Home

#$^$ a lego! I want to play though Episodes I-VI, kotor team are you listening?

agirlyman

Imagine playing as "Luke Skywalker", or a custom character in Episodes IV-VI, and the choice to choose the Light or Darkside (or not). How about playing "Obiwan" in Episodes I-III? They could use the score, and voices from all the movies. It would be an awesome experience, if anybody could pull this off the Kotor team could.

The fun of KotOR is discovering the story and performing quests that help you discover the story, i am sure that everyone here (or that would by a SW game) has seen the movies, so it'd be like watching the movie with a character that you couldn't even call your own.

Boring, if you ask me...

The devs looked at doing an OT era game, but there were way too many continuity points to tie into that coming up with a grand scale story was impossible.

And I'm glad they didn't. I wouldn't want to play a game where I was forced to be an existing character, especially one with a well known history like Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The other nice thing is that the KOTOR has more freedom in general. The developers were free to have lots of Dark Jedi running around which meant the opportunity for lightsaber battles. You could also have Jedi with less restrictive rules enforced on them (there might not have been a romance plot, for example). And yet, just about everything in the game is familiar and has a counterpart in the films.

Imagine playing as "Luke Skywalker", or a custom character in Episodes IV-VI, and the choice to choose the Light or Darkside (or not). How about playing "Obiwan" in Episodes I-III? They could use the score, and voices from all the movies. It would be an awesome experience, if anybody could pull this off the Kotor team could.

I agree with you man altough i would like to choose to be either light aka obi wan or dark aka anakin or darth sideous and to keep the same combat system and rpg type gameplay that would be really cool. :lsduel:

Archived