewhere and my family is becoming concerned that I'm about to put my fist through the monitor. I'm totally clueless about computer code and modding, so I don't need to cheat for that. KotOR took careful planning in a few places to get through, but TSL was such a romp that I never got close to the point of cheating.

Although to be fair, I finally found a copy of GTA: San Andreas on PC a few days ago, and I'm perilously close to googling a skip-level cheat. These flying missions are driving me nuts.

... XBox has no cheats! :p

Yes, but TSL has a few glitches on the Xbox version that can certainly be used to your advantage.

I did not cheat or use a walkthrough on the first few time through on either game, but did once I purchased the PC versions. I mainly use cheats in TSL to make some of the NPC not as useless.

I also use the cheats sometimes to get items created by the great modders of this community. Thank you all for making me even more of a cheater. :)

My copy boasts...oh, about half the mods ever made for the game. On some of those, you need to use the warp cheat to get into the nifty little mods.

I also use KSE to modify my character into what I picture Revan as. Female, Smuggler body, none of the scoundrel assets or armor proficiency or blaster feats, but with first-level melee feats and Master Empathy.

I have a huge problem with cheats. If I ever find one out, I will never be able to play the game without. That's kinda sad.

So what I do is, if I get a new game, I don't look up walk throughs and cheats because I know, once i Know certain things I WILL use them.

Strange, because usually the harder the game the better. I want a challenge.

Didn't actually use cheats most of way thru first KOTOR b/c didn't know how to change file (figured it out later). Having said that, never liked slow speed of running (though speed cheat often can have you running into walls and such on PC). I suppose that those who are opposed to cheat codes never utilized any of the many walkthroughs out there. Also notice that with the many mods out there you virtually don't need to use a god mode in KOTOR b/c all the extras people have made seem to render you godlike w/o any code. Mostly I'll cheat b/c there are ONLY sooo many hours in a day and I can't afford to spend tons of time in front of a game, no matter how enjoyable. What I'd like to know is, though, if anyone figured out where to find all the dialogue options for these games. I've played KOTOR 1 & 2 multiple times and know that I still haven't exhausted all the possibilities. Finally, thanks to Darth333 and the EZSwoop cheat. Never could've gotten Nico quest finished w/o it (or Manaan either for that matter).

Taris wasn't so hard b/c you had to beat a ridiculously high time. In effect, you were really racing yourself. Post a slow time to handicap your opponent and then dust him/her in second round. Had the time to beat been around 23- , I think it would have been MUCH harder (though the Taris track would have ended up in the EZSwoop cheat, no doubt).

Well, I cheat a bit, and its not the problem of easy/hard, just to speed up the games.

1) EZswoop, I play an rpg, not a racing game, though once in a while its still fun.

2) KSE, to get jedi point and speed early. Tired of running slowly thru the areas. But I moved on to use the warp wristband instead.

3) Save/Load for Pazzak, not a cheat, but I do it.

Other than that, no cheat.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived