Home

NO FORUMS@pcgamemods.com

Qball21213

I guess I'll just more or less copy/paste something I just posted at Holowan:

Since many LucasForums members post their mods at PCGM, we decided to compensate by opening a new forum:

the Taris Upper City Emporium .

That being said, we also strongly encourage you to post your mods at LucasFiles, which is the only officially recognized website ;)

Note that the Taris Upper City Emporium is exclusively reserved for modders to announce their new mod/utility releases and for visitors to give them their feedback.

Please read this before posting in the new forum: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=152042

:)

all u ppl screaming ban can bite me. did u not think that if they ip ban him I WILL BE BAN TO FOR NO REASON! we're brothers and if it wont let it use a file off that ip adress then im screwed to. think before u speak. i agree that all the ppl (including my brother) acted stupidly but i can also tell u that revan and my brother apologized.

btw i never saw a forum on pcgm saying it was going under upgrades and my brother and revan had no idea the site was run by the same guy. i personally think when u take a site down for maintanence or upgrades u dont just redirect the url to ur other site u send it to one saying its under upgrades. they both believed that the site had been replaced by the guesswhichmovie site.

and by the way i didnt think wat voyager said was as bad as revan. revans was tru hate mail and hes apologized for that. i made him apologize :) wat voyager said was simply an "angry email" (him bitching) about the site that he thot had been replaced without any warning. its the only place he and i had to post mods reliably and it just went down so i can say that i would have been pissed had i found about before he did. (i wouldnt have freaked out but then again i dont take mods as seriously as others do)

i was also under the implication that these were not the only reason that the forums were removed. sergio said that there were many ppl like that spawning on pcgm and he just used voyager as an example.

i think this says more about us as a group then one person. that any one site would need to remove the forums because some ppl (not only voyager) take these things so seriously. alot of ppl need to take a break and realize that games arent the entire world. this is not the result of the acts of one person but of many ppl that abused the forums

ps it will be nice to be rid of those idiots that always cry about no screenshots... and the idiots that just call ppl noob and end up discouraging the ppl from doing mods. sometimes dont you think that some of those ppl could have made some really good mods once they got into it? i think we really need to work on everybodys actions on the forums for kotor. we all need to stop and think more often... i never thot the kotor forums would come to THIS

im not "defending" them or anything so dont u all start bitching at me... im just saying we all have to accept responsibility in some small way for the loss of the forums...

ps posting the emails of the ppl was REALLY cruel on sergios part... just as much hate mail has now been sent to my computer and its the same thing only ther now blaming the down site on my brother

You seem a bit behind on the times, masterchief2491. People have been talking about the upgrade for ages. And, as it happens, we no longer have forums or commenting sections. There aren't any naysayers to get rid of. Also, if you haven’t noticed, there has been a lot of flaming, spamming, and general dumb-assery on the board over the past 3 months. "Mod fanatics" little to do with the deterioration of the site.

Regarding the hate mail: What Sergio did was unnaturally justified. I don't think you're fully grasping the concept that Sergio is the sole reason for PCGM. He made the site, and he pays for it. The fact that he is nice enough to keep it running should always be taken under consideration.

The mail Sergio received spoke volumes. Wouldn't it have been more effective to simply ask why the site was down? Hmmm? No, we have to threaten his life, and call him vulgar things. Logic prevails!

What Voyager said WAS as bad as Revan: It was pointless, overactive, totally uncalled for flaming of Sergio, that didn't do a thing for the current situation. If they didn't know about the upgrades, and didn't know about Sergio being the sole admin...well:

think before u speak.

The bottom line is: the situation is resolved. What happened happened. We can't change the past (and I'm pretty sure that, in Sergio's case, we can't change the future). As long as such behavior is never exhibited again, we're all golden..

did i say i blamed it on fanatics?? no i said that it wasnt just one person. it was that forums have been abused by MANY ppl. i already said dont freak out on me. i never said what he did wasnt stupid. i stand by my opinion that segio overreacted and humiliated my brother. i probably would have done the same thing BUT that doesnt make it just. i was simply saying to everyone blaming it all on voyager that they were rong and that the forums had been deteriating for a while. and dont say im "behind the times" just because im not so obsessed with kotor moding that i actually read the ahto space port forums or read every thread on pcgm. only reason i found this one thread was because i was directed to it by sithslayer. and dont tell me it would have been better if they asked why it was down because as i said I would NOT have acted like they did. i was simply telling those who blamed it all on them and were sending HIM hate mail (due to wat sergio did which i believe is COMPLETELY unjustified and a COMPLETE invasion of privacy to post someones email on a public site) to think before THEY spoke and sent him hate mail for what was going to happen ANYWAYS!!! i hope this thread is shut down because it is completely pointless to sit her argueing about wat we believe is right and rong. i hope that everyone learns that hate mail NEVER gets you what you want. PLEASE MODERATORS DEACTIVATE THIS THREAD IT IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY USELESS! if anyone is banned i believe everyone who sent a hate message to ANYONE should be equally punnished. since that is NEVER going to happen seeing as sergio will not ban people for doing exactly what he wanted them to do then i suggest everyone keep there insults about my brother and anyone else to themselves!

