Home

A detailed list of the Heros/Jedi from OPM for BF II!

THE BADGER:

Hey guys I just received my newest issue of OPM and it lists all the 17 Hero's/Jedi that will be in BF II. It also lists what maps they will be seen, and what abilities they will have. I don't have a scanner, but I will type them out for you. I will also type a snip it from the article stating how you get a Jedi an such at the bottom.

PA1=Primary Attack A

PA2=Primary Attack B

SA1=Secondary Attack A

SA2=Secondary Attack B

M= Maps they will be played

Luke Skywalker

PA1=Lightsaber

PA2=Saber Block

SA1=Saber Throw

SA2=Force Push

M= Jedi Temple,Mygeeto,Jabba's Palace, Death Star interior

Leia Organa

PA1=Sporting Blast

PA2=Thermal detonator

SA1=Invulnerability

SA2=None

M= Tantive IV, Theed

Han Solo

PA1=DL44 blaster

PA2=Fusion cutter

SA1=Detpack

SA2=Rally (Defense buff)

M= Utapau, Polis Massa

Chewbacca

PA1=Bowcaster

PA2=Guided Rocket

SA1=Time bomb

SA2=Rage

M= Kashyyyk, Felucia, Yavin

Darth Vader

PA1=Lightsaber

PA2=Saber Block

SA1=Saber Throw

SA2=Force Choke

M= Tantive IV, Jedi Temple, Dagobah, Theed

Emperor Palpatine

PA1=Sidious Lightsaber

PA2=Saber Block

SA1=Force Lighting

SA2=Force Choke

M=Polis Massa, Theed, Death Star interior

Boba Fett

PA1=E-3 Blaster Rifle

PA2=Flamethrower

SA1=Wrist Rocket

SA2=Detpack

M= Kashyyyk, Utapau, Mygeeto, Felucia, Yavin, Jabb'a Palace

Yoda

PA1=Yoda's Lightsaber

PA2=Saber Block

SA1=Force Push

SA2=Force Pull

M= Kashyyyk, Tantive IV, Polis Massa, Dagobah

Obi-Wan Kenobi

PA1=lightsaber

PA2=Saber Block

SA1=Saber throw

SA2=Force push

M= Utapau, Mustafar, Theed

Mace Windu

PA1=Lightsaber

PA2=saber block

SA1=saber throw

SA2=force push

M= Jedi Temple, Yavin, Death Star interior

Ki-Adi-Mundi

PA1=Lightsaber

PA2=saber block

SA1=saber throw

SA2=force pull

M= Mygeeto

Aayla Secura

PA1=Duel light sabers

PA2=saber block

SA1=saber throw

SA2=force pull

M= Felucia, Jabba's Palace

Anakin Skywalker

PA1=lightsaber

PA2=saber block

SA1=saber throw

SA2=force push

M= Mustafar

General Grievous

PA1=Multiple Sabers

PA2=saber block

SA1=Rage ( Damage Increase)

SA2=None

M= Tantive IV, Utapau, Polis Massa, Dagobah, Mygeeto

Darth Maul

PA1=Double saber

PA2=Saber block

SA1=saber throw

SA2=force push

M= Jedi Temple, Mustafar, Jabba's Palace

Count Dooku

PA1=lightsaber

PA2=saber block

SA1=force lightning

SA2=force choke

M= Geonosis

Jango Fett

PA1=Westar-34 blaster

PA2=flamethrower

SA1=wristrocket

SA2=time bomb

M= Kashyyyk, Felucia, Yavin

THE JEDI DIFFERENCE OR USE THE FORCE, GRUNT!

What's a Star Wars game without Jedi Knights? Right, boring. Luckily, Battlefront II provides several ways for you to acquire your own midi-clorianated warrior:

In single player the process of unlocking a Jedi follows the basic rules of the hero system: Achieve specific mission objectives-et voilà-you may find yourself with a Mace Windu or Ki-Adi-Mundi. In the more open-ended galactic conquest mode, you must must win battles to gain special bonuses, one of these being a Jedi. In instant action, you can just pick a Jedi and go lightsaber crazy.

In multiplayer action, the games host largely determines the use of Jedi characters, and there can be only one Jedi on the map per game at any givin time. Becoming a Jedi can be by random selection or dependent upon the number of kills a player has (the most prolific killer gets to be the Jedi). The host can also give one Jedi to each team or limit them to a specific side. In the case of the ladder, let's just say the Empire gets the Jedi. If the Rebellion can kill that Jedi, it will then be able to spawn one for itself-leaving the Empire Jedi-less.

The Jedi come equipped with a usual variety of Force powers: Push, Choke, Jump, Pull, Lightning, and lightsaber throw, as well as a few specific moves for certain Jedi. They can also block blaster fire. Force energy can be depleted, but it regenerates over time.

Hope you guys enjoy!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the list! Great info on heroes.

Unfortunetly several maps were not listed under any heroes, most notably Kamino or Hoth, I wonder if this means that these maps have been cut from the final game, or if they just won't have heroes on that level. Also Kit Fisto was nowhere to be found in the list so I guess he is not in the game either.

Coruscant:Jedi Temple

Dagobah: Dagobah Swamp

Death Star: Death Star Interoir

Endor: Endor Bunker

Felucia:

Geonosis: Dust Plains (or something like that, the video was pretty bad quality so I almost couldn't read it )

Hoth: Echo Base

Jabba's Palace: Jabba's Palace

Kamino: Clone Facility

Kashyyk

Mos Eisley: Tatooine: Mos Eisley

Mustafar: Refinery

Mygeeto

Naboo: Theed

Polis Massa

Space Felucia

Space Hoth

Space Kashyyk

Space Mygeeto

Space Tatooine

Space Yavin

Space Coruscant

Tantive IV

Utapau

Yavin 4

Those maps where in a presentation of BFII, so I think these will be included in BFII.

Yeah I listed everything that was in the article. I am guessing they are not putting the old maps in BF II.

I heard they will put all the original maps + the new ones in Battlefront II.

No-one Worry about Hoth and Kamino, i've seen a screenshot of echo base with luke skywalker as a rebel pilot with his blue lightsaber (his hair looks stupid).

And i've seen a screenshots of Jango Fett and Obi-wan on Kamino,

I think it's on the official site's screenshots.

The List must not be complete.

I don't want to sound harsh or anything, but Jedi are part of Star Wars, whether you like it or not.

Well yeah, of course, but does it make sense to put them in a game like Battlefront, where you play as the soldiers? Don't make me quote Mace from AotC... because what he says is exactly why Jedi SHOULD NOT BE PLAYABLE. There are a few maps, Geonosis, Felucia, Mygeeto, and Kashyyyk (NOT Yoda though, but there was Luminara Unduli on the ground), where Jedi did take a part in leading the clones into battle. But that doesn't mean that they need to be PLAYABLE. They should be AI-controlled.

If you want to play a Jedi-free game, you should really stick to Battlefield 2.

Why can't they just supply a decent battlefield-type Star Wars game? As awesome as BF2 is, it's not Star Wars. Really, I'd have been so much happier if instead LA decided to team up with DICE and make SWBF2 actually an expansion pack for BF2, instead of using the same crappy engine, physics, etc. from SWBF.

Darth Vader

PA1=Lightsaber

PA2=Saber Block

SA1=Saber Throw

SA2=Force Choke

I noticed that Darth Vader isn't even down for the Death Star map.. I mean how ridiculuos is that.. Obviously alot of info isn't provided there and thats only a sample of what will really be happening!

Why can't they just supply a decent battlefield-type Star Wars game? As awesome as BF2 is, it's not Star Wars. Really, I'd have been so much happier if instead LA decided to team up with DICE and make SWBF2 actually an expansion pack for BF2, instead of using the same crappy engine, physics, etc. from SWBF.

Seriously, you took the words right out of my mouth. Why do they insist on using the same crappy engine? Why must jedi be so predominant in this sort of game? What drugs are the devs taking here?

It still looks like it has the possibility of being fun, just the heroes, the engine and the numerous dev errors damage the game far too much. I know I sound like a Battlefront hater, but I'm not. I really do want to love the game and feel pleased with it, but as much as I try, I realise that at the end of the day, it's just another mediocre Star Wars game.

