Home

Do you think the psp grathics is crap?

• 2 weeks later...
...take it on airplanes and stuff...

Which is when you (people in general, not you TK-8252) need a life. Stop playing games every time you might be a little board. Learn to sit down for a while without doing anything and just relax or read. Stop staring your eyes away at a small screen. Get a longer attention span. [Though I must admit, my laptop was very useful on the 9 hour car trip to college. (I wasn't play games though, I was programming) ]

Which is when you (people in general, not you TK-8252) need a life. Stop playing games every time you might be a little board. Learn to sit down for a while without doing anything and just relax or read. Stop staring your eyes away at a small screen. Get a longer attention span. [Though I must admit, my laptop was very useful on the 9 hour car trip to college. (I wasn't play games though, I was programming) ]

Playing games is relaxing.

And READING? What, you mean BOOKS? Do people DO THAT?

• 2 weeks later...

Considering these kind of graphics were on the PS2 when it first came out no. The graphics are great for a portable gameplayer. But we all know graphics come second to gameplay and getting the right games developed for your machine, right? Millions of people have downloaded emulators so they could play Super Mario Bros all over again, it's all about fun- not realism.

Portable game-playing does a lot more than you guys give it credit for. Look at Pokemon, I don't like it myself but a HELL of a lot of people do and it's been one of the most successful game-series of all time. All through a GameBoy.

But the new Pokemon is crap though. The old ones made no pretence that 80% of all Pokemon you could capture were useless, but the new ones just spawn so many new ones that you pick ones that you think look "brilliant" and find out you're getting beaten by a Porygon!

Tag-Teaming is fun though.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally don't believe the graphics are, "crap". As previously stated, it is a portable system, and it is only capable of so much. Memory constraints make designing games of this quality for portable systems quite difficult. Regardless the graphics certainly surpass that of psx and N64 and almost rival some xbox and playstation games. The better quality of graphics, the less gameplay on the PSP version, and maps. In response to one user who inquired about a version for the gameboy micro...The gameboy micro is not a different system, it is a dimunitive version of gameboy advance, nothing more, nothing less. If they were to construct a battlefront for the DS, it would be of a much worse quality than the PSP, I'm really opposed to the whole dual screen notion. I'm against innovation if it is just to be innovative and not help gameplay.

Okay. :p (Gotta love the sig.)

*Ahem*

1) The PS2 has the best controls IMHO, weapon fire and the change weapon buttons are linked to the shoulder buttons. It literally means you intuitively fire with R1 and change primary weapon with R2, while 'Grenading' with L1 and changing the grenade with L2. Also means that if you're in a hurry with a Jet Trooper you can fire a EMP rocket, change to commando pistol and fire off a dozen blaster bolts before the missile hits the target. Way better than using the black and white buttons on the X box controllers. They're not designed to be pressed in a hurry.

2) Well, I haven't seen the PSP in action for Battlefront, although the static screens are pretty ugly, I'll give it that. None the less, I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt, as it does have hardware similar to the PS2, without the problem of having to display at such a high resolution. It's a cop-out commenly known to PC users: Lower the resolution to up performance.

I like to read Star Wars books, and playing games is Exciting not Relaxing!

Depending on the game... Bejewled is relaxing, and Battlefront ][ IS exciting! Even though the graphics are reduced a bit. I am fine with the detail level of the graphics if it keeps the game play smooth and rapid! I have yet to try it on ad-hoc but am still hopefull to get some good playing in(onece I get a better feel for the controls of course!)

Take it easy!!

-=|Brutus

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

It feels a bit... easier. I own both the Xbox and PSP versions of BFII and on the PSP version I could run through Yavin IV blasting 20+ Rebels before dying while on the Xbox I would've died immediately.

oh god! i played the ps2 vision of Bfront1 before, and it sucks like crap conpared to the other consols, and i cant believe that the psp is much better from the screenies i seen.....

Don't talk s*** about the PS2 version. Despite all the crap it got, it is the best version of the game there is. You probably have awful taste is video games, you poor soul

Archived