ur right tho... its in the past and thats why the thread should be deleted. we cant change the past al we can do is learn from it.

the future is a different matter. if we learn to be a little more understanding and considerat.. everyone of us... i mean voyager and revan too... then wel be able to work a lot better with each other... i myself am considering quiting modding after the stargate conversion is done because of how disapointed i am in everyone in the modding community including the moderators... when i joined everyone was nicer and more helpfull but now ppl get big egos and think their better then others. i agree with sergio that the forums being removed is a good thing. itl teach some ppl that if you abuse your privilages ur guna loose them. hopefully everyone can move on and learn from this. we can change the future if we work to be better towards everyone even if you disagree with them or just simply dont like them.

Excuse me, but I'm not the one overreacting here. You need to calm down. I wasn't freaking out, I was merely being firm.

Now, it seems I misunderstood you about blaming the fanatics, but I was under the impression that you implied it:

i think this says more about us as a group then one person. that any one site would need to remove the forums because some ppl (not only voyager) take these things so seriously. alot of ppl need to take a break and realize that games arent the entire world.

I was wrong, apparently. Sorry for the misunderstanding. When I rant I tend to do some third person stuff; you may have gotten the impression that I was directing all my criticism at you. I was not, I was aiming it at those among the ranks that took it upon themselves to flame Sergio. If your “brother” is among them, you have my regrets for insulting him. I’m sure he has seen the error of his ways by now.

i wasnt mad im just to lazy to use italics and stuff to emphasize words so i caps them instead. i just cant believe how so many ppl can have such little commen sense and not think to talk things over PRIVATELY with each other maybe???? i misunderstood what u said too and im sorry if it sounded as if i was getting worked up.

i myself am very disapointed that even some of the biggest names in the modding comunity could act so childishley. im really dissapointed that sergio posted the email addys. that was really unfair cuz what he got was nothing compared to what is still pouring into my brothers inbox. and that even moderators thot it was funny... thats really not good because wasnt the hole problem do to a couple angry emails? now he got my brother back 10 fold in the number of emails... im really dissapointed... i thot we were better then this

masterchief2491,

You said "im not "defending" them or anything", yet in every one of your posts you try to redirect or "spin doctor" the blame from those who acted badly... and frankly I am a little disturbed by your attempts to put the blame back on this community.

PLEASE MODERATORS DEACTIVATE THIS THREAD IT IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY USELESS! if anyone is banned i believe everyone who sent a hate message to ANYONE should be equally punnished.

This sounds a little dubious to me, your intentions with this request are simply to cover up your brothers misdeeds. This thread should and needs to stay up to serve as a warning to people to not act badly like this.

all u ppl screaming ban can bite me.

All who sent Sergio those hateful emails should be IP banned for a period of time that Sergio, who owns and operates the site, see's fit. You should thank your lucky stars he is such a nice guy and didn't do such a thing. Sergio took it all in stride, your brother should just be grateful he didn't IP ban him.

And if the thought of an IP ban bothers you because you share an internet connection, then maby you should come down on him yourself for his bad behavior, instead of wasting time attempting to defend him here.

As for the whole "bite me" part, I find your attitude dreadful, and it smacks of a bit of immaturity... your brother acted badly, yet we are the bad guys here... [Sarcasm] this is a reasonable assumption. :dozey:

i just cant believe how so many ppl can have such little commen sense and not think to talk things over PRIVATELY with each other maybe????

If you wanted privacy you don't send the webmaster of a site offensive emails... they will be posted, as it is that webmasters or anyones right to do so, and you have no right to ask for any form of privacy now!

the future is a different matter. if we learn to be a little more understanding and considerat.. everyone of us... i mean voyager and revan too... then wel be able to work a lot better with each other... i myself am considering quiting modding after the stargate conversion is done because of how disapointed i am in everyone in the modding community including the moderators... when i joined everyone was nicer and more helpfull but now ppl get big egos and think their better then others.

