Home

The Hunt for The Sith

RC-1162

ELEVEN

Clone Troopers swarmed out of the gunships that had landed. They had rushed down as soon as they could when they received General Skywalker’s call. The signal beacon was beeping steadily at one spot, not moving at all. Clone Commander 2485 guessed that he was hurt and told two Clones to check out the area and take a stretcher with him. Minutes later, Anakin was being hauled into the infirmary by the Troopers. The medic removed Anakin’s armor and began applying dressings to the cuts and splints to the fractures and sprains. Back in the facility, Clones were blasting open doors and walls alike and heading for all the rooms, blasting all the droids in the way. Once all the rooms were cleared, they headed for the Control Tower. As they were nearing the lift however, the second explosion threw them to the ground. The Trooper in the lead recovered first and spoke into his comlink.

“This is Omega 147, what in the name of the Galaxy was that?”

“Omega 147, RT 87, the crust of this planet just blew open about 500 miles south of where you are. I suggest you get off the planet with the Generals and Delta Squad now.”

“Wait, wait. What do you mean ‘blew open’?”

“Like a huge volcano. You remember the story of Peragus that we read about? You can compare it to that. Now get off that rock.”

“Copy.”

The Troopers flooded the turbolift and headed upwards. When the door opened they were greeted with blasterfire and whirls of blue and red. Combat training and precision firing kicked in. The Clones began to shoot at the red whirls whenever it was stationary. Obi Wan took advantage of the distraction and used the Force to trip Ventress and pin her to the ground. He punched a button on his wrist pad and his Jedi Starfighter hummed to life and flew out of the Hangar Bay on the Republic flagship.

“Thanks, troopers,” he said to the Clones. “Better get out of here quickly.”

“Yes sir,” Omega replied. “Aren’t you coming?”

“My ride is on the way. Go.”

Omega 147 nodded and motioned for the Clones with Obi Wan to follow.

Back in the Medic’s room, Anakin was being transferred to the flagship via a shuttle. As soon as the Shuttle touched down upon the flagship, however, Durankhia blew apart in a brilliant explosion. The Radioactivity shields on the ships kicked in and absorbed the gamma, alpha and X rays emitted by the blast. Obi Wan’s Starfighter was flying away from the ships in an inerratic, factory standard path. The R-4P unit had taken over. Obi Wan was gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's just me in my advancing years but I think it might be helpful, RC, if you would double-space between your paragraphs.

Break it up some, maybe.

I just find that my eyes keep getting lost on the screen the way it is now, which makes it hard to read.

But like I said... maybe it's just me.

okay, exams over and i passed in the Hindi exam, so heres the next chapter:

___________________________________________________________________________________

TWELVE

The explosion shook Anakin and he jerked awake. He looked around, nothing seemed familiar. Perplexed, he limped out of the room. A Clone Trooper was passing by. Anakin stopped him and asked,

“Hey, where am I?”

“The Apporter, sir, the ship you came to Durankhia on.”

“Where’s General Kenobi?”

“Sorry, sir. I haven’t a clue. Maybe you could ask the Bridge Commander and find out.”

Anakin nodded once and headed for the bridge.

The doors opened and Anakin entered. Everyone who had their helmets off looked sober. The viewport was filled with clustered chunks of rock, some hitting the shields and getting vaporized.

“What’s going on?” Anakin asked. “Where’s General Kenobi?”

The Bridge Commander, RC 7855 came to Anakin and spoke softly.

“General Kenobi did not make it. He was still on the planet when it blew up.”

“NO!”

He couldn’t believe it. Obi Wan could not be gone; he would have felt it in the Force if Obi Wan died.

Anakin spoke sharply to the Commander,

“I don’t believe he’s dead. I want you to engage all the ships sensors and scan the rubble for anything that has a life-force.”

Anakin turned to a nearby Lieutenant.

“Go to the Hangar Bays and ask all the pilots to scramble. I want them to search for anything that could be missed by the ships scanners.”

The Lieutenant nodded and ran to the Hangar Bays.

Soon, the Apporter’s sensors were sweeping the rubble field and Recon and Fighter Craft were pouring out of the Ship’s Hangar Bays.

Anakin was sitting on a chair with his eyes closed, conducting his own search of the field. Obi Wan had to be alive.

“Uh-Oh”

Anakin turned to the technician who had said it.

“What is it?”

Unbelievably, the tech ignored him and grabbed the comm mike.

“Incoming droid starfighters!!” he yelled into the mike. “They’ll be on us in 14 minutes.”

Anakin forgot his annoyance at the tech and grabbed the mike from him.

“All fighters, engage! ENGAGE!”

The fighter craft broke off their search and flew head on towards the droid fighters, cannons blaring.

The fighter pilots were skilled and took out a large portion of the enemy but the droids just kept coming and firing back.

Soon, a large score of the droids were down but there were enough to destroy a Flagship left. They had taken out all 215 Republic Fighter craft and the 30 Recon craft.

“All fighters are down,” the tech reported. “We’re just sitting ducks here.”

The fighters screamed closer. Anakin and the crew of the Apporter had given up all hope. Suddenly, Anakin felt something and the leading droid starfighters exploded. A Force-barricade! One of the exercises they had learnt in the Temple. Though Anakin had never heard of anyone making such a big one. The onrushing fighters slammed into the barricade and blew up. Soon, all the droid fighters were destroyed like taking candy from a baby.

“What the heck was that?” the tech asked perplexed.

“Obi Wan is alive, get my ship ready.” Anakin replied.

“It is, sir. Though I suggest you stay here due to your injuries.”

“I’ll be fine. Just keep an eye out for any more fighters.”

Anakin took his starfighter out of his hangar minutes later. Dooku must have left during the onslaught. Anakin could feel a heavy fluctuation in the Force radiating from a huge chunk of rock floating gracefully nearby. Anakin flew low over the rock and the sight of Obi Wan waving greeted him. Obi Wan had held some air closed around the rock with the Force, creating a mini-atmosphere. Anakin smiled and set down. Next stop: Coruscant.

EPILOGUE

Obi Wan and Anakin stood in the Council Chambers. Obi Wan had finished his report on their mission to Durankhia.

“Done well you have, young ones,” Master Yoda congratulated. “Although escaped once again, Dooku has.”

“We couldn't trace his ship after the blast. I’m sorry Master.” Anakin replied soberly.

“Apologies are not necessary, Skywalker,” Ki-Adi-Mundi said. “You have liberated the captured Clones and destroyed one of the Separatist strong points. For that, you receive credit.”

Anakin and Obi Wan bowed.

“By the way,” Mace Windu said. “We received intelligence about a Separatist Droid Starfighter industry on Rhen Var. Can you take it?

Obi Wan glanced out of the Council Chambers at the awaiting Delta Squad and looked back at Mace.

“I think we’ll do just fine.” Obi Wan replied.

And millions of miles away, the fragments of the vaporized Durankhia floated about and formed the treacherous Hoth Asteroid Belt years later, claiming thousands of lives which were brave enough to try and navigate through its unpredictable mazes.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived