Home

HST Suicide Note.

CapNColostomy

What's been published of it is pretty sad, I say.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/books/09/08/people.thompson.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rolling Stone, the magazine that was home for years to Hunter S. Thompson, will publish a note written by the gonzo journalist days before he committed suicide in February.

Douglas Brinkley, the presidential historian who is also Thompson's official biographer, writes that a February 16 note may be Thompson's final written words. It reads:

"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun -- for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax -- This won't hurt."

Hunter left the note for his wife, Anita. He shot himself four days later at his home in Aspen, Colorado, after weeks of pain from a host of physical problems that included a broken leg and a hip replacement.

Written in black marker, the note was titled, "Football Season Is Over."

Brinkley writes in the magazine, on newsstands Friday, "February was always the cruelest month for Hunter S. Thompson. An avid NFL fan, Hunter traditionally embraced the Super Bowl in January as the high-water mark of his year. February, by contrast, was doldrums time."

Most of Thompson's early writings appeared in Rolling Stone. In pieces of great length, he often portrayed himself as a wildly intoxicated observer and participant.

The writer's ashes were blown into the sky in Woody Creek, Colorado, amid fireworks on August 20.

I don't really think the Patriot Act had much to do with HST's suicide note being published, but...I guess any chance to complain about the Patriot Act should be jumped on whenever it comes up.

I'm not saying that it had to do with it, I'm just saying the act really stomps on our privacy.

... What the giant mother of crap? How the hell did this turn into "how I'd kill myself" "omg patriot act r evilz!"?

Such utter disrespect for an HST thread will not be tolerated.

Anyway, it is kinda ... odd... that they'd release something like a suicide note. Especially Hunter's, dude loved his privacy and all, then again I've been curious as to what it said.

... What the giant mother of crap? How the hell did this turn into "how I'd kill myself" "omg patriot act r evilz!"?

Such utter disrespect for an HST thread will not be tolerated.

Anyway, it is kinda ... odd... that they'd release something like a suicide note. Especially Hunter's, dude loved his privacy and all, then again I've been curious as to what it said.

Yea sorry for Hijacking the thread there, but yea, why would you release the suicide note of a guy who loved his privacy

Yea sorry for Hijacking the thread there, but yea, why would you release the suicide note of a guy who loved his privacy

I dunno. He's dead. What's he gonna do about it? On a side note, can you think of more appropriate or kickass name for a suicide note than "Football Season is Over."? I sure as hell can't.

Nothing's hidden anymore. If people want to find it, they will. Why did they publish it? The Press always loves to dig into the lives of famous people... look at the cover of any magazine and you're bound to find some story speculating divorce of couples or marriage or "are they too thin?" or "they're too fat"... some people just aren't happy unless they're nagging at somebody else...

Archived