Home

Tutorials

Jufa

Because I couldn't find any threads with tutorials about jka coding, I decided to start one.

Other reason is that I don't know any tutorials and I would like to get some :)

Soooo if you guys know some tutorials for JKA (coding tutorials, not mapping or something similar) post them here for public use :D

• 3 weeks later...

that wouldnt require any modeling. I am not talking about putting a jetpack on someone that LOOKS like the one from battlefront. I am talking about making it WORK like the dark troopers jetpack from battlefront. You can use the standard JA jetpack for all I care.

The dark trooper in battlefront has a jetpack that allows him to jump really high. It has fuel just like the normal jetpack and the fuel regenerates slowly. And it takes about half the fuel for a single jump. You do a double jump in battlefront to use the jetpack, and when you do, it pretty much just pushes you up alot and in the direction you were traveling a little bit. Its height would be about the equivilent of a force jump level 3.

yep, that's how it works :)

right now i'm making classes for the mod and editing some weapons and starting to make the "skill" things.

then i need to decide am i going to make 3rd team for the mod or not.

it would be cool but it would take lots of coding.

edit -

and thanks again for the tuts :)

edit #2 -

how i can force players to use specific model? (haven't found the way to do it, yet)

i don't want to see jedis with stormtrooper model or something :D

try looking at the coding for siege. In siege it uses .scl files to force certain classes to use certain models.

Here is an idea, you could try to make the game look for a .scl file for all your classes (and just make new .scl files) and that way server admins and/or modders could modify the classes if they wanted to customize the game a bit :)

i think i found way to force models. i'll try it today.

and about that text-file that has classes,

that would be nice :p

but i don't think i'm going to make it yet because i haven't messed with getting data from text-files and then using that data in the code. I think i have to look at the siege coding and try to understand that :/ :p

...or... hmm.. naah... i think i'll just integrate those classes to the code so admins can't modify the classes. that would un-balance the game :/

but that idea could be used to other things. (i have on in my mind) :p

but hey! does anybody know how to place effects or models? i mean, i'd like to make little nice athmosphere effects (better rocket-trail, droid-parts to the ground when droid dies. and explode effects when droids die (playable ones))

Archived