Darth Vader

PA1=Lightsaber

PA2=Saber Block

SA1=Saber Throw

SA2=Force Choke

I noticed that Darth Vader isn't even down for the Death Star map.. I mean how ridiculuos is that.. Obviously alot of info isn't provided there and thats only a sample of what will really be happening!

Darth Vader on Theed but not on the Death Star!!!I agree with you, no Vader on the Death Star is really ridiculuos!

Well yeah, of course, but does it make sense to put them in a game like Battlefront, where you play as the soldiers? Don't make me quote Mace from AotC... because what he says is exactly why Jedi SHOULD NOT BE PLAYABLE. There are a few maps, Geonosis, Felucia, Mygeeto, and Kashyyyk (NOT Yoda though, but there was Luminara Unduli on the ground), where Jedi did take a part in leading the clones into battle. But that doesn't mean that they need to be PLAYABLE. They should be AI-controlled.

The point of the battlefront games has always been to "play the SW battles any way you want". Whether or not Mace wants to fight, you can't deny the fact that Jedi *do* play an important role in the warfare of the prequel movies.

Why shouldn't they be playable? There were several Jedi who were just sent to Geonosis to serve as "soldiers". I do agree with you that "heros" are indeed overused (I think the playable Jedi should have been generic Jedi, not characters from the movies), but you can't completely scrap the Jedi idea for this.

In the prequels, Jedi fought in battles with the clones. They should also in a game based on the movies.

Perhaps you would have been happy, but others would have screamed that LA was just doing mods of other games (SWGB, for example) to make fast money.

I do agree with you on the expansion thing though. I know I will feel robbed after buying the game, but what can I say? I'm a fan.

Why shouldn't they be playable? There were several Jedi who were just sent to Geonosis to serve as "soldiers".

Wrong, they were serving as commanders and generals, not grunts.

In the prequels, Jedi fought in battles with the clones. They should also in a game based on the movies.

But they shouldn't be playable.

Perhaps you would have been happy, but others would have screamed that LA was just doing mods of other games (SWGB, for example) to make fast money.

Well which would you rather have: a crappy $50 game, or an awesome $25 game? I'll choose the latter.

In the Geo arena, they didn't have many troopers to command around did they?

But they shouldn't be playable.

One of the republic trooper is the clone commander. So why wouldn't a Jedi commander/general be playable?

Well which would you rather have: a crappy $50 game, or an awesome $25 game? I'll choose the latter.

To be honest, I agree with you on that last point. I'm just pointing out the fact that reviewers and players have already flagged battlefront as a battlefield clone. I don't think ripping yet another engine would be very good for LA's popularity.

But like I said, I agree with you on that. I haven't played the full Bfield2 yet, but the demo alone is really great.

I don't see how this rips battlefield off... Its in 3rd person for a start!

But then those who play shooters before battlefield was released could say they ripped off all those games such as counter strike and wolfenstein, every1 is just comparing games to the best game even if that game was copied! but apparently that doesnt matter :-\

Battlefront 2 is copying Battlefront 1 if anything.. LOL!

But then those who play shooters before battlefield was released could say they ripped off all those games such as counter strike and wolfenstein

Ha, I remember Wolfwnstein, I played that game all the time when it came out. I guess that makes me old then.

Well they fought on the front lines in that battle, commanders and generals don't fight on the front line. And I don't remember one clone trooper on the ground either, they were in the gunships. It was just Jedi, and Padma, on the ground fighting. And they fought on the front lines with the troopers on Princess Amidala's planet. Naboo was it?

Well, the fight between playable, and non playable Jedi starts again. There really is no reason to worry about it, the host can turn them off it he wishes.

And Vader is in the Death Star, I missed that map when I was typing.

Actually, a good point was brought up there, the host can turn off Jedi, so that's ok.

Thinking actually, the majority of players of this game will be the usual fanboys (no offense to anyone in this forum with Jedi as their religion) and so the hosts will have Jedi on.

I suppose however that some hosts WILL turn them off, and instant action is always there, so all hope is not lost.

Archived