:eyeraise: Wow man... just WOW! :rofl:

You are thinking of quitting because you are dissapointed at the Moderators and the Modders in this comminity, because we all did something wrong and now we have big ego's, and are somehow the ones to blame for this whole incident here, like we made Voyager763 and the others send hate emails to Sergio... I have never read such a childish boatload of 'I'm feeling sorry for myself so I wanna run away' schlock in my life! :lol:

Seriously, you need not get angry at those who laughed or called your brother and the others on their bad actions, to blame us all for laughing at their misdeeds is really childish and unreasonable on your part.

Why do they have Darwin Awards? So that people can laugh at the stupidest members of our society. We laughed at your brother and the others statements and complete lack of maturity, now because you don't like that you say we have "ego's" because we laughed and try to blame us for something... anything to make us out as the bad guys in your mind. Bad form! :mad:

i myself am very disapointed that even some of the biggest names in the modding comunity could act so childishley.

The only childish ones here are the individuals that sent Sergio hate mail like your brother Voyager763 and the others. Sergio did what any normal person would have done in the same situation.

im really dissapointed that sergio posted the email addys. that was really unfair cuz what he got was nothing compared to what is still pouring into my brothers inbox.

Sergio has every right to post whatever he wants to. There is no law against posting any sort of personal email on the internet, this includes the address.

Voyager763 is now getting hate mail solely because he made an @ss out of himself in front of the world... Sergio cannot be to blame for this incident, only Voyager763... period!

and that even moderators thot it was funny...

Mature people will think that what happened is funny, because it really is. People behaving childish and badly can be real funny, especially if they are being serious. But don't you try to put blame on them for laughing at your brothers and others childish actions...

thats really not good because wasnt the hole problem do to a couple angry emails? now he got my brother back 10 fold in the number of emails...

And he deserves all that for doing what he did! Every action has consequesnces, this is the consequesnces for his actions, how is this Sergios or our fault? Simple, it is your brothers fault.

Now you are making yourself out to be almost as bad for all the defensive posts... remember if your brother hadn't have acted in the first place none of this would have happened and his inbox would be normal.

im really dissapointed...i thot we were better then this

You have no right to be disappointed at any of us, be dissappointed at the cause of the problem, Voyager763 and the others... they had no right to send any email to Sergio... please start by aiming your disappointment at your brother and the others.

Stop making your brother and yourself out as the ones wronged here.

Stop trying to defend Voyager763's bad behavior by childishly condemning this modding community and Sergio.

Bottom line... there would be no outcry and Voyager763 hate mail if Voyager763 hadn't opened his big mouth in the first place.

I do realise that you have a need to defend your sibling, I respect that, but you also have to temper this emotion with reason... a simple apology is all that was needed here, not the whole of what you posted, actually you shouldn't have posted here at all because any such apology, explination, or statement to Sergio for what they said should have come from Voyager763 and the other offenders themselves.

I also realise you will not like what I have said here one bit...

*RedHawke prepares for the multitudes of emotional and heated four letter words from any possible response from masterchief2491.*

Here are the facts...

The forums and comments section was shut down duely to the JA community of people who like was said thought they could do what ever they want. And in effect of that they have ran off many important people of the ja community. Those people was getting too wild and they had to be shut down before more things could happen. Sergio came to me and asked what I thought about having no forums or comments. I told him it was pretty bad there in JA, with them running off alot of ppl and especially one good modeling friend of mine Neomarz. Sergio agreed and so as you can see no forums or comments. The site is back in peace and harmony, no wild forum posters thinking they run things. But there was a few people who uploaded stuff to the file system bashing sergios decision of the forums. They was simply deleted and if anymore will come they will also be deleted. As for Sergio's Email Q&A session, that was halarous. I believe he is gonna have another batch of Q&A's very soon. Overall this was good for the JA Community and im sorry that this had to effect the kotor section, but looks like you all have a better community here.

Here are the facts...

The forums and comments section was shut down duely to the JA community of people who like was said thought they could do what ever they want. And in effect of that they have ran off many important people of the ja community. Those people was getting too wild and they had to be shut down before more things could happen. Sergio came to me and asked what I thought about having no forums or comments. I told him it was pretty bad there in JA, with them running off alot of ppl and especially one good modeling friend of mine Neomarz. Sergio agreed and so as you can see no forums or comments. The site is back in peace and harmony, no wild forum posters thinking they run things. But there was a few people who uploaded stuff to the file system bashing sergios decision of the forums. They was simply deleted and if anymore will come they will also be deleted. As for Sergio's Email Q&A session, that was halarous. I believe he is gonna have another batch of Q&A's very soon. Overall this was good for the JA Community and im sorry that this had to effect the kotor section, but looks like you all have a better community here.

