Home

Does the dev team even know what republic clone troopers are?

Fortnox

do they? they've had Windu alive in the temple attack, they have Jango on the battle for Kashyyk, they call the galactic marines "clone commander", and the actual commander, commander Baacara, "Heavy Trooper" >_> they gave Luke a green saber on Hoth (lazy buggers) and gave Aayla Secura two sabers (there must be a reason for this), even had 501st troopers on Utapu. and ofcorse, they gave the magna gaurds guns. and, they might even have the BOH. WHY would you want the BOH in a battle front game?! it's not designed for Jedi dueling! and apparently, Rebels that have LAAT's (Republic Gunships) in space. W. T. F. Yoda has his saber on Dagobah (altho that is cool, fighting as him in Degobah) somehow they have Palpatine on DStar2 WITH his red saber

let me re-phrase the title, have the dev team watched ANYTHING to do with Star Wars- ever?

so I ask you, dose the team just go on instinct, or guess work? did some one have to explain to them what Star Wars is when they signed up? or do they know more about Star Wars than we think, but are too lazy to skin a different trooper for each planet?

*edit* and I just heard that they have removed Rhen Var and Bespin, dammit they were some of my faverote maps, I love the bespin platforms map!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the game must be released with the Ep III DVD apparently so they have to get the game down ontime. Instead of adding all the features they can, they are perfecting what features they have now (new and old) and the new features that they miss will be added to Battlefront 3 with alot more detail and timing because it wont have to have a certain release date..

This all makes alot more sense now but hopefully it doesnt take too long to add all new features and perfect the clone trooper batallions/colours and get all the precise information down.

Yeah lets see how BF2 is before we start talking about a BF3.

I'm a bit dissapointed at the clone skins too, but I don't think the devs think that players will really care, they probably think that we care more about balanced classes and cool maps then if a clones armor fits the enviroment it is. Well at least they got the pilot droid right this time around, but then again now they have got the death star gunner as the imperial technician...

Sure the games not going to be exactly true to the movies, but they change stuff to make the game more playable and fun. I mean BF has always been a bit of a "what if" game anyway. What if the rebels and the empire fought on Dagobah? What if the rebels managed to win the battle of Hoth? I could understand not wanting these kind of inconsistancies in the campaign, that's supposed to reinact the movies. But in single player and multiplayer they can be a little more lenient.

and I really hope they include at least Bespin and hopefully Rhen Var in BF2

Totally agreed... you made the rant thread that I wanted to but I'm too afraid of upsetting the fanboys. >_>

Is that me? :D

If it is, you didn't upset me, I swear. :) We're having a real nice little debate in the other topic.

That being said, I am 150% against the 2 sabres thing. All the dual-wielding is just destroying what Jedi duels are supposed to be.

And on the galactic marines/commander thing : they didn't even get the right colors for the battle droids in BF1, so I suppose you're asking a bit too much.

This is all so right, it's painful to read. These are my EXACT feelings. Especially what they have done to the clones. I've said this before, but it needs to be said again. WHAT DRUGS ARE THE DEVS ON!? Don't worry about space and Jedi, make sure the game is correct first, then add the features. The devs have taken 2 steps forward then 10 backwards!

Is that me? :D

If it is, you didn't upset me, I swear. :) We're having a real nice little debate in the other topic.

Well I don't know... I just know you're not against playable Jedi, but that doesn't make you a fanboy IMO.

Fanboys are like... the ones who are just... liek ogm tis gaem wil b r0xor fi yuo dont liek it yuo sux!11

:xp:

Are you sure they aren't standing backwards, thus moving 8 steps in the correct direction?

Its more like that. Looking back at previous mistakes, then mostly fiksing them. I dont really know the difference between galactic marines and commanders, but that isnt whats importent is it?

No, its the eksperience of the game, not so much looks, but eksperience.

seems I'm not alone on this, alot of pepole are annoyed at the whole universe being messed up.

and the difference between galactic marines and commanders is big, there is only 1 commander of Baacaras type, now there will be 10 or 15 in a match >_>

and what I meant by the dual sabers, is that Aayla has 1 saber, but for some reason she has 2 sabers in SWBF2

:mad: Well if you can find a better Heavey trooper skin and Commander skin let us know. I don't really care what the clones look like as long as they can still fly a few hundred yards. But I HATE how the Magna guards are the CIS commander, thats just screwed in every way shape and form

:mad: Well if you can find a better Heavey trooper skin and Commander skin let us know.

Uh, take a Clone Trooper, and put some spare equipment on his back. Tada, instant Heavy Trooper. And uh... Commander skin would be either Cody, Bacara, Bly, etc. depending on what map you're on.

It's not that hard to figure out, so stop being an apologist.

But I HATE how the Magna guards are the CIS commander, thats just screwed in every way shape and form

No more screwed up than having Galactic Marines as the Clone Commander.

No more screwed up than having Galactic Marines as the Clone Commander.

?????????????????????? They are not the clone commanders!

In SWBF2, yes, they are. Of course, that is seriously screwed up.

I don't think it's actually confirmed that the MagnaGuard is the CIS Commander, because I've also seen yellow-marked Battle Droids.

I've heard that its confirmed, plus theres that picture of a Magna gaurd with a gun. THAT is really, really ****ed up. the dev team is getting everything wrong.

personaly I thik the droid commander should have been a yellow-marked clone, or perhaps different on certain planets, like a crab droid on Utapau, but then again Crab Droids are probbably vehicles on Utapau

I don't think it's actually confirmed that the MagnaGuard is the CIS Commander, because I've also seen yellow-marked Battle Droids.

Pilots weren't blue in BF1. The developers obviously don't look at the movies often.

...if they ever saw them, that is...

Actually the Clone sixth commander aren't not Clone Marines...look:http://lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html#GamePlay.Republic.Characters

Way to prove that you have no clue what you're talking about.

movie_bg.jpg

See those guys with Commander Bacara there? Those are the Galactic Marines. And that is what they made the Clone Commander.

this could be because of two things:

A: Your right and the Magna Guards are heroes.

B: They did the coloration write

Archived