Home

A detailed list of the Heros/Jedi from OPM for BF II!

THE BADGER:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's better ways or rewarding players than having them compete with their own team to get the Jedi. Really, that's not encouraging teamwork at all - it's encouraging players to whore the tanks to get more kills than everyone else, or even playing as crappy as possible (the server owner can even set it so the worst player gets the Jedi, like a handicap).

Look at BF2 for example: you can advance through ranks, unlock weapons, earn awards and medals, etc. and gain command over lower-ranking players through combat and teamwork. And this stuff is permanent; it doesn't just go away when the life bar is drained.

I have to agree with you here. I think the system in Bfield 2 is quite simply awesome. It would surely improve Bfront if we could have something similar.

And personally, I think that in a military game, you should be rewarded like you would in the military. I mean, when was the last time a Clone Trooper was promoted by making him a Jedi?

Like MachineCult said.

About the general debate we had :

For our own sanity, I'll leave it there. This is due to 2 things :

1. We could likely persue this arguments-throwing contest for days, because both you and I have deeply entrenched viewpoints and we stick to our ideas (which is good).

2. You have to admit that the quality of the debate deteriorated over the last posts. You stick to the website, I stick to the book; that's it.

That surely doesn't mean I accept your opinions as true, however. I just think we're going nowhere, and it's pointless to continue. Whatever I quote from the book, you'll just stick to your organizations thing from website.

To the thread starter : sorry for hijaking the topic :) I just couldn't stand by and watch TK whine again without doing anything ;)

When was the last time you saw a normal clone soldier just hopping into a Gunship or a tank? In reality only pilots would be able to use them.

I fail to see how that relates at all.

The clone trooper doesn't become a Jedi, the Jedi just enters the battlefield.

As you can see in those videos someone posted in another thread, once a clone player hits a certain goal, a question pops up if they want to play as a Jedi, and the player answers yes or no. If yes, the player goes from clone to Jedi.

I think the heroes are really more a reward for singleplayer not multiplayer, from what you said Jedi seem to go better in the singleplayer mode.

It would be fine if they were only playable in SP, but no, they're also going to be just as big in MP.

Oh and Darth54, there's an unwritten rule that the OS overrides anything any book says. Sorry if you didn't know until now... ;)

I fail to see how that relates at all.

He probably means that a rookie foot soldier wouldn't be allowed to play with a B52, and that we shouldn't really consider Bfront's gameplay as "militarily correct".

As you can see in those videos someone posted in another thread, once a clone player hits a certain goal, a question pops up if they want to play as a Jedi, and the player answers yes or no. If yes, the player goes from clone to Jedi.

He meant that the clone himself doesn't become the Jedi. The player does. He said that because you used the word "promoted". Of course that changes absolutely nothing.

Oh and Darth54, there's an unwritten rule that the OS overrides anything any book says. Sorry if you didn't know until now... ;)

Unwritten? So you can't say it's true, and I can't accept it :)

He probably means that a rookie foot soldier wouldn't be allowed to play with a B52, and that we shouldn't really consider Bfront's gameplay as "militarily correct".

Absolute correctness in a game isn't possible. I mean, even BF2 isn't entirely correct, because being hit by a single bullet, even if it just grazes you, would knock you to the ground. However, just because you can't get absolute perfection is no excuse not to try to get it as correct as possible.

Unwritten? So you can't say it's true, and I can't accept it :)

Well, it is true, no matter if you accept it or not. :)

Absolute correctness in a game isn't possible. I mean, even BF2 isn't entirely correct, because being hit by a single bullet, even if it just grazes you, would knock you to the ground.

...and you can revive anyone with a defibrillator :D

That being said, I really miss a "real" medic class in Bfront (not some pilot bull****). I like playing as a medic in BField because it's really a different gameplay. In Bfront, all the classes exist to deal damage (except, of course, the pilot who is some sort of jack-of-all trade monster).

Well, it is true, no matter if you accept it or not. :)

Prove it :p

...and you can revive anyone with a defibrillator :D

Ahaha, yeah.

That being said, I really miss a "real" medic class in Bfront (not some pilot bull****). I like playing as a medic in BField because it's really a different gameplay. In Bfront, all the classes exist to deal damage (except, of course, the pilot who is some sort of jack-of-all trade monster).

That's another thing BF2 misses... a medic class (or I guess a repairman for CIS). It would be nice if it was like in BF2, where you can sometimes be revived when you go down. Of course, it would be better to use something more like the bacta healer in Republic Commando...

Prove it :p

Because the books often differ from the movies, but the OS is very reliable in that it's true to the movies.

Come on, stop this useless argument and use your time on something more productiv, like finding out what a Detpack is and why these to both have it.

Han Solo

PA1=DL44 blaster

PA2=Fusion cutter

SA1=Detpack

SA2=Rally (Defense buff)

M= Utapau, Polis Massa

Boba Fett

PA1=E-3 Blaster Rifle

PA2=Flamethrower

SA1=Wrist Rocket

SA2=Detpack

M= Kashyyyk, Utapau, Mygeeto, Felucia, Yavin, Jabb'a Palace

Any one know what a Detpack is?

The Detpack will definatly be an remote explosive, just remember the Explosives Experts in JA Siege, they even had DETPACKS, so i dunno why SWBF2 and JAS Detpacks should be different to each other cause its both Star Wars

Uh... when was the last time we knew LucasArts to copy stuff from one of their games to the next, just because they're both Star Wars?

well watch at SWBF 2 and answer the question urself, LA is even copiing enough stuff from SWBF1, like the crappy engine etc. u might say now "yes because its a sequel". Then i would answer "A Sequel is not a reason to copy Stuff from the prequel" except the story and characters of course like in other Game Series..And u can just look a JK2 and JA.. even there they copied stuff like the weapons, cause they are Star Wars Weapons. And a Detpack is a Detpack i think it doesnt matter if its in SWBF or JA. Im Pretty sure its nearly the same like in JA, but lets see what the Release Version will show us

And u can just look a JK2 and JA.. even there they copied stuff like the weapons, cause they are Star Wars Weapons.

They didn't copy the weapons because they're SW weapons. JA is like... one year after JO? It's only normal for the galaxy's inhabitants to use similar weaponry after just one year or so. TSL didn't copy JO/JA weaps.

I know, its a sucide bomber :explode: . The Detpack unit. Run into a group of units and explode. As long as you kill another unit, its even, if you kill 2 or more, its worth it.

I could be wrong about the new unit, but then it would have to be short for: Detergent Pack. How else would the Imperials keep their armor shiny white :blast5:? Maybe it has added bleach.

Archived