This is already a really long post that I don't care to read every detail of, but I still want to voice my opinion. If it was just a bad situation in the JA section, why penalize the rest of the community? It sounds to me that it could have been remedied by having a handful of good moderators. And, just another two cents, I don't like the new set up very much either.

Well if sergio just took down the ja forums they would spread to the other forums. Which would not have helped things any. It would have been like a virus spreading. All of it had to be wiped out, to keep the virus from spreading to other boards. Yea those ppl might come here and go other places, but the mods of those places will be ready for them.

I think that moderation would have solved the problem. All they needed to do was set down some more official rules, and enforce them. In the case of PCgamemods, the rules were weak and there was practically no moderation system. Everyone was given free range, and obviously some couldn't handle the responsibility.

Besides, KotOR was the only other forum remotely active, and it was still sparsely used. Occasionally we might get JA members leaking into the other sections, but for the most part it was a JA/Off Topic forum.

Though I miss the comments section, I can completely support Sergio for his decision(s).

I wasn't a "major player" over at PCGM's Forums, though I tried to post helpful posts when I could. Everything seemed to be going fine until rather recently there were tons of new members posting off-topic comments & carrying on 'private' conversations totally devoid of having to do anything with the mod or modder... Unfortunately, it started bleeding over into the KotOR/TSL forums section as well (which until that time was perhaps the best kept forums there IMO)

One thing I definitely don't miss is the "post screenies!" comments ten million times in the same thread (by different posters nonetheless) :rolleyes: Plus the fact that half the time it was on mods well over 6+ months old... meh...

I may be a "loner" on this, but I rather like the new setup. Since we're able to edit our mod submissions now, I can easily add screenies, updates or link to my release threads here (which was what I would've preferred & done back then had it been an option)...

I'm just happy Sergio still kept pcgamemods alive. He did (and still does) have the option to just completely abandon the idea. Frankly, I'd miss the FREE hosting/bandwidth more than anything :eek:

If you read this Sergio.. Thank You :D

I may be a "loner" on this, but I rather like the new setup.

On a whole I agree that it's a clear improvement.

While the browsing is a bit more troublesome, I miss the "top lists" thing and some form of comment area would have been nice, the new control panel letting you edit your submissions and upload screenshots more than makes up for those shortcomings. :)

Its this ease of use and efficiency where you can do everything quickly yourself that makes me use pcgamemods and not lucasfiles or filefront. The file submission process on those other sites is too awkward and draconian.

(I realise LucasFiles is attached to this site, but I still think it's way over the top to require you to read 7 pages of tightly packed legalese before being allowed to submit a file. It's not easy reading for someone who isn't a native english speaker. I got to page 3 before my head started spinning and I gave up and started using pcgamemods instead. :) )

I think I only have 1-2 mods on Lucasfiles, while all of my others are on PCGAMEMODS- See the bottom of my sig.

All the "post screenshots" comments should be eliminated now, because it tells how many shots are on in the mod. (the little green sqaure with a number on it)

But yeah, moderation would have taken care of things. Oh well, im through with most of those games anyways, and on to bigger and better things :)

(I realise LucasFiles is attached to this site, but I still think it's way over the top to require you to read 7 pages of tightly packed legalese before being allowed to submit a file. It's not easy reading for someone who isn't a native english speaker. I got to page 3 before my head started spinning and I gave up and started using pcgamemods instead. :) )

stoffe, you aren't alone in this, I also find LucasFiles submission rules a pain in the backside as well. ;)

On a whole I agree that it's a clear improvement.

While the browsing is a bit more akward, I miss the "top lists" thing and some form of comment area would have been nice, the new control panel letting you edit your submissions and upload screenshots more than makes up for those shortcomings. :)

Its this ease of use and efficiency where you can do everything quickly yourself that makes me use pcgamemods and not lucasfiles or filefront. The file submission process on those other sites is too awkward and draconian.

I agree 100%... pcgamemods.com just seems sooooo much easier...

Well, I decided to give it one more chance. I went to upload new screenshots of all my mods, but it only let me upload the ones for Sheer Asian Undies. When I attempted to upload pics of my Spirit of the Force and Spectre of the Force robes, I kept getting an error. Now I have 16 empty screenshots and the "manage screenshots" function is not working. I attempted to find a help section, and there isn't one that I can see. Can someone here help me?

Archived