Home

Ghost in the Shell: Episode - 'Stand Alone Complex'

The Source

Your a very intresting person... You like politically correct language!? Lol... Within our world, we live by many controls. When someone tries to control another's language, actions, or beliefs, they are usually compensating for a lack in another place... Hmmm...

Since you are relying on your friend's opinion, you must not have one of your own... That must come from the controlled world that you live in.

As a designer, you don't get second jobs without proving your worth. My statement was my own opinion, and should be taken as such.

I think it's time for you to be quiet and stop posting more than one post in a row. And you need to re-read what he typed, assumptions only make you appear to be an ass.

story possiblities for GitS are almost endless, they should make 6 or 7 seasons of it... like stargate sg1 has many seasons... it would be awesome to have the same for GitS, but the stories are only limited by writers imaginations...

Horrid idea. It'll only end up getting boring and redundant like those multiple 100+ episode shounen anime's.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's time for you to be quiet and stop posting more than one post in a row. And you need to re-read what he typed, assumptions only make you appear to be an ass.

Horrid idea. It'll only end up getting boring and redundant like those multiple 100+ episode shounen anime's.

When I started this thread, I didn't expect people with negative atitudes to post here. If you hate the show, why don't you stop posting in here. Hopefully, some 'real' moderator will prune this thread, so we can get back on track...

When I started this thread, I didn't expect people with negative atitudes to post here. If you hate the show, why don't you stop posting in here. Hopefully, some 'real' moderator will prune this thread, so we can get back on track...

You're the one assuming we have negative attitudes here. I like Ghost in the Shell, I just don't follow blindly.

Your a very intresting person... You like politically correct language!? Lol... Within our world, we live by many controls. When someone tries to control another's language, actions, or beliefs, they are usually compensating for a lack in another place... Hmmm...

I guess you haven't heard of a joke *rollseyes*

Since you are relying on your friend's opinion, you must not have one of your own... That must come from the controlled world that you live in.

Who said I did that? I trust my friends opinions, and that is my choice ;) It doesn't involve being controlled in any way.

As a designer, you don't get second jobs without proving your worth. My statement was my own opinion, and should be taken as such.

Well duh, you gotta realise that other people have opinions too and in addition I was stating the opinions of those who are not present on their behalf.

If you don't want negative comments in your thread then you might as well not come to a web forum because there's going to be a wide variety of people with different opinion with a lot of those opinions not going to be the same as yours.

Aye, it's better to have quality over quantity. It is true that you can make a lot of different stories of Section 9 but then it'll end up like 24 and seem like things are happening over and over and over. Unk the repetitiveness x.x

... unless you're watching Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo which are mostly just "filler eps"

I disagree. Those episodes were essential for character development and such (though yeah, some were fillers. That's not really a bad thing, though. Just means more bebop for us;) ).

wow, this thread is getting vicious :D

it wouldn't be so bad if they made several seasons if they did each season like in a book style story, i.e. one story per season, they could even introduce some background to each character, add some filler, introduce new characters etc.

basically, the main character (Motoko) has a cybernetic body etc. and could live a long time, point: the story or stories could happen over a wide time frame... people come, people go, lots of room for this show to grow and go places...

That's the problem I see, it's very easy to create different stories, but what I find with animes is that it's not necessarilly the plain story that they're trying to bring across but rather the message of that story. And relying on the Major all the time can still make it seem repetitive, and what happens if you've said all you need to say about a character who has recieved all the character background they can handle? Do you just take the spotlight off of them or do you kill them off? Characters only work when they have a purpose and need to grow. If a character has grown to the point where you can't add anymore than that character has no worth and is just there for appearance.

I find that a lot of long running shows have this problem and the way writers try to avoid it is by either slowing the progression of growth down to a snails pace or by pushing the character back once in awhile... which is predictable really, at least IMO lol. And what of the lessons already learnt in past seasons? Will they be retained or forgotten?...

New Ghost in the Shell? (09:45 AM EDT): According to an article at Anime News Service, 2nd Gig series director Kenji Kamiyama hinted at ".. a sequel to 2ndGIG" may be forthcoming but specified that it's form hasn't taken shape yet, though with the international success of the property as well as how good it's done in Japan you can imagine a number of backers wanting into another TV season.

i think if you can get some really good writers, they would know how to balance it out, before it gets too repetitive... another reason for saying that maybe 6 or 7 seasons/stories would be good, instead of 10 or 12... but the thing with one story per season, you would get some of the new stuff, the suspence and some of the growth without going too far, perhaps... JMO

First off, I don't hate the show. I like it, that's why I don't want to see it ruined by becoming something boring and redundant. I think you need to re-read what people are saying, so far I haven't seen anything of a negative attitude. The only real issue that's occurring is you trying to play moderator/god. Your constant assumptions, that are quite often off base, are annoying and only lead to conflict. I suggest you try to avoid getting on the internet if you can't handle people have different opinions than you. This is not happy fun circle where we all go "OMG THAT R TEH BEST IDEAZ EVAR!". This is a forum where people come to express themselves without hindering on others ability to express. So far the only person that's hindering is you. No one has told you that you can't have your opinion.

Second "real moderators"?

We're hardly off track as we're still discussing the show.

that would be cool if they do make a third season of it, i think GitS is popular enough and the content is good enough for at least a couple more seasons anyway without getting into a slide of sorts...

Yes the content is there, but the real thing is we've never seen a show with more than 100 or so eps that didn't have a lot of lag and just outright start to suck over time. You get a lot of those arcs that contain mostly filler eps and about 4 real story pushing episodes. I'd rather GiTS go out with a bang than die some mass marketted tool of sucktitude.

Insane - Just a missunderstanding. However, as a moderator yourself, I would use the words "Shut Up', or A$#. Some of us have reported you.

... I've edited the shut up part (quite a while back) as that has been deemed non-usable in this forum. Other than that I've broken no rules, so report all you want.

Anyway, any of you check out the tin-sets they have at Best Buy? Comes with the OST free. Pretty swanky.

Archived